18 Sep, Fiddler's Green Amphitheatre, Denver, CO

All the news, info and gossip about FOTC headlining the Oddball Comedy & Curiosity Festival 2013!
Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Re: 13 Sep, Fiddler's Green Amphitheatre, Denver, CO

Postby Venus » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:34 pm

Yes, I'm also looking forward to hearing about all of your experiences! :supz:
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

Venus

Postby Venus » Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:30 am

@OddballFest
Denver, tomorrow's show has been rescheduled to next Wednesday the 18th all original tickets WILL BE HONORED

Ugh, I've been reading about the bad weather. Such a shame. How does this news affect all of you?
&

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:33 am

Oh No.... :( I hope everyone can still make it~!
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

4everconchordsfan
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby 4everconchordsfan » Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:38 am

The show has been changed.

Eorious and I have non-refundable airline tickets not to mention a 24 hour cancel policy on the hotel.

Heartbroken. My first vacation since our epic California-Vegas trip, was that 3 or 4 years ago?
Today I packed and prepared with exitement and anticipation. Today was my first vacation day off since January, 9 & 1/2 months later, day off, oops, weather preventing show. :| :oops: :bang:

Sad.

The show is rescheduled for midweek, we can't get off mid- week, we both have commitments at work. Ugh! :shock:
"they're my celebrities, they're what I care about"

Venus

Postby Venus » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:01 am

Oh no! I was really hoping that this wasn't going to be the case for both of you. :( I'm really sorry that this has happened due to circumstances out of your control. :goodman:

Btw, if you can make it to another show, there's still a chance that you can exchange your tickets by getting in contact with LiveNation/OddballFest and explaining your situation. At the very least, you are entitled to a refund on your tickets if you get in contact with them.
&

4everconchordsfan

Re: 18 Sep, Fiddler's Green Amphitheatre, Denver, CO

Postby 4everconchordsfan » Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:44 pm

Thanks Venus. You've done such a great job throughout the tour. The photos and vids have been great. :clap:

United would not allow a refund. No surprise. Now keep in mind this all happened 17 hours prior to our scheduled flight. We learned the show was cancelled 7pm Thursday night, our flight was noon Friday. United expected us to rebook immediately. If I didn't commit immediately they only allow reuse of ticket for Denver at another time, not another destination. Plus I have to pay the fare difference. I wanted to rebook for Orlando or LAX but couldn't on the spot. How was I supposed to rebook dates without checking with my employer? Makes no sense but we're talking airline industry and their policies seldom make sense or serve the public. If you don't cancel prior to scheduled departure you lose entire ticket & all monies paid. Eorious knew she had a work conference coming up in December, she was able to rebook and paid a hefty fare difference with hope that her employer will reimburse her.

Hope the Hyatt comes through for me, their cancel policy is 24 hours prior and they actually gave me a really hard time. I called the hotel direct and spoke to a front desk manager and she was not happy to refund. I explained to her that it was all beyond our control. As much as I hated to was forced to say that I'm a Hyatt gold passport member. She relented. My fingers are crossed, will believe it when I see it.

I feel pretty confident that Live Nation will refund the tickets. Eorious is working on that.

We cannot possibly get a good airfare for the few shows that are left. There's also the issue of getting off work and so on. We figured out that we could go to Irvine on Sunday & tickets to the show were available, the airfare is over $800 cos its so last minute. We worked hard on it last night but no luck. We really really tried.

Needless to say we're both really sad about it. Will look forward to news, photos, and vids of the upcoming shows.

4everconchordsfan

Postby 4everconchordsfan » Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:56 pm

Carol wrote these awesome lyrics for us : :supz: :prayer: :rock: :lol:

All dressed up, getting ready to go
So excited to see the show.
They pulled the plug because of rain
Didn't consider it would cause us pain
So I have a slight little hurt in my soul--
Didn't even get a profiterole.

And....

I've got hurt feelings, I've got hurt feelings

graddyiota
New arrival

Postby graddyiota » Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:43 pm

I can't believe you posted my lyrics here!! :shock:
But they made you smile, so I'm satisfied. Still, terribly disappointed for y'all.

SuzyBatt
Lucky for me I have a short attention sp ....

Postby SuzyBatt » Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:19 am

4ever! Ack! I'm so sorry for your plight! That is SUCH a bad turn of events for you and Eorious! :goodman:

I really hope that something good can come out of this. I don't know what, but something... :pray:

Oh, and nice lyrics graddyiota. 8) (Hi Carol :wave:)

Venus

Postby Venus » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:46 pm

I'm so sorry to hear about the strict policies in place preventing you getting refunds from your flight and hotel. I hope getting a refund from the hotel works out somehow. I know you must have explored every option but it's all very last minute and costly so I completely understand how things haven't worked out. And it's my pleasure gathering pics and vids from the tour. Let's hope it doesn't take Bret and Jemaine too long to return to the US so you'll have another chance to see them live again.

