HBO Flight of the Conchords Show - Season Two - Ep 3

The place for all Conchords HBO convo
ufotofu
Lost but happy at sea

Re: HBO Flight of the Conchords Show - Season Two - Ep 3

Postby ufotofu » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:29 pm

It's amazing (or maybe depressing) how much I miss on first viewings, but just as entertaining when I do discover something I didn't notice earlier. I'll be at the Motown show next month, too, with a gaggle of coworkers who are also mostly recent converts to FotCmania.

Good on ya
Would you like to see my stimulus package??

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:42 pm

ufotofu wrote:It's amazing (or maybe depressing) how much I miss on first viewings, but just as entertaining when I do discover something I didn't notice earlier. I'll be at the Motown show next month, too, with a gaggle of coworkers who are also mostly recent converts to FotCmania.

Good on ya

You're going to be at the Detroit show too? Which one? Where at?

ufotofu
Lost but happy at sea

Postby ufotofu » Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:29 am

I'll be at the 8 PM show, section F5, row M, seats 501-508. Not great seat, but just glad I got some. I wonder what the Bro:Ho ratio will be at the show :lol:

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:35 am

LOL - my concert partner might be bailing on me, so if you want to ditch your gaggle of coworker friends and join me up on the orchestra pit that's fine with me :) Depends on how attached you are to them I guess...

ufotofu
Lost but happy at sea

Postby ufotofu » Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:29 pm

I can't believe someone would actually pass up on a chance to see the concert. Must not be a Mel :lol: .

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:07 pm

ufotofu wrote:I can't believe someone would actually pass up on a chance to see the concert. Must not be a Mel :lol: .

He has never heard or seen FOTC, so he truly doesn't know what he'll be missing. However he may still be going but ufotofu I have a couple extra seats to the 11 pm show in the orchestra pit if you are interested :)

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:17 pm

Would this guy happened to be called Steve? Bloody Steve!
90% evil
ImageImage

ufotofu
Lost but happy at sea

Postby ufotofu » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:11 pm

kellysouthpaw wrote:He has never heard or seen FOTC, so he truly doesn't know what he'll be missing. However he may still be going but ufotofu I have a couple extra seats to the 11 pm show in the orchestra pit if you are interested :)

Thanks for the offer, Lefty. I'd be tempted but I have to leave for the airport early the next morning. The Frau is already peeved enough with me for going to the 8 PM concert. It would be a shame for the tickets to go to waste, but if you'd like I can try to round up some people who were unable to get some tics. Otherwise, maybe you can bring some shopping bags :P

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:38 pm

SheWolf wrote:Would this guy happened to be called Steve? Bloody Steve!

This would be Steve.

Bloody Steve indeed. Blowing off FOTC and Kelly for some lame roadtrip.

You can drive any day, FOTC doesn't come to Michigan often!

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:40 pm

ufotofu wrote:
kellysouthpaw wrote:He has never heard or seen FOTC, so he truly doesn't know what he'll be missing. However he may still be going but ufotofu I have a couple extra seats to the 11 pm show in the orchestra pit if you are interested :)

Thanks for the offer, Lefty. I'd be tempted but I have to leave for the airport early the next morning. The Frau is already peeved enough with me for going to the 8 PM concert. It would be a shame for the tickets to go to waste, but if you'd like I can try to round up some people who were unable to get some tics. Otherwise, maybe you can bring some shopping bags :P

The Frau? Is this some slang for "Fraternity" or something? I'm so dense with slang...

I will either sell them to someone on this site, or sell them on ebay or craigslist. I'm sure I'll be able to get rid of them somehow, but I want to give first dibs to people I know (Dreamy PoliSci Professor, fellow boardie, etc).

Offer for taking my extra 8 pm ticket still stands if you're interested and Steve still bails...

ufotofu
Lost but happy at sea

Postby ufotofu » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:13 pm

That is German for my spousal unit. Good luck with Dr. Dreamy :D, but if you get stuck I can probably find someone who would be happy to unload the ticket(s) from you. I'll have to be sure they're true fans.

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:09 am

Definitely, let me know!

ufotofu
Lost but happy at sea

Postby ufotofu » Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:09 pm

Val2150 wrote:Watched it again last night... I lost it when he kicked that little kid. :lol:
But then immediately apologized to him. :bounce:

Deirdre
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby Deirdre » Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:53 am

I just rewatched this episode because I didn't remember liking it the first time. I am finding that if I rewatch them, I like the episodes much better. Anyway...

This was a great episode! I just wanted to say that. :D And "Hurt Feelings" is a great song, now that I've actually listened to all the lyrics closely. I think the music video was shot very artfully, too.

Plus, so much funny and clever stuff. Like the Seinfeld episodes had so many things in each episodes. This one packed it in. Plus The Tough Bret's dancing, and the choreography was so excellent.

I think they should submit this one for the awards this year!!!!!

Baguette
Giving the paper to the people

Postby Baguette » Thu May 28, 2009 11:44 am

This episode was also a lot more musical than other episodes but I'm not sure whether I like that or not...
You're so beautiful...

Return to “HBO TV series”