Official Introduction Thread - Greetings fellow earthlings

New to Flight of The Conchords? Or just new to the site and forums? Either way, please take a minute to stop by and say hello. Cheers!
Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Re: Official Introduction Thread - Greetings fellow earthlin

Postby Nancy » Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:50 am

Welcome, Danielle! :wave:
I'll be seeing them a week after you, so I'll be looking forward to your review. :D
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!

Danielle
New arrival

Postby Danielle » Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:27 am

Thank you kindly for the warm welcome! To answer your question, Venus, I dabbled in Bi-Conchordism back in college, but I think I was just denying my inner Jemainiac at the time.
Still can't believe I'll being seeing them BOTH in just a few short months!

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:54 pm

Hi Danielle- welcome!!

I'm in MI too and will be there along with a few other WTFers- maybe we'll see you! :D
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

yis
New arrival

Postby yis » Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:10 am

Hi, ladies (and gents - I know there’s at least one guy here, haha!)
I felt that I should finally introduce myself since I’ve posted here a couple of times. I’m Kat, a young fan from Melbourne.

I found out about the Conchords in late February this year, when I was checking out The Lonely Island and I saw our guys suggested on YouTube. Their name was familiar, so I watched my first ever Conchords video – Business Time from the HBO series. I enjoyed it so much, but I forgot their name.

A few weeks later, I was talking to a friend about The Lonely Island, when she told me that I’d enjoy Flight of the Conchords even more. That night, I looked them up and, lo and behold, it was the Business Time guys. I was hooked. I then watched all of their videos from the HBO series, videos of their gigs and any clips from the series I could find. I finally watched both series, but I found myself asking, “Is that it?” So then I checked out all of their individual projects that I could find and eventually stumbled upon What the Folk!

So, it’s been more than six or seven weeks and the obsession hasn’t gone away yet, so I think it’ll be here for a while longer. ;) And may I say, from the short while I’ve been here, you all seem so nice, so thank you for running such a friendly forum!
... grumbled Albi, quite racistly.

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:35 pm

Thank you and welcme, yis! :wave:
One of my favorite t-shirts has Yis on it. :D
Oh, fish-like Lady

Lady-like Fish

La-dy-ish! Yeah!

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:05 am

Cool, Danielle. So excited for both you and Laura! Should be a fantastic night. :D

Hi, yis! Welcome to the forum! Thanks so much for your lovely compliment about the forum. There is loads to catch up on so feel free to browse around and post in both the new and older threads. I like The Lonely Island too so it's cool that you discovered FOTC through them. I've read a couple of recent interviews with The Lonely Island talking about their respect for FOTC which is great.

I'll pose the same question I asked Danielle to you, are you a Bretero, Jemainiac or Bi-Conchordian? Although, I think I have a rough idea from your posts so far. ;) Even though you may have just missed out on seeing FOTC live last year in Australia, we're all looking forward to their upcoming tour in the US regardless of whether we can make it or not so I hope you'll join in with all the excitement too. Looking forward to seeing you around on the forum. :)
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

yis
New arrival

Postby yis » Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:19 pm

Thank you for the welcome, guys!
Nancy, I'd love to see a picture of your t-shirt (and perhaps order one for myself, too)!
Venus, you're absolutely right - it's not too hard to guess my Conchordian orientation, considering that the first I saw of them was Jemaine wearing nothing but some pixels and a pair of business socks! ;) But I do love Bret, too; I'm particularly excited for the release of Austenland. Oh, and I can't wait to hear about how the Oddball tour goes!
... grumbled Albi, quite racistly.

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:23 am

I know I wore it at a meetup, but I don't remember when or if I can find the thread at the moment. :puzzled:
I think I just googled FoTC t-shirts and found a website - I have no idea what site it was, it was several years ago. :bang:
Oh, fish-like Lady

Lady-like Fish

La-dy-ish! Yeah!

sporter323
New arrival

Postby sporter323 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:31 pm

:rock: Hope that I am introducing myself in the right spot! I am a ukulele and bass player who started out as a chick singer but grew a brain and now play passably, too. I am learning dulcimer to get back to my southern roots. I have an Omnichord 84 coming possibly tomorrow and I am very psyched! I am sure the next. Great American Songbook will evolve!!!!

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:37 am

Welcome, sporter! :wave:
Have a look at our forum guidelines and then post away. Enjoy exploring all that is found here! :D
Oh, fish-like Lady

Lady-like Fish

La-dy-ish! Yeah!

Diah
Half a shapely halibut

Postby Diah » Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:42 pm

Hello all. I am most definitely a late comer when it comes to having a somewhat obsessive passion :? for Flight of the Conchords as well as Jemaine and Bret individually. I believe I am making up for lost time with hours of Googling and YouTube searches.
They came to Denver last summer and I am so disappointed I missed out on the show. My son tried to show me Flight of the Conchords on DVD's a few years back but at the time I didnt really pay attention. :cry: A few months back he put the show on because it is on HBO. Then I saw MIB 3 and thought hey isn't that the guy from Flight of the Conchords? Then I wondered if he was part Maori and the research continued on from there. So obviously I am a huge Jemaineiac. I am fortunate enough to have discovered him during such a productive time in his career.
Well that's a bit of my story. Thanks for letting me
tag along. :D
ImageImage

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:14 am

Hello, Diah! :wave: Welcome!
Oh, fish-like Lady

Lady-like Fish

La-dy-ish! Yeah!

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:18 am

Hi Diah. :wave: Glad you've decided to join us! :D

Both Bret and Jemaine have expressed how much they enjoy touring so hopefully it won't take too long for you to see them live. They have also performed at Red Rocks in Colorado back in 2009 and they seemed to have a lot of fun that night. You're in good company being a Jemainiac on here. Jemaine does have quite a few projects on the go at the moment so I'm looking forward to seeing how all of these projects come together.

Feel free to have a look around the forum and even drag up older topics if you want because it would be great to read your views on Bret & Jemaine's various projects. And don't hesitate to ask any questions. :D
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

Diah
Half a shapely halibut

Postby Diah » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:20 pm

Venus wrote:Hi Diah. :wave: Glad you've decided to join us! :D

Both Bret and Jemaine have expressed how much they enjoy touring so hopefully it won't take too long for you to see them live. They have also performed at Red Rocks in Colorado back in 2009 and they seemed to have a lot of fun that night. You're in good company being a Jemainiac on here. Jemaine does have quite a few projects on the go at the moment so I'm looking forward to seeing how all of these projects come together.

Feel free to have a look around the forum and even drag up older topics if you want because it would be great to read your views on Bret & Jemaine's various projects. And don't hesitate to ask any questions. :D

Red Rocks is an awesome Venue. I've been there 3 times. Coincidentally I think it was one year ago today they were here at the Odd Ball Festival at Fiddler's Green.

I'm absorbing all of the info I can as quickly as I can. :type:
ImageImage

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:46 am

I saw them at the Oddball Festival last year in Mansfield, MA. :thumb:
Oh, fish-like Lady

Lady-like Fish

La-dy-ish! Yeah!

Return to “Introduce yourself - Feel free say hello here before posting. Thanks”