Muppets Most Wanted

AKA as the Rhymenoscerous, The Video Kid, Figwit and is one gazillionth of The Wellington Ukulele Orchestra. Yuss him and maybe some invisible people also...
Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Re: Muppets Most Wanted

Postby Nancy » Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:25 am

Oh, me, what did I do today? I just hung out in the front row of the DGA theater with Sully ....and Bret, and Walte!!!
We went to the Muppet Movie sing along, which preceded the NYC screenings of Muppets Most Wanted.
:thud: :thud: :biggrin: :eyelashes:
(I'm too tired to start a new thread, and since these 2 sing alongs were a preface to the new movie screenings, they sorta fit here, and I'll probably bump up the first Muppet Movie thread with the same story)
Full story and photos to follow tomorrow! Simply put, I was so happy to see the same sweet, generous Bret that I had met after Town Hall so many years ago!
It was so much fun to watch a movie with him right in front of us, and watch him enjoying it as much as we were!
PS, gibbs, he looked well rested. Guess he heard you! :yawinkle:
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!

gibbsrus
Half a shapely halibut

Postby gibbsrus » Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:30 pm

Ahhhhhh, so awesome!!! Happy for you :) Glad to hear he's had a sleep :)

I live in hope of having a life changing experience like that.

One day my prince will come..... or so Disney says.

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:04 pm

:yay: I'm so happy for you, Nancy!! Sounds like a wonderful experience and I can't wait for your full account and photos. :D

From Stitch Kingdom:
Videos-
Life's a Happy Song
Rainbow Connection
Finale

Photos-

Laughing Place
Source

thedevonfox:

mattdshane:
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

Venus

Postby Venus » Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:57 pm

&

gibbsrus
Half a shapely halibut

Postby gibbsrus » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:07 pm

Nice guy level = Supreme master!!!!

The man is wearing a party hat, shaking maracas and glow sticks, making eye contact with a muppet and singing along to 'Life's a Happy Song' in a room full of kids with whistles and he STILL SMILES!!!! Can he do ANYTHING wrong????

Venus

Postby Venus » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:51 pm

:lol: :nod: He really got into it and I'm sure both the kids and adults had a lot of fun!

Looks like the pic below was taken at Bret's recent music video shoot :)

Source
&

gibbsrus
Half a shapely halibut

Postby gibbsrus » Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:59 pm

:prayer:

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:37 am

What a delightful interview!

The sing along photos are much much better than any that I have, but I'll try to find some of my best and put them up.
My story:

Sully and I had planned to go to the sing along, but then I had to admit to myself that I wouldn't be able to afford the gas and parking, since my refund check hadn't arrived as planned. So I told her that I would have to bow out, and to find someone else to take my place. Friday at 2:30, guess what showed up in my mailbox? Refund check!!! I contacted Sully and made plans to meet outside the theater. The 11:30 am show let out, and I asked a parent exiting how the show was, and he loved it.
Now the wording of the ad made it very nebulous as to whether Bret and Walter would be there in person, or if they were voice overs along with the film. So I asked the parent if it was all on film and he said yes, heart sank. Then I asked, was anyone leading the sing along live?, and he said, "Yeah, the guy that wrote the music" :shock: :woohoo:
So armed with this good news, we immediately got in line so we could sit near the front, or as close to Bret as we could.
Suddenly a group came out of the theater with an unassuming academy-award winner amongst them, :wink: and they ducked into the hotel next door. A while passed and out they came, I waved and said hey, he looked, smiled, and Sully got a good shot of him in the group, like the one posted above.
When we got inside the theater, we grabbed two seats in the flipping front row!!! :biggrin:
We each had a bag of goodies: a toothbrush, a moustache, a party hat, a glow stick, one maraca, and a slide whistle, to be used at certain times during the movie. The noise before the movie rose to a cacophony until Bret was introduced and instructed parents to hold the whistles for their children until the end. (Thank you, Bret!!!)
As the photos above depict, Bret showed the cue cards for different sections of the film, and by the end of the movie, he noted that Awww was the most used. He and Walter led us through a rehearsal of Life's a Happy Song, and then the movie started and we were off and running.
How much fun was it to watch Bret enjoying the movie along with us? It was so cool. :nod:
My videos won't transfer from my phone (I get the dreaded lock symbol), and the last time I shared a photo I used Imageshack, which now charges, so forget that! Maybe I can get them onto Facebook and I can transfer them here from there. :dunno:
Anyway, to end our story, I was getting a photo with Walter kissing me when Bret came out, and after the folks that wanted autographs were done, Sully and I introduced ourselves (I told him I was a moderator on WTF, and a delighted look came over his face) Sully got a nice photo with him, and as I asked Bret if he'd take a selfie of us, my phone went on strike and wouldn't work. But we had a chance to chat and tell him about how much fun we had with WTFers from around the world watching the Oscars and celebrating his win with members in Australia, Norway, London, US, etc, and he said, "Yeah, that was a pretty cool night, wasn't it?" So delightfully unassuming!
And then we told him where we first caught FoTC - for me, it was Town Hall, for Sully it was Tower Theater, both in May of 2008, so we said we were the folks who could say, "we knew him when..." :D So then Bret mentioned Radio City and we said we were there, and then he mentioned Little Red, and I said, "Oh yes!!!", and we got shushed because Walter was doing an audio interview behind us. Bret did a whoops we're in trouble face, and so we whispered about poor Little Red. :tears:
I then told him that we had a RIP Little Red thread on WTF, which made him laugh. We said our so longs, and our 2 plus hours with Bret were over. What a true delight.
Best of all, the warm, friendly person who I met after Town Hall in 2008 hadn't let success get to him, and he was still the same sweet person he was back then. It was so good to see he hadn't changed. :eyelashes: :clap:
Oh, fish-like Lady

