All the news, info and gossip for the AusKiwi 2012 Tour
SheWolf
Boom King!

Re: 7 July, Brisbane Entertainment Center Qld

Postby SheWolf » Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:00 pm

tynant wrote:
Venus wrote:Credit to wellthatdepends on Instagram:

It almost looks like Jemaine is wearing those socks that have toes! :roll2:

I thought the same with that photo and this one: http://www.flickr.com/photos/82242548@N ... 0497518320
And yeah he looks ripe for straddling. :waggle:
90% evil
ImageImage

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:52 am

Wow...there are some beautiful pics of both of them in there! :heart:
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

gibbsrus
Half a shapely halibut

Postby gibbsrus » Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:28 am

Righteo..... So, I am SUPPOSED to be doing school work.... oops!! :P This is FAR more important though.... I just can't hold it in much longer.

Unfortunately, my YouTube upload died halfway through, so I am slowly uploading the videos, but the story must go on.

So, here we are, dressed up and ready for the 'gig'. My big boy, Liam is doing his best 'Bret Face' :)
upload1.jpg
. Oh and Liam is sporting our home-made shirts that we whipped up the day before!! :)

Anway, so we set off for the entertainment centre with a friend who had driven 5 hours just to come with us. My other friend bailed :( I had another 'special' friend that I really would have loved to come but couldn't. He is the reason I originally discovered FoTC and as Nonch can validate for me is a very difficult person to look at!!! :oops: I would LOVE to post a pic but I am too scared of getting caught!!! :P

I'm NOT sorry to say.... she's a convert!!! :D Hooked I think :)

Anyway... pics. Our seats were close
2.jpg
closer than I thought. This photo was so fast.... it was 'wtf are they doing? OMG, they are coming this way, quick camera, quick." Thankfully the highly distressed woman sitting behind us did eventually leave or else her ugly mug would have ruined a perfectly good Bret photo!! :P AND she would have been WAY to close to that gorgeous man for MY liking!!!!

This woman, really did ruin an awesome time for us.... as much as I want to try and self talk my way out of it... she was a kill joy!!!! Just after the boys had finished doing their song for the pepileptic dogs, I heard this woman behind me start carrying on about having to leave. She was very upset and was saying to her boyfriend (slave) that she would have to go and he should know that she can't cope with bad parenting. Now, me in my wisdom (Naivety) was thinking.... what could she possibly see wrong with Jemaine's concern for whales not being able to use cell phones? Perhaps she has a pepileptic dog and it was just too distressing for her? Liam kept turning around and looking at her, and that's when it struck me.... Oh, it's me that is causing her so much distress.

So I turned around to look at this poor unfortunate soul who I was obviously disturbing beyond believe and within 2 seconds of her leaning forward to speak to me, my blood alcohol reading rose by .25% She was plastered, paralytic, off her face, rotten drunk. She proceeded to tell me that I should be locked up and have my kids taken off me for treating them so poorly for having them at this show (an all ages show). Then she asked me the most ridiculous question EVER.... She said.... "Do you have any idea what this show is about?" I just stared at her. I am sitting with my 2 children, one dressed as Bret with no hair gel and the other as Jemaine dressed as David Bowie from the 1987 film the Labyrinth.... ummm.... no.... damn.... I think this was NZ's Wiggles. Sheez!!!

Anyway, she continued her rant, and continued to tap me on the shoulder ever 10 seconds to remind me that I was damaging my children. My friend then turned around and told her to shut up and come back when she has her own kids. My friend has an 18 year old son with Aspergers and is quite used to being told she is a bad mother as well!!!

I will admit at this point that I DID feel uncomfortable about having the kids with me during some songs.... but that was not because I thought they were being perverted but more because I was the pervert!!! :oops: :oops: :oops: My kids are probably the only people I know that are more naive than me. They didn't get the 'talking' bits and they just love the music. I had ummed and ahhed so much about taking them with me and my decision making moment came when I remembered that I was MAD about the "Rocky Horror Picture Show" as a kid and it was only when I saw it as an adult that I realised what was really happening in that movie!! :P I thought it was perfectly normal for a dude to wear ladies undies.

