How to be the most beautiful girl in the room

Everything else you can poke a stick at. And then some.
vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Re: How to be the most beautiful girl in the room

Postby vmh » Mon May 23, 2011 6:02 am

Normally, I'd probably pair it with burnt sienna color sandals but for the sake of the MTV thing, I think I might pair it with electric yellow and complimenting heels. That was my initial thought but I wasn't sure if they went together. Good call on just doing the clutch. I don't want to be too matchy matchy.

You went to the Tony Awards?! That must have been exciting! 8) What was it like being a seat filler? Did you get to enjoy the show that much or was it more work than play?
Nancy wrote:Who did they just announce was going to be on the Movie Awards? :puzzled:

Jason Sudeikis is hosting. I just read on their website that The Foo Fighters are performing. It's going to be held at Gibson Amphitheatre near Universal. They've announced some of the guests and presenters here: http://www.mtv.com/ontv/movieawards/2011/about.jhtml
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Mon May 23, 2011 8:32 pm

Nancy wrote:Okay, SW, let's see those 'spensive purple numbers! :waiting.

90% evil
ImageImage

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Tue May 24, 2011 2:42 am

Those soles make them look very comfortable. :D

I was lucky when I was a seat filler. There were some empty seats in the back, and they never want to see an empty seat, so they had us sit right from the beginning, throughout the whole show. Now normally, on the other hand, when someone gets up to perform or go to the bathroom, that's when they send you to sit in their seats, and when they're done, you have to vacate and stand in the back waiting for your next seating assignment. The cool thing about doing that is you get to sit next to celebrities, and you're bound to be seen on camera. :eyelashes:
And electric yellow would definitely grab our attention!
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Tue May 24, 2011 3:18 pm

Ooh Madewell's search dept found the red sandals I wanted. :whitey:

http://www.madewell.com/madewell_catego ... /44084.jsp

Now what am I going to do with all of these shoes? I can't possibly keep all of them.
90% evil
ImageImage

ItsAllRyche
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby ItsAllRyche » Tue May 24, 2011 5:06 pm

I love the red ones too SW! I also love the purple ones!!!! It would be extremely difficult for me to return the sandals once they landed in my closet.

I have been known to keep very ill-fitting shoes cuz I loved them.. :oops:
[img]Arj-Barker-Banner-arj-barker-230459_800_100[/img]

mohumbhai mania
Can Attack!

Postby mohumbhai mania » Tue May 24, 2011 6:32 pm

Save em for next year!
Too much time on too many hands - too many ladies, not enough mans

I am bike-cheese!

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Tue May 24, 2011 6:37 pm

SW, those sandals from Madewell's are really cute. Now that they have the red pair available, are you going to keep the blue as well?
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Tue May 24, 2011 9:25 pm

I'm going to return the blue once I receive the red. They are very flat, no support shoes so I won't be wearing them for any serious jaunts but they were too cute and too inexpensive to pass up.

I received the purple ones today (dang if that Zappos shipping isn't speedy) but the straps are way too snug across the foot and they aren't adjustable. Shame but it makes my decision to return them much easier than it would have otherwise. :P

Comfort is key for me, even the cutest shoes go back if they make my feet cry.
90% evil
ImageImage

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Tue May 24, 2011 11:58 pm

Movie Awards shoe selections are between...

http://www.zappos.com/sofft-pavia-black-velvet-sheep-nappa

and

http://www.zappos.com/sofft-ramona-ii-sand-patent-leather

I'm trying to find heels that are going to be as comfortable as possible. I like the idea of having a little platform because it makes the heel height less excruciating. I can only hope there aren't any stairs that I'll have to walk up that night. :pray:

mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby mockingbird » Wed May 25, 2011 2:37 am

SW - too bad about the purple shoes. At least you can console yourself with your cool new red ones. 8)

vmh - just purely on the basis of their merit as shoes, I like the second pair better. I'd have to see the rest of the outfit to know which ones went better though. I do think I'd like the nude color better than the black with the color scheme you described.

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Fri May 27, 2011 8:54 pm

I ended up going with these in anthracite grey patent. The nude Ramona II pair (as seen above) is cuter, I think, but the Napoli III's were on sale. And no one's going to be looking at my shoes anyway. 8)

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:57 pm

SW turned me on to this company ages ago, and I'm forever grateful. They're having a quick sale - everything they have is 20% 0ff, until this Sunday, June 12. I love their Balm In Gilead moisturizers:
http://www.australianscent.com/
Oh, fish-like Lady

Lady-like Fish

I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady

No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit

La-dy-ish! Yeah!

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:06 pm

I'm glad you like them. Their new website is great. I picked up my fave hair stuff when they were at the Brooklyn Flea a few weeks back & told Eddie how thankful I was that he demonstrated the product for me a couple of years ago because I am now an avid devotee of the hot hair pomade. :thumb:
90% evil
ImageImage

Return to “Off topic rambles”