Official Introduction Thread - Greetings fellow earthlings

New to Flight of The Conchords? Or just new to the site and forums? Either way, please take a minute to stop by and say hello. Cheers!
Diah
Half a shapely halibut

Re: Official Introduction Thread - Greetings fellow earthlin

Postby Diah » Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:59 am

Nancy wrote:I saw them at the Oddball Festival last year in Mansfield, MA. :thumb:

Coolness! Hopefully when they DO come back to CO it will be at Red Rocks again. Maybe the Pepsi Center where all the huge bands play
ImageImage

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:51 am

Welcome, Diah! :welcome:

If you haven't come across it yet, you should watch "Eagle vs Shark." Written and directed by Taika Waititi and starring Jemaine in an awkward and heartbreaking role. It's one of my favorites. :)

See you around! Hopefully it'll get a bit busier again...
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

Diah
Half a shapely halibut

Postby Diah » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:49 am

LauraK wrote:Welcome, Diah! :welcome:

If you haven't come across it yet, you should watch "Eagle vs Shark." Written and directed by Taika Waititi and starring Jemaine in an awkward and heartbreaking role. It's one of my favorites. :)

See you around! Hopefully it'll get a bit busier again...

Thank you, LauraK.

I've seen Eagle vs Shark a few times now. I'm watching everything I come across.

All the Jemaine action seems to be on Twitter and FB right now. Hope people return here.

See ya! :D
ImageImage

MVL
Lost but happy at sea

Postby MVL » Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:28 am

Hello, everyone. :wave: I'm a fairly new FotC fan from the Philippines. HBO Asia began showing 'Flight of the Conchords' some years back; I was able to catch a few episodes & thought the guys were funny, but couldn't really focus on the show owing to the demands of further studies. I first really took an interest last year while viewing a 'Lord of the Rings' behind-the-scenes clip (I think) featuring/mentioning Bret, which made me go, "Oh, that's the guy from that show!??!" and led me to the video for "Feel Inside (And Stuff Like That)," and on to their other songs & episodes from the series, and so on and so forth till FotC had firmly claimed their place in my heart.

It seems a blessing that I got to know of them during a prolonged oppressive life situation. For the longest while they were the ones keeping my spirits up. There were times it was hearing their voices (in song, in banter while onstage, in conversation within an episode) that made getting through to the next day worthwhile.

What The Folk! was essential in quenching my initial thirst for FotC info. I'm happy to be able to properly say "Thanks" here. (And I still haven't explored everything yet on the site & the forum!)

Venus wrote:It's been great reading your tweets so I'm sure you'll fit in very well here too. :)

Thanks very much for saying that. I had a terrible sense a while back that my presence on WTF!'s Twitter threads was precluding a certain reaction/engagement, which crystallized my resolve to join the forum & perhaps lessen my Twitter participation, and so remove that possible hindrance.

It's difficult to get FotC stuff here, tangible or otherwise; my main source so far has been the interwebs. The recent goings-on in the extended FotC universe have been wonderfully exciting! And there's more to come, & maybe some of it will reach my part of the world :pray:

In short, guys, I'm glad to be here. Happy New Year, all! :chick: (Not the right smiley for the season, just wanted to use it)

Diah
Half a shapely halibut

Postby Diah » Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:58 am

MVL wrote:It seems a blessing that I got to know of them during a prolonged oppressive life situation. For the longest while they were the ones keeping my spirits up. There were times it was hearing their voices (in song, in banter while onstage, in conversation within an episode) that made getting through to the next day worthwhile.

Hello there MLV! I do not know your personal situation, but I can relate. The guys are great at lifting spirits. :boogie:

See ya around!
ImageImage

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:08 am

Hi MVL! :wave: Happy New Year to you too! Thanks for the introduction. It's lovely reading about how FOTC has helped people through difficult times. Am I right in assuming that you're a Breterosexual? ;) Hope we hear a lot more from Bret this year. :)

P.S. There are a few underused smilies so it's always a pleasure seeing them in a post. ;)

:arrow: :chick: :horse:
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:43 am

Welcome, MVL! :wave:
Glad you're onboard. :boohoo: :silence: :lyre: :devil:

:pile: :stick: :hammer: :brick: :albi:

:suckers:

:group:

Boy, it's been ages since I've used a lot of these!!! :waggle:
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!

MVL
Lost but happy at sea

Postby MVL » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:35 am

Thanks too for the welcome, Diah & Nancy :)

Venus wrote:Am I right in assuming that you're a Breterosexual? ;) Hope we hear a lot more from Bret this year. :)

I love them both, but have a special weakness for Bret, so -- a firm Bi-Conchordian with strong Bretero tendencies? :wink:

Hoping for more Bret as well, been missing him dreadfully. Making do with other people's sightings:
(Is it OK to post this slightly stalker-y pic here? Mods, please feel free to delete if not.)

Source

Venus

Postby Venus » Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:43 pm

Cool. 8)

No problem with the picture. His beard looks good. :wink: We saw a lot of Bret towards the beginning of last year because of Muppets Most Wanted but now things are quieter, presumably due to the fact that he's been spending most of his time writing so hopefully we'll see some of the results of his writing this year. :)
&

deeds
New arrival

Postby deeds » Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:29 am

Hey there! My name is Demarice. I am a new FotC fan. I just became interested in them late Spring/early Summer of last year. However, I knew of them prior to that thanks to a friend who was constantly pestering me to watch the show since 2008. I'm such a huge fan of both of the guys whether together or solo, and I especially love Rhys Darby. Short Poppies was just hilarious! :lol: Anyway, I look forward to sharing the FotC love with everyone!

Venus

Postby Venus » Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:22 pm

Hi deeds! :wave: Welcome to the forum! Glad to hear you enjoyed watching Short Poppies on Netflix, I did too! Do you have a favourite character? I think mine has to be Mary Ledbetter. Loved all the quirky story lines though. Rhys is a great stand up comedian too so I'd definitely recommend watching his stand up routines on YouTube/live DVDs if you haven't already. Looking forward to reading your posts on the forum. :)
&

MVL
Lost but happy at sea

Postby MVL » Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:09 pm

Welcome, deeds! I've heard such good things about 'Short Poppies,' hope it makes it onto my have-watched list soon.

See you around the forum :)

Diah
Half a shapely halibut

Postby Diah » Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:19 pm

Hiya,deeds. So nice to see there are other late start FoTC fans. My son had been pestering me also. If only I'd listened.

I binge watched Short Poppies. Sit com's in the states are so terrible. Thank goodness for Netflix and Kiwis.

See ya around!
ImageImage

deeds
New arrival

Postby deeds » Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:16 am

Thanks for the warm welcome, ya'll! :D

Short Poppies is just fab. When I saw it was on Netflix, I too binge watched and nearly died laughing. Mary Ledbetter is my fave character too, Venus! Haha! Rhys plays an amazing woman. I mean, spot on acting.

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:03 pm

Welcome, deeds! :wave:
I'm going to have to use my daughter's Netflix account and check out Short Poppies. :nod:
Oh, fish-like Lady

Lady-like Fish

I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady

No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit

La-dy-ish! Yeah!

Return to “Introduce yourself - Feel free say hello here before posting. Thanks”