Later on I asked Ryan (my youngest) about some of the lyrics of the songs..... He thinks business time is about going to the toilet.... he thinks 'sugar lumps' are his bum cheeks and that the reason the Rhymnocerus is horny is because he's a flipping rhino and rhino's have horns!!! My boys always have a way to make me feel better!! :D

Anway.... time for some more pics I reckon!!! :D
3.jpg
this man should have a health warning attached to him!!!

gibbsrus
Half a shapely halibut

Postby gibbsrus » Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:51 am

less talk.... more pics :?P
4.jpg

5.jpg

This last pic has a story. This most embarrassing woman, in the nose-bleed seats, screamed out during a quiet part.... 'show us ya tits'. OMG!!! I was embarrassed to be an Australian.... again..... anyway. The boys made a bit of a carry on about it. Bret said 'Oh, wow, well, we are in Australia now. (put on his best accent) Yeah, mate, we paid good money for this show and it aint a show if we don't see some titty'. Then Jemaine (bless him!!!) said what any little boy would.... "I'll show you mine if you show me yours". Bret was clearly distressed and seemed to be more aware of what was going to happen as he shock his hands at Jemaine with a 'no, no, no, no' kind of thing as he was saying it.

Sure enough.... the house lights go on and the spotlight up on this 'woman' and yep.... she set the twins free. We didn't turn to look.... her voice was a small indication of what the state of the said 'twins' would look like. That, coupled with the intoxicated state of our 'friend' behind us, I figured it was best not to look. Poor Bret and Jemaine however....

It took them a little while to regather their thoughts. Bret undid one button on his shirt and pulled it over to reveal one nipple as Jeamine said 'well, I guess we had better keep our end of the bargain'..... Bret said "I was not involved in this, this is all yours" (even though he obliged). Jemaine then did the same. Unbuttoned one button on his shirt and revealed one nipple. Yes, you may ask.... why wasn't my camera snapping away at this point???? Well, I guess I must be one of those 'freeze' people in the 'fight, flight or freeze' responses!!! I just stared!!! :P

Anyway. I can't remember what song they were doing or anything, but I do remember they did one song and then it was time for Bowie. Again, where was my camera???? FROZEN IN MY HANDS..... they didn't do the dim lights to strip... they did the 'manpower' strip with the stripper pants and the lights went down while they took off their shirts and got themselves ready for Bowie.

When the lights came back up, it was clear that Jemaine had decided to give this poor unfortunate woman her money's worth of titties as he had pulled his top down to make sure that there was a distinct nipple showing through the rug of chest hair!!! :P Gotta love his style!!!

6(1).jpg

So anyway, the show was awesome. One video is at 56% so I will upload more and share their links tonight. As we were leaving the venue I was still feeling a bit icky from my run in with the parent police (nowhere near as nice as the muffin police) and that's when people started commenting on how good the boys (my boys) looked. On our return flight home, I was very, very upset.... had lots of tears and was just feeling pretty crappy. We had a very early morning flight and as we didn't get home until 1am (great organisation of parking at the venue!!) Ryan changed into his PJ's but Liam stayed in his penguin ones... with penguin slippers. He really struggles in the mornings at the best of times and I just dragged him to the airport in his PJ's. That wasn't too bad but we did get lots of double take stares.... not because of the PJ's and wild hair but I think more for the fact that his beard had kind of worn off to look like a very real 5 o'clock shadow!!

As we were getting off the plane at home the flight attendant pulled us up and said "I just have to ask.... You are very young for facial hair aren't you?" and this very cool couple were leaving the plane too and the young guy said 'Nah. Bret, don't worry man. You're beard is good!!!". So even though we had many ups and low, low downs..... this young guy really finished us off on a high. Oh, he and his girlfriend were wearing FOTC tour shirts.... should have explained that.... and he said, 'I think we saw you guys at the show last night. Wasn't it awesome?".

Weird how 1 out of 10 thousand people can critize you and it is enough to ruin the most amazing night.... so far........... Still thinking VERY seriously about jumping on a plane to NZ on the 20th September. Anyone want to come with me??? No kids this time..... all stalking permitted!!!! :D

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:42 am

God, gibbs, your boys are so handsome! Their outfits are outstanding! :thumb:

What an intriguing evening for you and the boys. And you had such close seats!, You know in your heart that you are a great Mom, don't listen to a boozed-up broad who's a biiiotch!
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!

gibbsrus
Half a shapely halibut

Postby gibbsrus » Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:56 am

Thanks Nancy..... she was VERY, VERY drunk. I don't know how she managed to get so smashed... it was only 8pm!!!! She must have started very early!!! :P

So our 2nd movie is ready on YouTube.....