Lady-like Fish

La-dy-ish! Yeah!

gibbsrus
Half a shapely halibut

Postby gibbsrus » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:34 am

:prayer: :supz: :prayer:

Venus

Postby Venus » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:00 pm

:yay: :clap: :yay: Woohoo!! Thanks so much for sharing your awesome experience, Nancy! Watching the film with Bret and hearing him sing the songs live must have been absolutely amazing! I'm so glad you were able to go with Sully and what a lovely conversation you had with Bret! I love that Little Red came up in the conversation- such a tragic moment that lingers in everyone's minds. :lol: Bret (and Jemaine) deserves all the success and even more and it's great how he's still so down to earth. :heart:
&

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:29 am

Aw yeah! What a great new memory to add to your collection, Nancy! :supz:

I want to see your pics.... :)

Maybe Bret will swing by..... :whistle:
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:39 am

I'd love to connect with Matt (remember Matt from the concerts?) and send him a link to RIP Little Red for Bret. :tears:
I'm going to check with Sully, she follows Matt on Twitter. I think Bret and Jemaine would get a kick out of it.

:topic:

So I won't be able to see the new movie til next week. Is anyone going this weekend? :eyelashes:
Oh, fish-like Lady

Lady-like Fish

La-dy-ish! Yeah!

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:10 pm

Found this:
Bret McKenzie Reveals His Secrets Behind Making the Muppets Sing

http://io9.com/bret-mckenzie-reveals-hi ... 1547534869

*There's also a link at the end and a bit of talk about his NASA show.... :)
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

Venus

Postby Venus » Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:21 pm

Bret's music video for "I'll Get You What You Want (Cockatoo in Malibu)"! :prayer: :supz: :lol: :clap:

Has anyone bought the soundtrack yet? If so, what do you think? It's out now in the US and out next week in the UK. :)
&

Venus

Postby Venus » Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:28 pm

I wanna see your pics too, Nancy! As well as Facebook, there's Photobucket and tinypic :)

LauraK wrote:Found this:
Bret McKenzie Reveals His Secrets Behind Making the Muppets Sing

http://io9.com/bret-mckenzie-reveals-hi ... 1547534869

*There's also a link at the end and a bit of talk about his NASA show.... :)

:thumb: Bret's certainly a busy guy with all of these major projects going on! :)

Moving Portrait :lol:

I am Rouge interview (talks a bit about Jemaine's role):

Rolling Stone interview

ScreenCrave interview with Bret, James and Todd
&

Return to “Bret McKenzie”