HBO Flight of the Conchords Show - Season Two - Ep 4

The place for all Conchords HBO convo
stank
Giving the paper to the people

Re: HBO Flight of the Conchords Show - Season Two - Ep 4

Postby stank » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:49 pm

"3. Watch a DVD I've brought The World's Fastest Indian" (presents VHS tape)
"Great. Do you have it on DVD? "
"Yep..... Item 4..."

For some reason Murray just saying Yep was really funny. And I like the movie reference and how they're crying during it later. It's a good flick.

stank

Postby stank » Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:01 pm

When the guys were going to bed in the fort and Murray said that Bret was like his brother and Jemaine was like the dad. He goes "goodnight dad" and then "goodnight Graham"? or something. What's that about?

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:03 pm

He mentioned last week that he had a brother named Graham and that they were in a gang with their dad.
90% evil
ImageImage

stank

Postby stank » Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:26 pm

SheWolf wrote:He mentioned last week that he had a brother named Graham and that they were in a gang with their dad.

Man. You mean I have to remember what happens in previous episodes to get jokes? That's like work.

WomanInThePark
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby WomanInThePark » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:18 pm

SheWolf wrote:With the exception of the prostitue ep these songs, sadly, are fairly forgettable and while Mel's was cute (I guess) it felt out of place to me. I'd prefer that they keep the songs to Bret & Jemaine and quit having everyone else join in.

I feel you, man. Coz last season it was kind of like: Okay, reality is reality, and Bret and Jemaine's world is Bret and Jemaine's world. They can start singing in the middle of stuff, and that's okay, because they are Bret and Jemaine and therefore it is not other people's reality. Murray's "Leggy Blond" was okay because it was a real song that he was writing and singing in real life. But other people singing in the middle of things just makes it weird and awkward. Jemaine having to say "Pardon" after Mel's song... :eh:
I am pretty sure that was incomprehensible, but oh well...
Beth, did you really need to fake your death?

Kiwifruitloop
New arrival

Postby Kiwifruitloop » Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:12 am

Just a note on the joke about the NZ Army uniform of green shirts and shorts, this is an obvious (if hilarious) untruth.

It's actually those turkeys in the NZ Navy who go for the summer look:

deliriumtree
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby deliriumtree » Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:37 am

SheWolf wrote:I don't know that I would say it's feminist but I know what you mean. I find that kind of role reversal pro woman actually.

Ooops! I think I meant to say I didn't see "Sugalumps" as being anti-feminist instead of feminist. Used the wrong word! You seemed to get my meaning though anyways!

Woman in the Park.... I get what you are saying! Maybe? I always had this theory that Bret and Jemaine were sharing this sort of odd daydream life but in the shows reality they just play stuff like "Who likes to rock the party." (not that it's bad, it's fun!) Sort of like when I was a little girl and I had an idea of what my drawings could be but I didn't quite know how to translate what was going on in my head to paper just yet. You know they'll get there, but to me it was like watching them form an early stage of their art. Like getting a glimpse into their creative minds. Now with everybody joining in that theory is blown. I've probably been way over analyzing this though. It's probably like the theme of mystery science theater..."If you wondering if how he eats and breathes and other science facts. Just repeat to yourself it's just a show I should really just relax..."
"Hey Ya'll, I'm destroying your city!" And the Bret and Jemaine angels looked on in approval.

Spumony5000
Stop touching the monkeys

Postby Spumony5000 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:12 am

I liked this week's episode and I agree that the episodes do get funnier for me the more I watch them. Although I thought Mel's song was cute I would rather Bret and Jemaine sing the songs than have everyone get their own song. i didn't really mind Dave's rap in Sugalumps but I hope he doesn't get his own song in the future.
Do you want to borrow my jumper Bowie?

tvldiva
Feeling much better now...

Postby tvldiva » Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:01 am

Kiwifruitloop wrote:Just a note on the joke about the NZ Army uniform of green shirts and shorts, this is an obvious (if hilarious) untruth.

It's actually those turkeys in the NZ Navy who go for the summer look:

Oh, those turkeys!!
Why don't you accept me as your God!?

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:46 pm

After watching it again yesterday I remembered the line of Murray's that I liked - "If I'm not correctly mistaken." And I noticed that after he talks about drinking their own urine he offers Jemaine a drink. -LOL

I love the bit about the naked woman drawing - Jemaine recognized it right away :thumb: and Bret thought it was a monster. :lol:

And their pouts when Murray tells them to leave his office still made go awwwwww...
90% evil
ImageImage

ASmallTurnip
-- MASTER CRIMINAL -- Root Vegetable Violence a Specialty

Postby ASmallTurnip » Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:57 pm

SheWolf wrote:...And allow me to say that your boy looked particularly fetching in last week's ep. So much so that I caught myself once or twice looking at him when I should have been looking at Jemaine. :o But don't tell anyone. :wink:

I'm dragging this awesome little snippet of Wolfie's over from the Off-Topic thread.

