Postby LauraK » Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:05 am

:supz: That's what I expected to see- I hope they all got tix! :D
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

nonchalant obsession
WTF!'s Biggest Blasphemer. Apparently.

Re: 26 June CBS Arena, Christchurch

Postby nonchalant obsession » Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:58 pm

I think everyone did! :D As I scan through the twitter feed today, the line was still long at 1pm when the online sales were to begin but somehow it all worked out and most people sound happy. Tired, but happy. I don't see any official news yet today, but according to tweets the rain held off, there was a bouncy castle, FoTC sing-a-longs and despite the inconvenience of only one port-a-loo, More FM, TV NZ and The Edge FM were on hand and giving out energy drinks. :lol:

Right now Ticketek shows that there are still seats available, though only singles in the anything but the upper tier.
Image..Image..Image

Great H
Stop touching the monkeys

Postby Great H » Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:59 pm

Can you imagine being one of the arena staff and opening the ticket window first thing on your work day, to be greeted by that kind of queue? :shock: :lol:

ps. I love that they had a bouncy castle! :D

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:49 pm

The charities have been announced :)

Conchords Christchurch Show - Proceeds To Local Charities!

Thursday, 5 April 2012, 5:30 pm
Press Release: The Publicity Machine

Media Release: Thursday 5 April 2012
CONCHORDS CHRISTCHURCH SHOW-
PROCEEDS TO BENEFIT LOCAL CHARITIES!

Flight of the Conchords are pleased to announce that ticket proceeds after costs from their
Christchurch show, with very special guest Arj Barker on Tuesday 26 June at Christchurch’s CBS Canterbury Arena, will be donated to Cholmondeley Children's Charity and to the restoration and repair of the Isaac Theatre Royal.

Cholmondeley (Chum-ley) provides respite care for children aged 3 – 12 years, with the aim of alleviating immediate family pressures for the children and their parents. They have helped more than 25,500 children in their 87 years of operation and General Manager Shane Murdoch said “We are very grateful for the generous donation. This money will be used to provide day to day care for the children in Canterbury that need us. Many of these families have been affected by the on-going impact of earthquakes, are experiencing significant stress in their homes and need a break”.

The iconic, heritage listed, 104 year old Isaac Theatre Royal suffered extensive damage from the series of Christchurch earthquakes last year and is embarking on a major repair and recovery process over the next 12 months. General manager Neil Cox is delighted with the news that the Conchords will contribute to the famous Theatre’s restoration. He said “The Conchords last performed in Christchurch in 2006 on OUR stage before they took over the world... so it is fantastically fitting that our extensive recovery costs will be helped considerably by their Christchurch concert in June. It is an incredibly generous offer of support for which we are eternally grateful and hopefully we can welcome them back on our stage again to celebrate the Theatre’s reopening”.

A small number of tickets to the CBS Canterbury Arena show are still available for $50 from ticketek.co.nz or 0800-TICKETEK.

Tuesday 26 June – CBS Canterbury Arena, CHRISTCHURCH
Ticketek.co.nz / 0800-TICKETEK
http://www.flightoftheconchords.co.nz / http://www.arjbarker.com
http://cholmondeley.org.nz/ http://www.isaactheatreroyalco.nz/

Source
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:00 pm

Such good guys. :D :clap:
90% evil
ImageImage

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:25 pm

:love: Yeah. :love:
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!

nonchalant obsession

Postby nonchalant obsession » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:28 pm

Awesome. 8) Very worthy causes.

I hope they do get to go back and play another gig at the Isaac Theatre Royal.

This is the only photo I could find of that 2006 performance at the Isaac in Christchurch.

Source and chatter about the show here. Sounds like that show saw the debut of Most Beautiful Girl (in the room).

There is some interesting info about the damage and the work being done on the link provided above. Sir Ian McKellen is also doing his bit to help. :)
Image..Image..Image

terre_369
New arrival

Postby terre_369 » Tue May 01, 2012 6:46 am

Hello, all!

My name is terre, and I'm a FotC-holic. :D

I hope you don't mind me jumping right in. It's regarding an idea, and the guys' upcoming tour …

Very happy for NZ and OZ that it's FINALLY happening...
And, sometimes, when people say, "It's a small world, isn't it!"-- it's obvious they've never traveled to NZ or OZ before.

Recently, an idea zapped in out of the blue; sudden, instant: Bam, Ping!

It is this:

Since FotC has very generously donated all proceeds from their Christchurch concert to charities, why not really go for it and also webcast that concert live, for charity?

FotC has pulling power. Christchurch needs all the help it can get to build itself back up…
There're masses of international fans who'd really dig catching an FotC concert… even online!

