WTFIUO Videos

A little cosy corner for our uke players to gather. Be you potential, beginner, intermediate or world expert on uke playing, this is the place for you.

Please note this forum has now been closed and posts can no longer be made to it.
mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Re: WTFIUO Videos

Postby mockingbird » Sun May 22, 2011 6:10 am

Nancy wrote:I don't get the numbers - if we only have 5 fingers, why do the numbers go up to 10?

The numbers are the fret you place your finger on, so a 10 would be the tenth fret. I can never remember if the top line represents the top string or the bottom string, for some reason I think it actually is supposed to be the bottom string. :rolleyes:

kipples
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby kipples » Sun May 22, 2011 11:43 am

mockingbird wrote:I can never remember if the top line represents the top string or the bottom string, for some reason I think it actually is supposed to be the bottom string. :rolleyes:

That's the one thing I do remember from the day I exclaimed, "Right! That's it, I'm going to learn how to read tabs!" :worry:
I guess it'll have to be a song that I really like, and I just can't find the chords anywhere, before I fully teach myself how to follow them.

nonchalant obsession
WTF!'s Biggest Blasphemer. Apparently.

Postby nonchalant obsession » Sun May 22, 2011 4:51 pm

A whole song can be overwhelming, but maybe just stick a twiddly bit into a song you love. Ukulele Hunt usually offers the chords for so many and if you read Woodsheds blog, he talks about possible strum ideas and sometimes shows a nice tab pattern to stick in here or there. :)

mockingbird wrote: :clap: Nonch that was beautiful! And your video is very appealing visually as well, with your lovely uke and the white clothes and the dark background. I'm trying to think of a name for your uke... :hrm: For some reason I keep coming up with Spanish names, like Carmelita.

Thanks, I can't believe how dark it was that afternoon. The sky was so angry. I like the name Carmelita as well, and I agree about the Latino feel but I'm not strong enough to use a name that makes me crave dessert. lol.

Someone post a video QUICK! :D
Image..Image..Image

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Sun May 22, 2011 11:09 pm

Wait, you mean Creme Brulee is out for a name? :(
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!

mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby mockingbird » Mon May 23, 2011 5:43 am

Nancy wrote:Wait, you mean Creme Brulee is out for a name? :(

No Tiramisu either, I assume. :lol: How about Valencia? It's an orange but that's hardly on par with creme brulees or carmelitas. Then you could have Van and Val. 8) Though some people might think you named your uke after that Decemberists song, which while I like the song I wouldn't want anyone to think that, lol.

nonchalant obsession

Postby nonchalant obsession » Mon May 23, 2011 3:51 pm

I suppose I should have mentioned that I really want the name to be in some way connected to, or remind me of the Conchords in some way - no matter how subtle. :nod: :hrm: I'm considering Angelie. (pronounced like Angela only with an ee at the end) It sort of means tiny angel...which fits for my dainty soprano and her tone is heavenly. I grabbed it from the name of the city in which I last saw the Conchords (and many of my dear online friends) in person. And then there's the nod to the song 'Angels'...which of course reminds me of the guys and also makes me think of 'doing it'... :lol: all good stuff. What do you guys think? :D

I will stop talking about my new uke now in the wrong thread and encourage someone to make a video. :P

:stick:
Image..Image..Image

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Tue May 24, 2011 2:33 am

Angelie it should be. :nod:
Oh, fish-like Lady

Lady-like Fish

La-dy-ish! Yeah!

kipples

Postby kipples » Tue May 24, 2011 6:30 pm

I had a fairly productive day today, if you count uploading six ukulele cover videos productive :worry:

These are the two I like the most:

biscuit
Give me some scruff and a leather jacket...or just the scruff

Postby biscuit » Tue May 24, 2011 7:08 pm

Fabulous, kippy :clap: :clap: :clap:

White and nerdy is awesome, and doubly so played on a uke :D

The other song I'm not familiar with but I loved it! You're voice suits it so well!! :)
Thanks to Ariadne at RAC for my gorgeous new avi :-)

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Tue May 24, 2011 11:20 pm

Kipples, I salute you! :prayer: Such talent! We're not worthy!
Oh, fish-like Lady

Lady-like Fish

La-dy-ish! Yeah!

nonchalant obsession

Postby nonchalant obsession » Wed May 25, 2011 10:24 pm

:supz: That was GREAT! :supz: You don't look like you are reading the lyrics...do you have 'White & Nerdy' memorized??!?!? :o I'll bet you're the world's first ukulele rapper!!!! Yeeeeeeeeah! 8) The second song was new to me too and I really enjoyed it. It's stuck in my head now. :lalala:
Image..Image..Image

kipples

Postby kipples » Thu May 26, 2011 12:40 am

biscuit wrote:White and nerdy is awesome, and doubly so played on a uke :D

I had a feeling you'd like that since you liked the one I played you and Nina in London :yawinkle:
Actually, I would love to hear you finger pick a rap song! Rappers Delight!! "I saida hip, hop the hippie..." :rock: :pray:

Nancy wrote:Kipples, I salute you! :prayer: Such talent! We're not worthy!

Major shucks here :blush: :hug: Thank you :D

nonchalant obsession wrote::supz: That was GREAT! :supz: You don't look like you are reading the lyrics...do you have 'White & Nerdy' memorized??!?!? :o I'll bet you're the world's first ukulele rapper!!!! Yeeeeeeeeah!

Yes, I have the lyrics memorized :oops: I am white and nerdy.

I had to do a youtube search of ukulele rappers. I found this little gem
I am sooo getting the t-shirt she has :lol:

"Sail This Ship Alone" is a Beautiful South song. The video for it is very nice. I suggest watching it.

I totally agree with Nonch about feeling instantly better when playing a uke. I absolutly adore my Honolulu :heart: :rock:

I hope we all get to meet soon for a WTFIUO Jam-Extravaganza :partyman:

biscuit

Postby biscuit » Thu May 26, 2011 6:45 pm

Ok, here goes nothing 8) My voice is still recovering from a nasty little cold so do not expect much ;-)

biscuit

Postby biscuit » Thu May 26, 2011 6:46 pm

And another one 8)

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Thu May 26, 2011 9:03 pm

You guys are uke-Goddesses. :clap: :prayer: :rock:

Kipples- you should send your cover to Al....I bet he'd dig it! And teh 2nd song was lovely- your voice sounded just perfect. :)

biscuit, the first one made me teary- beautiful. And I wish I could've seen your strum on the 2nd....that's perfect for 'You Don't Love me Any More.' :D
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

Return to “Uke players corner”