HBO Flight of the Conchords Show - Season Two- Ep 9

The place for all Conchords HBO convo
ASmallTurnip
-- MASTER CRIMINAL -- Root Vegetable Violence a Specialty

Re: HBO Flight of the Conchords Show - Season Two- Ep 9

Postby ASmallTurnip » Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:44 pm

indigo_jones wrote:Now I understand the honey references this morning, Neepje!

I knew I loved honey for a good reason ...

That's my girl! Happy Honey Day!

I'm making honey-mustard chicken for dinner tonight, too! It just seems like the right thing to do to commemorate Bret getting his kit off. And I wish we could buy those little cheese goldfish crackers over here in the UK. Those would be good to nibble on today, wouldn't they? Have to make do with salted nuts, I suppose. :halo:

Can you tell I haven't had lunch yet? Must go stare into the fridge.

.:: She's got two jobs. She's a pastry chef and a sniper ::.

indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby indigo_jones » Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:35 pm

We're having pork chops tonight, but I might make them honey-mustard pork chops! Any excuse for extra honey!
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

LSully9
Getting lewd with the food

Postby LSully9 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:58 pm

ASmallTurnip wrote:
indigo_jones wrote:Now I understand the honey references this morning, Neepje!

I knew I loved honey for a good reason ...

That's my girl! Happy Honey Day!

I'm making honey-mustard chicken for dinner tonight, too! It just seems like the right thing to do to commemorate Bret getting his kit off. And I wish we could buy those little cheese goldfish crackers over here in the UK. Those would be good to nibble on today, wouldn't they? Have to make do with salted nuts, I suppose. :halo:

Can you tell I haven't had lunch yet? Must go stare into the fridge.

That's a good theme for today! Hmmm... I shall have to get something honey-flavoured for lunch... but I'm not all that creative so I'm thinking probably a salad with honey mustard dressing. But now that you mentioned it and got me craving them, goldfish crackers will definately be on my lunch menu.
Two struggling musicians, living in poverty and despair, selling their...instruments.

MissBoo
Lost but happy at sea

Postby MissBoo » Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:22 pm

I only saw the first part of the episode (up to the "mugging"), but after hearing talk of "shirtless" and "honey", and I'm so catching the rest of it tonight. Youwsa!

The scene with Bret in the Petland, and Jemaine and Dave in the car made me laugh.out.loud. Bret looked so funny with the vest, kilt, socks and shoes! It did make me think that I'll never, ever go out in a skirt without shaving my legs though.

Bret also made me laugh after the mugging when he kept saying "it's a good thing I was here".

Jemaine also looked like he was just having too much fun in the garbage bin.

I don't really have a preference for either him or Jemaine (I like them both), but when I do watch the show, I will frequently remark out loud that Bret is just adorable.

tvldiva
Feeling much better now...

Postby tvldiva » Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:35 pm

ASmallTurnip wrote:I can't actually talk about how much I love this episode yet. I've just been running around all morning with a ridiculous grinny face on. Oh, and eating toast with honey for breakfast. It's still too absurdly funny and loveable for me to too talk about, and really, all I can think about are Bret's hilarious honeyed nipples. So for now, I will practice superb psychological avoidance techniques and post this innocuous screencap:

Yes folks, that's a kiwi on the chalk-board. A KIWI! Image

Don't think about nipples don't think about nipples don't think about nipples.

NIPPLES DRIPPING IN HONEY!!!!
:wink: You know someone had to go there, right!?!
Why don't you accept me as your God!?

trefusis
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby trefusis » Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:40 pm

ASmallTurnip wrote:...really, all I can think about are Bret's hilarious honeyed nipples.

I've been religiously avoiding watching any of S2 until it comes to the UK but, after reading the above, decided to juuuust quickly check out the Freaky video...

My OH walked into the room and my phone rang, simultaneously, just as he got going with the honey. :shock: :shock: :shock: I've just kicked a cup of tea all over the bed.
That's the conclusion that I've come to, but...

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:45 pm

Haha, this episode will definitely please all the Breterosexuals out there! Bret covered in honey and money?...oh my! I just finished watching it and I know 'Freaky' is going to be stuck in my head for ages! Good to see the return of the guy from ep3 of the first season and the fact that Bret got something like 63 goldfish from that Petland place was hilarious and the way he struggled to approach the girl was so cute! The song at the beginning was sweet as well and I loved Jemaine's little comments in between Bret singing :)

Can't believe it's going to be the last episode next week :(
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:49 pm

I liked seeing John too (he was in a few Sopranos eps and I liked him there as well) They left him in jail right?

Anyone know who played Bret's GF? She looked familiar. Loved her dress during the Freaky vid.
90% evil
ImageImage

The Talking Stove
Giving the paper to the people

Postby The Talking Stove » Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:50 pm

Ohh I loved this episode :)

The "cheap zoo", Mel's stalking lessons ("Bret, I think she has man's feet...man feet, Bret..."), John the Mugger, Furious Greg, "chicken torso", the meeting room with big picture of the Queen, Jemaine's sobs, peanut butter sushi or jam sushi?, "New Zealand: Worth A Go"....ah I'm happy :)
Have you ever been told that you look like a llama?

Spumony5000
Stop touching the monkeys

Postby Spumony5000 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:56 pm

Loved the episode. I was glad to see John the mugger again. When they said they were going to pretend to mug them it reminded me of an episode of Curb your enthusiasm. I must admit that I miss the live version of I told you I was Freaky,but I liked Jemaine's rap at the end and the video was awesome. Bret covered in honey and money!!! :thud: :prayer: Even still I really liked Bret's song in the beginning and I hope they put it on their album. If not I will make do with my home made mp3's. Someone else mentioned it and I thought the same thing that it kind of reminded me of Piano Man a little bit.

I thought Jemaine looked super cute in the knit hat. If anyone has a picture I would greatly appreciate it. I can't believe we are at the end already. It makes me sad.
Do you want to borrow my jumper Bowie?

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:12 pm

I was just reliving the mugging scene, I love Jemaine's reaction to being maced and at the end the way he says to the police "It was us" :lol:. Bret's so cute, "I just love fish, you love fish?" and it was hilarious when he tries to pull John off Savannah's bag "Leave her alone" :lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EF0uts97o34
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

WomanInThePark

Postby WomanInThePark » Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:22 pm

Do Bret and Jem share underpants?!!! Do they shop at the same underwear store?
Beth, did you really need to fake your death?

ASmallTurnip

Postby ASmallTurnip » Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:39 pm

Spumony5000 wrote:I thought Jemaine looked super cute in the knit hat. If anyone has a picture I would greatly appreciate it.

Like this, Spumony?

Let me know if there's a specific moment that you'd like, and I'll clip away, baby! He's awfully cute! :D

WomanInThePark

Postby WomanInThePark » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:03 pm

What about Hamburgular Jemmy?
Thank you forever AST.
Beth, did you really need to fake your death?

ASmallTurnip

Postby ASmallTurnip » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:13 pm

WomanInThePark wrote:What about Hamburgular Jemmy?
Thank you forever AST.

My dear girl, I think we know each other well enough. Call me Turnip. We're on first vegetable names around here, dontcha know. :yawinkle:

Is that right? I can do other bits if you'd like them. Just sing out. