HBO Flight of the Conchords Show - Season Two - Ep 4

The place for all Conchords HBO convo
trefusis
Registered Rhymnecologist

Re: HBO Flight of the Conchords Show - Season Two - Ep 4

Postby trefusis » Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:26 pm

I wish I was sitting where that woman on the right is sitting.
That's the conclusion that I've come to, but...

Great H
Stop touching the monkeys

Postby Great H » Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:42 am

dandy lyons wrote:H.... wrote:
Wonder when Choir of Ex-Girlfriends will pop up.
Looks like tomorrow. http://www.insidesocal.com/tv/2009/02/f ... emain.html
Oooo... I like the sound of the biscuit misadventure! But that anti-aussie thing sounds like it might go a bit too far for funny... (Did I just say that? Really?!) Guess we'll have to wait and see, somethings work on film but not in print but I'm wary of them crossing the line from good natured ribbing (practically a national sport in both countries) to just plain offensive. Hmmm...

Amanda
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby Amanda » Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:57 am

:offtopic: question for Great H, would you as a newzealander say they're losing their kiwi accents? I don't know if they do it on purpose..you know, to be better understood by the american audience.. or they have been spending too much time in the US..but i kinda noticed that their accents sound now less kiwi and more american. definetly less kiwi than in season 1 or in EvS!!
But if you did I'd hold you tight / Into every single night
And we'd fall asleep together / And we'd wake up in the sunlight
Well, maybe I'm a dreamer / But maybe one day you'll see / That dreams are...

Val2150

Postby Val2150 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:35 am

Great H wrote:
Oooo... I like the sound of the biscuit misadventure! But that anti-aussie thing sounds like it might go a bit too far for funny... (Did I just say that? Really?!) Guess we'll have to wait and see, somethings work on film but not in print but I'm wary of them crossing the line from good natured ribbing (practically a national sport in both countries) to just plain offensive. Hmmm...

I thought so too Nancy....I think it might offend/surprise a few people......we'll see I guess.... :hrm:
"You do not choose sexy. Sexy chooses you." -mohumbai mania

PatK
Giving the paper to the people

Postby PatK » Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:00 am

SheWolf wrote:
H.... wrote: Wonder when Choir of Ex-Girlfriends will pop up. :hrm:
:whitey:

I'm giddy right now

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:16 am

Val2150 wrote:
Great H wrote:

I thought so too Nancy....I think it might offend/surprise a few people......we'll see I guess.... :hrm:

Hey Val, just to give credit where it's righfully due, that was Great H who posted that comment.

I forgot to correct a mistake I made last Sunday after watching Ep 4. I mentioned the cookies singing in Mel's plane were chin people - wrong!!! :oops:

On to Ep 5! :yay:
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!

Val2150

Postby Val2150 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:28 am

OOPS! Wow, sorry Nancy and Great H. Y'all have similar avatars so I got confused. :oops: Note to self - don't drink wine while reading the board. :lol:
"You do not choose sexy. Sexy chooses you." -mohumbai mania

VaiVedrai
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby VaiVedrai » Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:42 am

I'l be the last to comment on Ep 4 (I hadn't the time to watch it until just now). It was funny in a despairing sort of way. Murray's friendship with Jim sounds like an extended survey...which creeped me out a bit. I liked Mel's song and (implied) attack on Bret, it seemed surprisingly not out of character for her. Bret and Jemaine's slow song and elevator gig were hilarious, as was the ping-pong "table". :lol:

I felt a bit sorry for Greg at the beginning of the ep, though. "We're not friends, we're colleagues". That's a blow, a real blow. :tsk:

SheWolf wrote:The thing about making Bret apologize for something in Mel's dream felt like a bad SNL skit to me. I read that it was based on something from Friends (as opposed to something fan related) but having never watched Friends I can't vouch for that.
Oh, I remember that! The gist of that is that Phoebe is mad at Ross because he said she was boring in a dream of hers.
If you don't know the answer, change the question.

Great H

Postby Great H » Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:50 am

Amanda wrote: question for Great H, would you as a newzealander say they're losing their kiwi accents?
Hard to say Amanda - perhaps it has softened a wee bit, but you'd probably be a better judge - we can't usually hear our own accents (you'll be the same) because hearing it that way is so totally normal for us. It's only when you hear it contrasted against another accent that your own becomes obvious. I haven't particularly noticed the opposite (that they are picking up an American accent) though - except in the pronunciation of a few particular words but I thought (hoped!) that that was deliberate, keeping their largest audience in mind! But maybe, maybe... that yankee accent is sneaky y'know, it get's in! I know I had a sure-fire twang when I came back to NZ after a year wandering around over there! :lol:

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:57 pm

I detect no difference in their accents now compared with last season or with EVS. And thank goodness for that. :D
90% evil
ImageImage

Amanda

Postby Amanda » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:25 pm

SheWolf wrote:I detect no difference in their accents now compared with last season or with EVS. And thank goodness for that. :D

I needed subtitles for EVS and I've noticed the E are starting to sound more like E and less like I.. eg. Bret, Yes.. I hope I'm wrong and it's all a figment of my poor hearing.. :rolleyes:
But if you did I'd hold you tight / Into every single night
And we'd fall asleep together / And we'd wake up in the sunlight
Well, maybe I'm a dreamer / But maybe one day you'll see / That dreams are...

Great H

Postby Great H » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:01 am

Amanda wrote:needed subtitles for EVS and I've noticed the E are starting to sound more like E and less like I.. eg. Bret, Yes.. I hope I'm wrong and it's all a figment of my poor hearing..
Maybe your ear is just becoming attuned to the dulcet kiwi tones! YAY! :D

Whambi
Half a shapely halibut

Postby Whambi » Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:48 am

After finally getting around to watching this a second time I thought, what a bizarre Mel song, but then thought...it fits Mel to a T so it was perfect for her and the visuals with the Egyptian stuff were pretty labor intensive. HBO must have really upped the budget for the show this season.
I noticed with all the references in this episode to the characters of the show "Friends" that there was no mention of the name Rachel, and wasn't it in a thread somewhere here that I read that Jennifer Aniston/Rachel wanted to be in an episode of FOTC? I kept looking to see if maybe she was an extra in the background, but alas, no
If I did I'd hold you tight into every single night & we'd fall asleep together & we'd wake up in the sunlight. Well, maybe I'm a dreamer, but, maybe one day you'll see, that dreams are......
......Yeah, yeah she gets it, stop cockblocking me!

ZebraWarriorPrincess
Posing like a swan

Postby ZebraWarriorPrincess » Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:28 pm

This aired on Tuesday in the UK, I loved it - especially the bivouac, 'Friends', another Murray graph.

I just wonder what Bret and Jemaine were meant to have done in Mel's dream.
It's a psychological analogy

helgecko

Postby helgecko » Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:33 pm

Jemaine's identical "oh, ew!" reaction to both the bad thing that Bret did and the nice thing he did in Mel's dreams was awesome :lol:
It's all about the music.

Image Image Image Image

Return to “HBO TV series”