HBO Flight of the Conchords Show - Season Two - Ep 5

The place for all Conchords HBO convo
Emafer

Re: HBO Flight of the Conchords Show - Season Two - Ep 5

Postby Emafer » Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:43 am

OK, I haven't been reading this section because I haven't been catching the episodes in a timely manner and I don't want to spoil them for myself. But I just watched this episode and was dying. HILARIOUS! And now I totally want to change my screen name to EmilyNoChemestry or Medium Em hahahahahahahaha

Great H
Stop touching the monkeys

Postby Great H » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:09 am

Emafer wrote:HILARIOUS! And now I totally want to change my screen name to EmilyNoChemestry or Medium Em
Medium M, Big J, Little B? I totally must've known something when I named myself Great H! :yawinkle: :lol:

Emafer

Postby Emafer » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:48 am

Perfect!

panda
Lost but happy at sea

Postby panda » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:03 pm

I love Dave, seeing him rapping in Too Many Dicks made me so happy :D
I have a thing with Jemaine, when i see hear him sing i fall in love with him, but otherwise my attention is completely diverted by Bret, but in this episode all the attention was on Jemaine...well most of it. Loved Bret in his hostage situation, especially patting Jemaine on the head with his sandwhich - too cute :D

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:12 pm

LOL - I'm always entranced by Jemaine - so this episode was right up my alley. Though I DO have to say Bret with the sandwich was so adorable/hilarious!

And I also have to say that whenever I see "Sally Returns" when they do Business Time I always look at Bret because he looks so adorable rockin out like that!

TheFool
Half a shapely halibut

Postby TheFool » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:35 pm

kellysouthpaw wrote:P.S. I found this from the San Francisco gig last year. Jemaine messes up - very adorably, of course!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_56MlflGGLw

Ja, I was there two days before and he messed up Carol Brown like four times. He claimed that he kept losing "Confidence".
Talkin' about the thyroid

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:37 pm

TheFool wrote:
kellysouthpaw wrote:P.S. I found this from the San Francisco gig last year. Jemaine messes up - very adorably, of course!

Ja, I was there two days before and he messed up Carol Brown like four times. He claimed that he kept losing "Confidence".

Aww! Poor Jemaine :( If it was a new song for them it was probably hard to remember what order all the girls went in! *console-age for Jemaine*

Emafer

Postby Emafer » Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:40 am

panda wrote: Loved Bret in his hostage situation, especially patting Jemaine on the head with his sandwhich - too cute :D

That was hilarious "I'm not participating in this hug" blahahahaha

Emafer

Postby Emafer » Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:19 am

Oh oh and when she mad the at HORRIBLE tea and poured in milk from the ceareal bowl. That was TERRIBLE. I had this gut reaction.

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:20 pm

Just watching the "Carol Brown" segment again.

If you guys all noticed this then I'm sorry :( But I just realized this:

Jemaine's A/V guitar thing is controlling his memories, Bret's is controlling the special effects on Jemaine (growing smaller and larger, turning colors, etc)

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:52 am

TheFool wrote:

Well he must have been quite confident the first show of the tour coz he didn't mess up when I saw them. That vid has been one of my faves from the tour simply because of the awww factor of wanting to console him when he looks so thoroughly annoyed with himself. And when Bret encourages the audience to say "Go Jemaine" he says "No" pretty firmly and his body language reads embarrassed.
90% evil
ImageImage

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:25 am

I hadn't seen that version before - that was darling.
The night after you saw it, SW, Jemaine clung to the lyrics written on a legal pad - so much for being confident. :wink:
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!

Bad Atom
The "Play Whatever You Want!" Guy

Postby Bad Atom » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:19 am

As far as I'm concerned, this is the definitive version of the song. It also happens to be the one we saw live - Lucky us!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-u5tPqZBjAA

The Talking Stove
Giving the paper to the people

Postby The Talking Stove » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:38 am

Watched this again last night - noticed that Keitha's Aussie themed apartment is even painted yellow and green, awesome.

And I hadn't seen before that Bruce who turned out to be a man was one of the ex-girlfriends in the choir, singing along :D
Have you ever been told that you look like a llama?

LSully9
Getting lewd with the food

Postby LSully9 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:17 am

SheWolf wrote:Well he must have been quite confident the first show of the tour coz he didn't mess up when I saw them.

He was also pretty obviously reading the lyrics at that show too... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYhmczwe86c He's constantly checking those yellow sheets and actually stops half way through to find his place and turn the page (0:36 in this version). But I think that insecurity in himself makes me love him more. lol
Two struggling musicians, living in poverty and despair, selling their...instruments.

Return to “HBO TV series”