Pets, pets and more pets

Everything else you can poke a stick at. And then some.
djdeathskiss
Keeping it funky

Postby djdeathskiss » Wed Oct 26, 2005 7:53 pm

Sherry - your cat reminds me of one of mine; this is Alice, and this is what she's normally doing:

I also have another cat- Loki, a 2 year-old orange tabby-but he's too evil to be photographed. :twisted:

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:10 pm

djdeathskiss wrote:Sherry - your cat reminds me of one of mine; this is Alice, and this is what she's normally doing:

Awwww sweet. Looks one very content kitty.

Tickle is one of the most active cats I know. She comes for walks with the dogs round the field. She'll pop out of the hedge and amble along behind us. And sometimes down the lanes a ways also.

specialkay
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby specialkay » Thu Oct 27, 2005 7:56 pm

I let this little guy slip my mind until now...
I had him for about 2 months this summer. He got separated from his mum and my friend and I rescued him and bottle fed him. Unfortunately, we had to let him return to the wild but, he stayed in the front yard just like a dog for almost the entire two months with the fence open. The dogs just tormented the poor thing... :roll: I just hated seeing him go...but, that is the way it had to be...His name was "LUCKY" the amazing baby deer.
Who know's, maybe he will show up at my back door again one day! :D
"Growing OLD is mandatory but growing UP is optional" :)
~KAREN~

LostAtSea
New arrival

Can't resist...

Postby LostAtSea » Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:19 pm

Love seeing all these critters! Specialkay, that fawn is amazing -- must have been really neat raising it. And Sherry, I'm tickled to see those chicks, finally! So adorable! I love how they're all different colors. Nice to see Bowie and Daisy and the horses, too. :-)

Here's my three "carpet monsters": mama-dog is on the right, and the other two are her kids: boy in the middle, girl on the left. They're my constant companions. :-)

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Re: Can't resist...

Postby Sherry » Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:31 pm

LostAtSea wrote:Here's my three "carpet monsters": mama-dog is on the right, and the other two are her kids: boy in the middle, girl on the left. They're my constant companions. :-)

Awwww @ the puppies LAS. So good to see a pic of them again. Loving the ears. Hope they are liking their new home :)

conchordgirl
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby conchordgirl » Fri Oct 28, 2005 12:45 am

I don't know why I hadn't seen this thread yet..it must have been invisible or something..ok, maybe not but i still can't believe i missed it..
I am so envious of you guys with farms..One day I would really like to buy some acreage somewhere nice and quiet..somewhere with enough room to have my own little zoo..(jk).. As it is, I have 2 cats (a maine coon and a calico) and a very sweet but not too bright american eskie oh and recently a little gecko named Herman who keeps coming into the house. How do I know it is the same gecko? I don't but last time I tried to release it outside..it's tail came off (of course, that completely freaked me out) and the next day it was back, the little gecko with no tail..After the comedy of me apologizing to Herman about his tail..I decided to let him just stay in the house..I just pray he stays away from the cats and dog. He seems to stay high up near the ceiling.

Everyone's pets are so cute! dj ,your Alice looks just like my old cat george..he was a cat who could hold a grudge. he is so missed..

--Nicole
Oh, look at me! I'm the magical man from happy land, in a gumdrop house on lollipop laaaaaane!!
Oh by the way I was being sarcastic.--Homer Simpson

Gayle
Cool Nipples!

Postby Gayle » Fri Oct 28, 2005 1:58 am

a little gecko named Herman

I spent a lot of time in Florida growing up and there were lizards, geccos, and all manner of creepy crawlies around. I owned two Tokei Geccos, Urzuli and Agwe. Urzuli died of a lizard disease (PetSmart was not so wise to the ways of geccos) and I set Agwe free shortly after that. I felt terrible feeding them - they ate crickets. I like crickets. A real internal conflict of interest. But I've alway had a soft spot for the lizardy types.
4 out of 3 people have difficulty with fractions.

indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby indigo_jones » Fri Oct 28, 2005 2:38 am

LAS, your doggies are adorable! They look so soft and silky!
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

LostAtSea
New arrival

Postby LostAtSea » Fri Oct 28, 2005 3:15 am

indigo_jones wrote:LAS, your doggies are adorable! They look so soft and silky!

