How to be the most beautiful girl in the room

Everything else you can poke a stick at. And then some.
Great H
Stop touching the monkeys

Re: How to be the most beautiful girl in the room

Postby Great H » Fri May 13, 2011 4:14 am

New Zealand Springs eh?
(Obviously they don't mean any of the springs around Rotorua then cos they're all full of sulphur and are really stinky! :lol: )
Hmm... I think I'm up for a bit of shoe shopping just now - you guys are putting ideas in my head! :nod: :biggrin:

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Sat May 14, 2011 3:47 am

eejm wrote:Have you tried Clark's, vmh? They have a wide variety of styles and are usually really comfy.

http://www.clarksusa.com

They have a Clarks store at a mall in Montclair, CA. I might have to check it out this weekend. I'm really digging a lot of the t-strap and gladiator styles. Now, if any of you know where to get discount Swedish Hasbeens, you let me know! :wink:

Nancy wrote:I didn't know where else to put this, so think of this as a recommendation of something nice to smell and that makes your dishes clean. The other day I was buying dishwashing liquid and I looked at all the "green" soaps, and all the different varieties of Dawn, which I like. I usually get the green apple. Well, did you know they have a scent called "New Zealand Springs"? :que:
Yup, no lie, and it smells clean and lovely. I love doing my dishes now! :whitey:

I bought some Febreze room spray just because it was New Zealand Spring scented. I'll have to try the Dawn soap.
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Sat May 14, 2011 1:39 pm

vmh wrote:
eejm wrote:I bought some Febreze room spray just because it was New Zealand Spring scented.
I have that too.

I have a pair of Clark's sandals that I love. I wore them to Vegas & LA last year because they are basically the only sandals I have that I know I can walk around all day in and I won't get tired or sore feet. :)
90% evil
ImageImage

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Sun May 15, 2011 1:13 am

I'll have to check out the Febreze - I haven't seen it here yet. The Dawn is the prettiest bluish color, and just a subtle scent, not overpowering. Tasteful,like the Kiwis we know and love. :eyelashes:
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Mon May 16, 2011 2:00 pm

vmh wrote:Now, if any of you know where to get discount Swedish Hasbeens, you let me know! :wink:
Never heard of them but just checked them out & they are awesome.
90% evil
ImageImage

mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby mockingbird » Tue May 17, 2011 5:55 pm

Those Hasbeens are adorable. :heart: I love the name too, and their vintage ad campaign. :thumb: Did you guys check out their boots? :drool: And those loafers are awesome too. Sadly I just don't like to wear shoes with rigid soles, it's really hard for me to walk in them. I like Danskos and I can't wear them either, for the same reason.

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Tue May 17, 2011 7:35 pm

I love the striped beach sandals in red and white. I love all their shoes, actually. They're so fun and retro.
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Wed May 18, 2011 8:18 pm

I wasn't even looking for shoes today but I bought 2 pairs. The first were only $40 from Madewell. They came in fire engine red and of course that's the color I wanted (I am obsessed with all things red) but they were sold out so I bought the blue and the store will look for the red for me and ship to me free of charge and then I can return the blue. If not I'll just keep the blue (but it's not the same as red *sniff*)

The 2nd pair wasn't exactly a bargain but they've caught my eye a few times and this time I noticed the display was my size. I put it on and holy crap it's SO SOFT. It feels like a slipper and fits perfectly. Therefore, it was meant to be. :heart:

90% evil
ImageImage

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Wed May 18, 2011 9:30 pm

Oh, also I bought these a few days ago and they are SO comfy.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Danskin-Now-W ... s/15155249
90% evil
ImageImage

mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby mockingbird » Fri May 20, 2011 3:54 pm

Cute shoes! 8) I like the embroidered ones, they're very unusual and they look comfy.

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Fri May 20, 2011 5:30 pm

I got 2 prs exactly like the WalMart ones a few years ago from Avon, probably by Curves. They are super-comfy! (And they make me taller, lol.)

I also like the slipper-like ones- very cute and unusual.

I just took back a pair of sandals to Kohls today that I bought yesterday, grr. My left foot is the slightly bigger one so I tried that one on...quite comfy and not tight. At home, the right one killed my pinkie-toe.....it was cut a bit like your 1st pair. Here they are:
http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/shoes/s ... andals.jsp
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

eorious
Consistently Mediocre

Postby eorious » Sat May 21, 2011 7:19 am

Man, you guys are making me want to go shoe shopping. Must....resist....

Those Hasbeens are awesome, and whoever does their marketing is spot on. I absolutely remember Olivia Newton-John dancing in them and I did want them badly. :lol: Of course now that I'm older I recognize the impossibility of dancing in 4 inch wooden heels. :roll:

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Sun May 22, 2011 5:05 pm

I have a gig as a seat filler at the MTV Movie Awards (maybe) on June 5. It means I have to get dressed up. They said to wear bright colors. I bought a dress last night that I love but it's not bright. It's sage green and under bright lights, it'll probably look more like a silver grey. I was going to add bright color accessories (clutch and shoes) to make up for it but I'm wondering...what BRIGHT color goes with sage green??? :hrm:

eorious wrote:Man, you guys are making me want to go shoe shopping. Must....resist....

Those Hasbeens are awesome, and whoever does their marketing is spot on. I absolutely remember Olivia Newton-John dancing in them and I did want them badly. :lol: Of course now that I'm older I recognize the impossibility of dancing in 4 inch wooden heels. :roll:

I can't even walk in 4 inch wooden heels, let alone dance. :lol:

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Sun May 22, 2011 9:19 pm

I just ordered some purple sandals from Zappos that I totally don't need (& they are way too much $$ :oops: ) but I couldn't help myself coz they are just so cool. And they're PURPLE!

I may have to return the uber cool black cushy shoes. My blasted bony ass heels slip right out of them unless I'm wearing somewhat thick socks. This is why open back shoes work so well for me and normally slips on don't coz my heels always pop out (plus my left foot is an entire size smaller than my right). Bloody feet! :cross:
90% evil
ImageImage

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Sun May 22, 2011 10:52 pm

Okay, SW, let's see those 'spensive purple numbers! :waiting:

V, that is so cool! I was a seat filler for the Tonys one year, and we had to wear black - well, I guess the venue is a little different! :rolls:
Sage should be a good complement to a lot of bright colors. A hot pink comes to mind first. But a bright pop of color in a clutch should do it for you. I'd bring it with you and find something that's bright and works for you. Not that you'd need it, but a bright stole or scarf might do the job as well. :dunno:

Who did they just announce was going to be on the Movie Awards? :puzzled:

Found this by Googling:
As compared to other colours that go with few colours, sage green is one of the colours that go with numerous colours, be they bright or dull. Sage green can either be light or dark gray-green. Colours that go with green include yellow, pale terracotta, red, purple, brown, and blue. Individuals should note that, when pairing any colour with sage green, it is very important to consider the type of surface and the nature of image that one intends to create, because different combinations elicit different feelings.
Oh, fish-like Lady

Lady-like Fish

I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady

No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit

La-dy-ish! Yeah!

Return to “Off topic rambles”