This makes me giggle an unreasonable ammount, Wolf, because I think we've been travelling opposite directions on the seedy Path of Prurient Lust. I mean, wait, wait! I'm still loopy for the wee beardy fellow, but I was continually distracted by how gorgeous Jemaine looked in this episode. He has really good hair, you can't deny it:

But it makes me feel all weird and dirty to be having these funny unfamiliar feelings in my tummy when I look at Jemaine. I've always just had a very deep brotherly affection for the Hip-Hopopotamus, and it seems all kinds of wrong to want to, you know, pluck his guitar strings. But when his hair won't quit, neither will my disgusting, deviant libido. I am ashamed of myself, if that makes it any better.

Actually, both the lads were outrageously adorable in this episode. Seeing Bret all curled up in his fort with his legs jammed up underneath him and wearing his Petzl headlamp made me explode with happy cuteness:

And now all I want to do is go camping with the silly boys and make s'mores and bannock over the glowing coals of the fire, and tell ghost stories, and stick spiders in someone's sleeping bag, and skinny-dip in the lake, and tie really, really complicated knots and, like, whittle stuff. It'd be awesome.

I don't think it's totally beyond the realm of possibility, is it? It could happen. One day. :yawinkle:

.:: She's got two jobs. She's a pastry chef and a sniper ::.

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:03 pm

I wasn't going to go there but Jemaine was exceptionally hawt in this one and he was in the mood so it was all good. The J Dawg's fabulouso head o' hair was the first thing I noticed about him (followed by his perky bum, strong yet cuddly looking form and propensity for too tight clothing). I'm a sucker for a good head of thick, black locks :nod: What I wouldn't give to find myself in a bivouac between those 2. :waggle:

ASmallTurnip wrote: But it makes me feel all weird and dirty to be having these funny unfamiliar feelings in my tummy when I look at Jemaine. I've always just had a very deep brotherly affection for the Hip-Hopopotamus, and it seems all kinds of wrong to want to, you know, pluck his guitar strings.
I know what you mean. In real life or fantasy it's always a tad icky when you first look at a former platonic someone as an object of desire. For me though, no matter how much I can appreciate Bret's beauty I can honestly say that I have never thought of him in a sixy way. So brotherly love it is.
90% evil
ImageImage

Val2150
Stop touching the monkeys

Postby Val2150 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:12 pm

ASmallTurnip wrote:But it makes me feel all weird and dirty to be having these funny unfamiliar feelings in my tummy when I look at Jemaine. I've always just had a very deep brotherly affection for the Hip-Hopopotamus, and it seems all kinds of wrong to want to, you know, pluck his guitar strings. But when his hair won't quit, neither will my disgusting, deviant libido. I am ashamed of myself, if that makes it any better.

Ah yis, another Jemaine convert! Come on over to the dark side Turnip, you know you want to. And we have cookies. :D

But I am definitely starting to appreciate the attractiveness of the Bretster (see my new avatar), so I totally know how you feel. :)
"You do not choose sexy. Sexy chooses you." -mohumbai mania

ASmallTurnip
-- MASTER CRIMINAL -- Root Vegetable Violence a Specialty

Postby ASmallTurnip » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:24 pm

Val2150 wrote:
ASmallTurnip wrote:But it makes me feel all weird and dirty to be having these funny unfamiliar feelings in my tummy when I look at Jemaine. I've always just had a very deep brotherly affection for the Hip-Hopopotamus, and it seems all kinds of wrong to want to, you know, pluck his guitar strings. But when his hair won't quit, neither will my disgusting, deviant libido. I am ashamed of myself, if that makes it any better.

Ah yis, another Jemaine convert! Come on over to the dark side Turnip, you know you want to. And we have cookies. :D

But I am definitely starting to appreciate the attractiveness of the Bretster (see my new avatar), so I totally know how you feel. :)

I don't think it would be possible for me to convert entirely. Just not poss.

I'm far too attached to the Weedy One to even consider it. But I don't think you can really adore either one of the boys without having a major soft-spot for the other. As platonic life partners, you kinda have to take them both as they come, right? So perhaps I can happily dabble in the occasional admiration of the gorgeous features and fixtures of the J-Dog without feeling too guilty. And I LOVE your new avatar. Sexy Spy Bret on Important Phone Business really cranks my motor.

Awww, I just love 'em both. I really do. Life is so much more fun with them in it than without, isn't it? And isn't it funny how two people you've never met can make you laugh so damn much? It's a wonderful thing. :D

But Val, if there are still cookies.... :tonqe:

.:: She's got two jobs. She's a pastry chef and a sniper ::.

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:08 pm

speaking of which, I was kind of bummed to hear Jemaine call them cookies rather than biscuits in this ep but I guess he was just following Mel's lead since that's what she called them. Funny thing, whilst in England I never could get used to cookies being called biscuits, it conjures images of doggie treats. :?
90% evil
ImageImage

Return to “HBO TV series”