Thanks, indigo! To be fair, they're all fluffed up for a show they were in that weekend. The youngsters were just minutes out of the show ring in that picture. They're not always that fluffy looking! But they *are* always very sweet and happy.

I'm enjoying seeing everyone's pets here. Nice thread!

Andria
Bootylicious Flygirl

Postby Andria » Mon Oct 31, 2005 12:57 am

In honor of Halloween tomorrow. A couple more of my black cat Archimedes.
Tee hee...
Image Image

I'll take your body and cover it with honey, then stick some money to the honey, now you're covered in money, honey. -FotC

Johnnyp
The One Guy

Postby Johnnyp » Mon Oct 31, 2005 2:22 am

Medes kicks a$$ !!!

Well I'm only missing one cat. Well she's not missing but I don't have a pic of her. The girlfriend and I have 8 cats and 2 dogs. Excuse me for all the pics but here goes

Chelsea-we call her the serious dog. So serene but very protective.

Jonesy-she's a talker

Pinkie. She's got very short bowed pidgeon toed rear legs. She also has one of those pouches that hang down. Watching her run from behind is guaranteed comedic relief.

Winston-Named after John Winston Lennon. Very Peacful coincedently

George-named after George Harrison. He's a hunter rebel type. He and Winston are brothers

Tabitha-Petite beautiful and fearless. A very good hunter

Two-face. He's the nomadic type can be gone for weeks at a time.

Fingers she very loving but has shall we say "indoor" issues.Two Faces sister

Finally a collection of our latest edition. Yogi he's the goofiest dog in the frickin world.
His first week with us

Playing with Ms. Serious. I was shocked when she started doing this. She never had her own puppies

He's recently broke his leg so we can't play. I'm not sure but I think he looks a little depressed.

Sleeping with his best friend

The only one missing is an older white and gray petite tabby type named Chickapea.
Last edited by Johnnyp on Mon Oct 31, 2005 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Andria
Bootylicious Flygirl

Postby Andria » Mon Oct 31, 2005 2:36 am

Awwh! Very cute pictures, JP!
Jonesy and Pinkie are especially cute. But don't let the other animals read that. I wouldn't want them to think they aren't equally adored. :wink:
I'll take your body and cover it with honey, then stick some money to the honey, now you're covered in money, honey. -FotC

indigo_jones

Postby indigo_jones » Mon Oct 31, 2005 2:58 am

Awwww!

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

Johnnyp
The One Guy

Postby Johnnyp » Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:12 pm

djdeathskiss wrote:Sherry - your cat reminds me of one of mine; this is Alice, and this is what she's normally doing:

I also have another cat- Loki, a 2 year-old orange tabby-but he's too evil to be photographed. :twisted:

Man life is tuff ain't it ??

This is Chickapea. We used to call her "the factory" due to the fact that she would get pregnant on an extremely regular basis. At times it almost seemed like she would get pregnant while she was nursing her current litter :shock: Well the vet wouldn't "fix" her while she was nursing becuse he was afraid that the nursing kittens would tear out her stitches. I could see why she got pregnat so much she's extremely sexy, don't you think? At one point in time we had 30 cats and she was the reason for about half of them. She is fixed now thank the Lord

Here's a better shot of Pinkie

A friend brought up the fact that some of our cats had mafia/mob names :lol:

Two-face
Pinkie
Jonesy
Fingers

Completely unintentional :lol:

In fact here's a pic of one of his 4 Sphynx cats.
They are frickin' hilarious. Almost more like dogs. This is Seamus

In fact here's a pretty funny website about cats. There are a lot of pages make sure you click the " more stuff on cats line" at the bottom of the page
http://www.stuffonmycat.com/

indigo_jones

Postby indigo_jones » Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:36 pm

I love the stuffonmycat website. It always amazes me, because there's no way Luna would let me do anything even remotely like that to her.

A friend of mine had two sphinx cats and one of them was huge and had a fang that stuck out. He was the most pathetically funny cat I've ever seen.

In honor of Hallowe'en, I present this picture of Luna and Edgar (Edgar isn't real, nor is he imaginary. Just stuffed.):
My pets like to pose like they're in French noir films.

Return to “Off topic rambles”