HBO Flight of the Conchords Show - Season Two - Ep 3

The place for all Conchords HBO convo
Val2150
Stop touching the monkeys

HBO Flight of the Conchords Show - Season Two - Ep 3

Postby Val2150 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:41 am

So what did everyone think? I thought it was brilliant, as usual. I just love Bret more and more every episode, he was terrific here! And Jemaine was just too darn adorable, as usual. You could tell he was totally trying not to laugh at the end when they were walking around with the painting. :lol:

Oh, and Hurt Feelings? Brilliant. I was squeeing with delight at the dancing. Well done, boys! :D :clap:
Last edited by Val2150 on Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
"You do not choose sexy. Sexy chooses you." -mohumbai mania

bibliaddict
Consistently Mediocre

Re: HBO Flight of the Conchords Show - Season Two - Ep 3

Postby bibliaddict » Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:47 am

I thought it was a little uneven - not as good as last week's, but still many LOL moments. I Got Hurt Feelings didn't click with me, but I think I'm just out of touch with the stuff they were referencing in the video. The Cool Brets dance number was a great parody.
Spandex Inspector #12

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:52 am

I admit I liked last week's episode better, but this was still chock full of belly laughs:

Doing a gig in a library, singing "Eminem is not very good, etc"

Murray saying he had several complaints about the noise, the guys complaining getting shushed, Murray suggesting they "make sounds so people can't hear you" :roll2:

Murray coming up with ridiculous rhymes - Texas/Lexus

Dissing the rappers - Murray talking about the guys dissing "Snoopy", Bret corrects him, saying Snoop Dogg, and Murray telling him, "I know he's a dog" :lol:

Hurt Feelings - We're vincible....tears of a rapper

Murray taking the ribbing of the Aussies in the elevator, his exit of the elevator :rolls: :roll2:

Mel's description of Bret's poster: "the shadowing on the crotch got out of hand"

Johnnyboy - I forget his name, but he used to be one of the voices on Jon Lovitz' cartoon, The Critic

Mr Li and the others as Jemaine gets home :roll2:

the Hurt Feelings reprise with Murray, Mel, Doug, and Greg

Stay Cool :thumb: Great number! We knew Bret and Jemaine could move well, but Rhys really did a good job dancing!!

I want screencaps of the poster with both guys on it to study the "shadowing"! :roll:
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!

opiate
Lost but happy at sea

Postby opiate » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:15 am

2 words... CAN ATTACK

Almost wet myself :oops:

WomanInThePark
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby WomanInThePark » Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:52 pm

Not as good as last weeks, no...
I loved the return of Steve, and that Jemaine had been told that he looks like a llama.
*Plans Jemaine-llama combo fanart*
Beth, did you really need to fake your death?

Spumony5000

Postby Spumony5000 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:25 pm

I thought this week's episode was great. I loved the West Side Story song "Stay Cool". The dancing was great. Hurt feelings was pretty good too but it might be the kind of song that has to grow on me. I liked it when they reprised it and everyone sang it with Jemaine dressed up like Miss New Zealand. I got a kick of them dressed up like Biz Markie too.
Do you want to borrow my jumper Bowie?

indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby indigo_jones » Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:29 pm

Not as solid as last week, but still full of lots of great little moments that more than makes up for it. As someone who used to watch The O.C., I also got a kick out of the guy who was the head of the Australian consul (or whatever his position was supposed to be), as he was on the O.C., and even funnier is the fact that he's a kiwi in real life, not an Aussie.

I also loved Dave's fall. So simple, but still so funny to see quietly in the background.
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

poptartgirl
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby poptartgirl » Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:13 pm

The actor who played Johnnyboy has been in a bunch of Wes Anderson movies. His first name is Seymour, I think.

The actor playing the head of the Australian consulate also has a role on LOST. I can't remember his name at the moment (first name Alan I think) and I'm feeling too lazy to look it up right now.
“We tell you lies, and if you laugh, they’re jokes.”

"all I wanted to say is "May I rock you ?"

onewithdog
Half a shapely halibut

Postby onewithdog » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:59 pm

I got hurt feelings :clap:

Hey Shery. HBO is cool with allowing vidoes to be put on youtube.

So here we go

Part 1.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-re8z-H1UqY

Part 2.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3YaJqAC ... re=related

And Stay Cool
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYDqCSTospY

tvldiva
Feeling much better now...

Postby tvldiva » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:19 pm

poptartgirl wrote:The actor who played Johnnyboy has been in a bunch of Wes Anderson movies. His first name is Seymour, I think.

The actor playing the head of the Australian consulate also has a role on LOST. I can't remember his name at the moment (first name Alan I think) and I'm feeling too lazy to look it up right now.

I was at the computer right after the show last night looking those two up. I knew their faces but couldn't place the names. I love that Jim Gaffigan is on next week as Murray's best friend. That should be good.

The older guy is Seymour Cassel, he's been in tons of great shows, I just looked at his list and saw he was on a couple of Batman episodes. That's the orginal TV show- not the movies.
The other guy is Alan Dale. I recognized his face but couldn't place it. I don't watch Lost, the show I recall him from is Ugly Betty. Who knew he was a Kiwi?! His American accent is pretty darn good.
Why don't you accept me as your God!?

Great H

Postby Great H » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:35 pm

Doncha love that he's a kiwi playing an Aussie insulting a kiwi! :lol:
(Watching all these youtube videos is driving me nuts to see the actual episodes!) :doh:

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:41 pm

I could watch Stay Cool all day - what a funny sendup! :thumb:

Actually all three were great. I noticed in the Hurt Feelings reprise the intro was very similar to I'm Not Crying. :tears:

Oh, I forgot to mention: Ep3 is on HBO twice tonight, at 7:30 (I think on HBO2), and again at 9:00 on one of the other HBO stations. So nice to have something to watch on a bad tv night. :nod:
Oh, fish-like Lady

Lady-like Fish

I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady

No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit

La-dy-ish! Yeah!

poptartgirl
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby poptartgirl » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:07 pm

WomanInThePark wrote:*Plans Jemaine-llama combo fanart*

:tsk: :doh:

:wink: :lol:
“We tell you lies, and if you laugh, they’re jokes.”

"all I wanted to say is "May I rock you ?"

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:28 am

Nancy Hillner wrote:I could watch Stay Cool all day - what a funny sendup! :thumb:

Actually all three were great. I noticed in the Hurt Feelings reprise the intro was very similar to I'm Not Crying. :tears:

Oh, I forgot to mention: Ep3 is on HBO twice tonight, at 7:30 (I think on HBO2), and again at 9:00 on one of the other HBO stations. So nice to have something to watch on a bad tv night. :nod:
Hate to say I don't think I laughed once. The highlight was the Bret song and dance number. I don't know if it was coz it was the first time I watched it in HD but MY LORD Bret looked thin, like scary thin. Jemaine looked massively gorgeous, particularly in the apron :P and I was happy to see his skin tone returned to normal. For real, he was distractingly good looking and oi those jeans and the bum. Anyway, thanks Nancy I'm going to watch it twice again tonight and I'm sure it'll grow on me.
90% evil
ImageImage

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:07 am

poptartgirl wrote:The actor playing the head of the Australian consulate also has a role on LOST. I can't remember his name at the moment (first name Alan I think) and I'm feeling too lazy to look it up right now.
He plays Charles Widmore.

The guy who played Johnny boy was fantastic.

Just rewatched it not in HD - my goodness, I had no idea how much different HD looks from regular TV until now.

Laughed more this time.
90% evil
ImageImage

Return to “HBO TV series”