The Video Kid

AKA as the Rhymenoscerous, The Video Kid, Figwit and is one gazillionth of The Wellington Ukulele Orchestra. Yuss him and maybe some invisible people also...
indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby indigo_jones » Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:43 pm

My mailbox was filled to overflowing with Bret goodness today. I got both my F o the C CD, as well as The Video Kid CD. I'm loving both.

The Video Kid CD definitely leans toward atmospheric electronica, although there's one song that's definitely more of The Black Seeds sound (probably the one they contributed to). So it's not necessarily boom! music, but still pretty funky and groovy in it's own way. I think it will be going into heavy rotation on any of my sound systems.
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

indigo_jones

Postby indigo_jones » Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:03 pm

Ok, after listening extensively to this CD, I've come to the conclusion that I'm the only one that doesn't know what the DJZ Girlfriend is.

Really, there's that line that says, "Everybody knows that the DJZ Girlfriend is ..." and I don't know what he's saying there at that point.

Can anyone help?

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

Amaria
Half a shapely halibut

Postby Amaria » Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:11 pm

I won't be any help, I hardly ever venture into electronica.

Which saddens me, because I don't think I could ever get into Video Kid. As much as I want to support Bret, it just ain't my slice o' cheese.

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:23 pm

indigo_jones wrote:Ok, after listening extensively to this CD, I've come to the conclusion that I'm the only one that doesn't know what the DJZ Girlfriend is.

Really, there's that line that says, "Everybody knows that the DJZ Girlfriend is ..." and I don't know what he's saying there at that point.

Can anyone help?

Pose the Q maybe? :P If anyone might know, it would be Bret. One would hope. Still time to email it in to me :)

indigo_jones

Postby indigo_jones » Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:31 pm

What a novel idea! :wink: Slightly embarassing, but what the heck!

Amaria
Half a shapely halibut

Postby Amaria » Thu Oct 20, 2005 1:22 am

You think that's embarassing yet offer to ask for the general populace whether or not Bret will marry one of us? You're a strange lady, Jones. Strange strange lady. ;)

indigo_jones

Postby indigo_jones » Thu Oct 20, 2005 3:00 am

You think that's embarassing yet offer to ask for the general populace whether or not Bret will marry one of us?

It wasn't me that asked! I just offered myself up! :D

Amaria
Half a shapely halibut

Postby Amaria » Thu Oct 20, 2005 3:38 am

What, so you're not going to? Don't tell me I'll have to do it...

indigo_jones

Postby indigo_jones » Thu Oct 20, 2005 4:02 am

Too embarassed to ask (officially), but I'll be first in line to offer my service! Whatver services are required! (Although, I guess I'll need a contract for that!)

Amaria
Half a shapely halibut

Postby Amaria » Thu Oct 20, 2005 6:12 am

Well, so am I! Someone's gotta do it though. So anyone up to it? Anyone? Bueller?

Andria
Bootylicious Flygirl

Pleasantly surprised

Postby Andria » Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:15 am

Today I got my new iPod earphones(wrecked my old ones with the heavy bass of the Black Seeds Pushed...:shock: Not my finest moment) and my package from smokecds! Yay! :yay: Video Kid and Black Seeds goodness.
I am pleasantly surprised by Video Kid. I wasn't sure I would like it, but I actually do. Quite a lot! Totally different (again) from what I normally listen to. I am branching out all over the place! :wink:
I find it very cool that Bret can be involved in such a variety of projects. Fotc, the Black Sees, Video Kid - and they are all really good! :rolls:
I'll take your body and cover it with honey, then stick some money to the honey, now you're covered in money, honey. -FotC

indigo_jones

Postby indigo_jones » Wed Oct 26, 2005 4:45 am

I've had Video Kid on almost constant play on my CD player this past week. I'm addicted to it! CCTV is sort of cheesy fun (Bret booty shaking in the aisles!), but I'm absolutely loving Dawnskate. I used to skate a little myself back in the day and I can totally get the feel of gliding along the road listening to it. It's love, I tell you!

And after the dream I had last night about Bret and a half pipes ... :oops:

Andria
Bootylicious Flygirl

Postby Andria » Wed Oct 26, 2005 5:03 am

I don't really have a favorite song at the moment. But I think that Slip Away is really sweet. I am enamored with the whole album. :D A very nice surprise!

indigo_jones wrote:And after the dream I had last night about Bret and a half pipes ... :oops:

Dreaming about Mr. Big as well as thinking about him during the day? Hmm...Must be Love! :D
Last edited by Andria on Wed Oct 26, 2005 5:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'll take your body and cover it with honey, then stick some money to the honey, now you're covered in money, honey. -FotC

indigo_jones

Postby indigo_jones » Wed Oct 26, 2005 5:41 am

Oh, Slip Away is beautiful. I ended a mix I did recently with that one. It reminds me of The Smiths "Sing Me to Sleep."

And that first line about kissing? Whoa! Makes me all tingly inside! :wink:

Andria
Bootylicious Flygirl

Postby Andria » Wed Oct 26, 2005 6:01 am

indigo_jones wrote:Oh, Slip Away is beautiful. I ended a mix I did recently with that one. It reminds me of The Smiths "Sing Me to Sleep."

And that first line about kissing? Whoa! Makes me all tingly inside! :wink:

I am quite ignorant. Please don't :stick: me, but I've never heard of The Smiths. Background? Or I could just stop being lazy and actually research them myself. :wink:

Oh, the beginning of Slip Away is awesome. *sigh* Great song. :blush:

Return to “Bret McKenzie”