Oh and great lyrics! :thumb:
&

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:23 pm

Major suckage. Sorry ladies.
90% evil
ImageImage

4everconchordsfan

Postby 4everconchordsfan » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:15 pm

Just wanted to thank all of you for your there, there, there.there.there's. It sure is comforting.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xgpka7Vfi5s&sns=em[/youtube]

Hopefully, they will be back soon and we will all enjoy being in their company. :worry: :pray:

mohumbhai mania
Can Attack!

Postby mohumbhai mania » Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:07 pm

Have a great show, ladies!
Too much time on too many hands - too many ladies, not enough mans

I am bike-cheese!

Venus

Postby Venus » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:43 pm

Reverb:
Ahead of Chappelle, Flight of the Conchords brought one of the few stress free sets of the evening. They’re at their funniest when bantering between songs, but the duo shows its real talent is in its ability to recreate a wide spectrum of artists and genres. FOTC played “Inner City Pressure,” “The Most Beautiful Girl (In the Room)” and a hip-hop medley of “Hurt Feelings” and “Hiphopopotamus vs. Rhymenoceros.” Hearing the the duo live especially, it makes sense that they’re a comedy group signed to Sub Pop — like the hipster version of Lonely Island. In particular Bret McKenzie and Jemaine Clement’s voices — moving from imitating women, to minstrels, to falsettos, to rappers, to children — were versatile and impressive.

Source

Denver Westword:
While all of these performers, along with the show-closing Chappelle, were an Easter basket of top-shelf comedy goodness that Denver should be eternally grateful to enjoy on a single bill, Flight of the Conchords rose above their touring compatriots and delivered a triple threat of video, storytelling and inconceivably witty pop songs.

There's little debate about this Funny Or Die festival being the hippest comedy caravan of the year, and yet while this contemporary genre typically thrives on cynicism and moral boundary-hunting, last night FOTC were as jolly as a pair of old men on a speed-walk through the mall. Performing crowd-pleasers like "Summer of 1353" and "Hurt Feelings," these New Zealand xenophiles delivered sincere heart and sincere irony in the same breath, drifting effortlessly from music to audience banter. At one point the duo had some fun with a nearby security guard, requesting a stage spotlight be drawn on him while Jermaine Clement pointed to an audience member and said, "Don't you dare text."

Source

Source

One of our favorite #dance routines of the evening #oddballfest #denver #fiddlersgreen #kristenschaal #fotc #jemaine

Source
Source
Source

Short clip:
Jenny
&

Faith
A pastry chef and a sniper

Postby Faith » Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:11 am

Okay, since I was the only one that was able to make it to this show, I'll post my review for everyone. I'm still sad that I couldn't meet up with 4ever and eorious on Friday because of the schedule change. But I was still able to make it last night. There was no way I wasn't going to this show. I've been wanting see the boys perform for almost 5 years now and I'm glad I finally got my chance.

We got to the venue around 6:30. This place is really small and honestly, I wasn't that impressed. Our seats were on the far left side and I constantly had security next to me because my seat was on the very end of the row, so sadly no pictures. :( They were not kidding around with that no cell phone policy. Even during intermission, a man was trying to text and security told him he couldn't have his phone out which I thought was ridiculous and so did he. I didn't catch the first comic's name, but he was not funny at all. Then it was Kristen up next and I actually thought she was pretty good. I normally don't like her stand up, but she was funny. I also didn't know she was from Colorado. We did get the Flashdance number and people freaked out when Jemaine stripped out of his hoodie and track pants. And as my sister pointed out, he looked like he was about to lose his shorts after he got the bucket of water dumped on him. We got a nice view of the top of his bum because his shorts were sagging low in the back. :thumb: After Kristen, it was Greer Barnes, Josh Blue, and Hannibal Burress, all of them really hilarious. Then it was intermission and then time for Bret and Jemaine.

I thought they sounded great. The crowd seemed to be really into it and I was really enjoying the banter. I'm trying to remember all the songs they performed. Started off with Jenny, sang two new songs (father/son one was my favorite) some mashups of older songs. I wish they could have sang for longer than an hour, but I was just glad I got to see them at all. I was really worried they were just going to cancel the show altogether because of all the rain we were getting. I also wish I could have taken some pictures, but Venus has posted way better pics than I could have taken had I been allowed to take pictures. :D

Return to “Oddball Comedy & Curiosity Festival 2013!”