HBO Flight of the Conchords Show - Season Two - Ep 5

The place for all Conchords HBO convo
mohumbhai mania
Can Attack!

Re: HBO Flight of the Conchords Show - Season Two - Ep 5

Postby mohumbhai mania » Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:10 pm

Jemaine's A/V guitar thing is controlling his memories, Bret's is controlling the special effects on Jemaine (growing smaller and larger, turning colors, etc)

I didn't catch that until the 3rd time I watched it.

I loved this episode probably best of all of them this season. And Arj was great in this one!
Even my husband likes "Too Many Dicks", and he usually doesn't go for more lowbrow humor.

As I mentioned elsewhere in the Arj thread, I am looking for occasions in my everyday life to work in the phrase "skeddadle with the cattle prod.'
Too much time on too many hands - too many ladies, not enough mans

I am bike-cheese!

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:41 pm

Another one of my favorite parts of this episode is when Jemaine and Bret are in their beds and every time Jemaine says "Australian" in that scene he sounds so disgusted with himself for even saying the word. Like it is physically paining him to bring himself to say it!

:roll2:

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:58 am

LSully9 wrote:
SheWolf wrote:Well he must have been quite confident the first show of the tour coz he didn't mess up when I saw them.

He was also pretty obviously reading the lyrics at that show too... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYhmczwe86c He's constantly checking those yellow sheets and actually stops half way through to find his place and turn the page (0:36 in this version). But I think that insecurity in himself makes me love him more. lol

Oooh sully I hadn't seen that vid before. I'd forgotten how hairy they were then. Leave it to Jemaine to wear his least sexy, least Jemaine-esque shirt when we saw him. Ah well, still good stuff. And still THE defiintive version of Carol Brown IMHO and not coz I was there, Jemaine's voice is the loveliest in this key. Silly google eyed Bret. Image
90% evil
ImageImage

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:02 am

SheWolf wrote:
LSully9 wrote:
SheWolf wrote:Well he must have been quite confident the first show of the tour coz he didn't mess up when I saw them.

He was also pretty obviously reading the lyrics at that show too... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYhmczwe86c He's constantly checking those yellow sheets and actually stops half way through to find his place and turn the page (0:36 in this version). But I think that insecurity in himself makes me love him more. lol

Oooh sully I hadn't seen that vid before. I'd forgotten how hairy they were then. Leave it to Jemaine to wear his least sexy, least Jemaine-esque shirt when we saw him. Ah well, still good stuff. And still THE defiintive version of Carol Brown IMHO and not coz I was there, Jemaine's voice is the loveliest in this key. Silly google eyed Bret. Image

I have this version on my iPod - I agree - it is the definitive version IMO

Bad Atom
The "Play Whatever You Want!" Guy

Postby Bad Atom » Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:29 am

It took me a few weeks, but "Too Many Dicks" finally clicked with my funny bone. It still doesn't make up for what they did to "Carol Brown"...

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:45 pm

kellysouthpaw wrote:Another one of my favorite parts of this episode is when Jemaine and Bret are in their beds and every time Jemaine says "Australian" in that scene he sounds so disgusted with himself for even saying the word. Like it is physically paining him to bring himself to say it!

:roll2:
I think it's interesting how he says AustralEEEa instead of AustralYYa.
90% evil
ImageImage

Amanda
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby Amanda » Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:22 am

Had anyone noticed Jemaine's got red ropes around his wrists when he wakes up in Kevina's room..but then they magically disappear? Looks like our Australian friend was a lot kinkier than we'd tought.

bscap0001.jpg
But if you did I'd hold you tight / Into every single night
And we'd fall asleep together / And we'd wake up in the sunlight
Well, maybe I'm a dreamer / But maybe one day you'll see / That dreams are...

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:47 am

I just wanted to share this with somebody - but today I went to my Dreamy PoliSci Professor's office hours to talk to him about the paper I'm writing for the International Relations class I have him for. Anyway, conversations turned to FOTC (as they normally do), and he doesn't have HBO so he hasn't seen any of S2 yet, and so I said, "Just WAIT til you see the one...where Jemaine *finger quotes* "accidentally" sleeps with an Australian."

His eyes did this :shock: then he did this :lol: and then I did this :drool:

He said, "Oh man, how could he? Doesn't Jemaine know what this would do!?" and I said, "You don't even know. YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW." but then I did this :silence: because there was no way I was going to ruin such a classic episode for him.

CailenBraern
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby CailenBraern » Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:40 pm

I'm pretty sure there's been an edit on the BBC4 screening of this ep. Notably in the Too Many Dicks song, which now has the ending that was in the live performances. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpzmjeCOJdY

As a lover...I was seriously inexperienced.

Faith
A pastry chef and a sniper

Postby Faith » Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:20 pm

CailenBraern wrote:I'm pretty sure there's been an edit on the BBC4 screening of this ep. Notably in the Too Many Dicks song, which now has the ending that was in the live performances. :D

I can't watch it. Guess I'm in the wrong country. Oh well.

CailenBraern
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby CailenBraern » Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:30 am

Meep. Silly BBC.

As a lover...I was seriously inexperienced.

dangerous person

Postby dangerous person » Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:20 am

arghhh too much work to say much on this episode but I loved it and laughed out loud so many times! The ending with Bret taped to the door was priceless, I am now trying very hard not to tell Mr DP about it as he missed it last night but we'll be watching again on Friday. Can't wait, so much happening in this ep., and the songs were great :D
I'm so glad I avoided the spoilers...
"We're a novelty music act, we're not a freak show"

Amanda

Postby Amanda » Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:46 am

WELCOME BACK, DP!! :yay:

..this is my favourite episode :D
But if you did I'd hold you tight / Into every single night
And we'd fall asleep together / And we'd wake up in the sunlight
Well, maybe I'm a dreamer / But maybe one day you'll see / That dreams are...

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:55 am

DP!!!! :bighug:

So you folks are up to Ep 5? There really is way too much to grasp with only one viewing. That's why I liked having them on HBO - On Demand had them available anytime to rewatch again and again.

Enjoy, and give us your feedback on the other episodes when you can. Good to hear from you again! :nod:
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:50 am

CailenBraern wrote:I'm pretty sure there's been an edit on the BBC4 screening of this ep. Notably in the Too Many Dicks song, which now has the ending that was in the live performances. :D

Yeah it is. The BBC put it up on YouTube last week and I noticed that the song in general and in particular the ending, sound slightly different so I showed it to someone else who has seen the US version and she agreed. The new ending now matches the way Bret's mouth moves whilst his head is in the speaker at the end though :)
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

Return to “HBO TV series”