Liam filmed this one and you can hear Ryan singing. Liam stopped filming to get up and dance to the 'remix' though :P
enjoy

gibbsrus
Half a shapely halibut

Postby gibbsrus » Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:06 am

How the boys managed to write the compelling lyrics to Too Many Dicks (On The Dance Floor).

I LOVE my new camera!!! :)

gibbsrus
Half a shapely halibut

Postby gibbsrus » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:16 am

more chatter about Too Many Dicks.

gibbsrus
Half a shapely halibut

Postby gibbsrus » Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:24 pm

Opening number.... Listen carefully at about 0.11 and you can hear my Ryan...."It's Brety and Jemaine!!" :P

gibbsrus
Half a shapely halibut

Postby gibbsrus » Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:21 pm

Last video. Inner City Pressure. This is one of Liam's recordings on the old Pentax camera phone. Did a good job..... Keep an eye out for Jemaine's flute playing..... Poor big J didn't do very well as a male prostitute obviously!!! :D

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:01 pm

I'm stressed & irritated just reading about the heckling drunken slag behind you. I can only imagine how difficult that was for you to endure. No one with her thought of telling her to pipe the F down or at least apologize to you on her behalf? So she did get up to leave at some point? Jeesh!

Anyway, great pics and vids and wow Inner City Pressure, I don't think I've ever heard that one live. I wonder if J thought he was calling the titty woman's bluff? :lol:
90% evil
ImageImage

ItsAllRyche
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby ItsAllRyche » Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:29 pm

Oh, ugh. That 'slag' is an embarrassment to the true fans. A real fan would never heckle or act belligerent in order to take the attention from the stage to themselves...how gross.

Bet she does not remember anything today, yet unfortunately Gibbs, you were subjected to this puke....ick.

But that being said...You were there!! Inner City Pressure Live! That is a new one!!! YAY for you! :clap:

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:18 pm

Your boys are so precious, gibbs! So cute to hear Ryan singing along to Epileptic Dogs and hear them on video. They must have had such a wonderful time. I can't believe that drunken woman made those remarks to you. You definitely did not to deserve to endure that and it's a shame she put a downer on what was otherwise, a very special night for you and your sons. I'm glad to hear you encountered those sweet fans at the airport though to raise your spirits.

Thank you so much for the lovely pics and videos. I love that you managed to capture Bret riding the bicycle despite whizzing past. Great camera! :thumb:

How amazing would it be to be in NZ for the TLB premiere? September 20th is when TLB is released in NZ cinemas, the actual premiere date may be different so don't go booking flights just yet! I'd love to go if it wasn't taking place so far away from me!

Hope you don't mind that I re-sized a couple of your pics since they stretched the forum a bit. Anyway, thanks so much for your very detailed account. :D
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:53 pm

Their opening number in 2008 was Inner City Pressure. I know because someone taped it secretly in Town Hall, (where they were really strict about no cameras or photography of any kind, but people got some videos anyway) and I must have watched it a billion times. I always liked it as an opening number.
Oh, fish-like Lady

Lady-like Fish

I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady

No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit

La-dy-ish! Yeah!

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:03 am

gibbs- :hug: your Liam and Ryan looked fantastic!! Don't you let that drunken cow ruin your fantastic night! Oooo, I'm so angry on your behalf and wish I could have words with her.... :evil: Did she not notice them singing along and their obvious love for the Conchords?? What a self-righteous, stupid slag. That word fits her perfectly. :roll: I hope her slave/bf fills her in on just how she ruined his time, put a black mark on yours and your boys', and what an a$$ she made of herself.

Your vids are wonderful- you do have an awesome camera. Oh...you got some dreamy pics of Bret! :D Inner City Pressure was great- especially Jemaine blowing loudly into the flute... :lol: and then just whistling! :D I loved hearing the boys singing and being so happy and excited! They will have wonderful memories of this- and I think you're an A+ Mother for taking them along!! :supz:
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

Return to “New Zealand & Australia 2012 Tour”