It'd be a thrill to see them play their Homecoming tour...
It'd be sublime that ChCh'd automatically benefit from that thrill...
Why not just stick all of it together and have a HUGE fun-d fest! :cheer: :jc: :jc:

Now, to be honest, I know diddly about concerts on live-stream, having never experienced such before. But, reading up around the 'net-- it's seems relatively easy to set up, and low cost, too.

(If the guys really wanted to stick with their characters, they could just use a web-cam! I'm joking, of course, but if that's all they had, I think I'd even say yes to that.)

Maybe, even, a NZ company, like NZ AIR could be interested in setting up and hosting a platform for the gig to be streamed on?
All e-donations would be added on to the guys' sum, and NZ Air could have the advertising space.
Fotc has done lots to put NZ on the travellers' map, there'd be a big global audience viewing the concert-- and it's for Christchurch.

I'd proposed the idea to FotC on their MS page. I didn't get a response (from them), and assume it's been read, as their account has been logged in since.

Buuut, even if they haven't said anything, it doesn't mean that they've said no...
And (if they've seen it), maybe they might even dig the idea, too-- but, it'd only be logical that they'd want to have an indication of interested numbers-- if it'd even be viable to have set up.

Uncannily, as the idea kept banging around-- and I'd begun to wonder if maybe it's all just crazy stuff, and'd be a botheration to the guys-- … I happened to have met two NZ-ers, by chance, on separate days.
And, guess what? They're BOTH from Christchurch!!

I was utterly, utterly gobsmacked.

I ran the idea past them, and they were so bowled over by its potential and possibilities.
They know of FotC, and also know, first-hand, just how much help ChCh really needs to get back on it's feet after so much battering. Immediately, they said they were up for whatever it takes for this to happen, and would pass it along to all their friends, who'd be really interested in it, too.

One even suggested that I get in touch with NZ expats, here in the UK, via forums, and include them in, as well. Not only would they be up for helping ChCh, but are also proud of FotC-- for their hard work and achievements overseas.
Plus, seeing the livestream for those few hours, it'd like being back home, again..

Then it really sunk in: It's not strictly FotC fans who'd be into this, but the many NZ'ers scattered around the world, too!

Getting actual numbers of people interested in something like this happening… ?
Time's ticking fast, the tour's around the corner. The guys are super busy…

An Events page, on Facebook, has been set up today. Some of you have even responded already!
It's a call to everyone who'd be interested in something like this happening, to represent themselves by joining.

If the response is strong enough, it'll be presented to FotC for their serious consideration.
And, if after all of that, the guys say 'No', then that's fine, and it is what it is.
But, until then, it's too grand of a potential to just let fall on the wayside, and not give it the best go it deserves!

If this something you'd be interest in (and I hope it's okay to post the link here), please join here:
http://on.fb.me/Jxhkop

A friend said to me, after hearing about all of this: "If this event happens, it'd be the Sello Tape of Love, inspired."
She's right, you know!

I really hope we get to hang out together on the 26th of June-- here, on the 'net,
All rockin' THE party with, and for Christchurch!

Meanwhile, thanks for your eyes and attention, here.

terre

Great H
Stop touching the monkeys

Postby Great H » Tue May 01, 2012 7:57 am

Hi Terre! :wave:
I've already joined and forwarded it to everyone I know! :D

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Tue May 01, 2012 3:28 pm

Ah Terre, you're a clever devil. :prayer:

Nice seeing you here BTW.
90% evil
ImageImage

nonchalant obsession

Postby nonchalant obsession » Tue May 01, 2012 3:38 pm

The ability to watch Bret and Jemaine - going about their business - live - via webcam on my computer??? I've often dreamt of it. :horny: :lol: I'm in.

Really a brilliant idea, terre! Everybody wins. I shared on facebook and will try to hit twitter later. Oh, and welcome! :)
Image..Image..Image

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Tue May 01, 2012 4:08 pm

Good on ya, terre! I joined yesterday and so hope this happens! Great idea!

I don't know how active Jemaine has been over at MySpace of late but he's the one who kept up with that page and occasionally blogged and commented. You should send him a note there. :) http://www.myspace.com/conchords/stream

:welcome:
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Tue May 01, 2012 4:16 pm

Welcome, terre! :wave:

What a wonderful idea! Reminds me of the pay-per-view events they used to do on cable. (Not a bad addition to the mix - $29.95 a pop, times all those cable viewers, might not be bad either, along with the webcast :dunno: )
Oh, fish-like Lady

Lady-like Fish

I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady

No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit

La-dy-ish! Yeah!

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Tue May 01, 2012 6:12 pm

Hi Terre, welcome to the forum! :wave: This is such a great idea and I know so many fans would love for this to happen so I hope everything works out. :D
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

Deirdre
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby Deirdre » Tue May 01, 2012 10:04 pm

Great idea! :cheer:

Return to “New Zealand & Australia 2012 Tour”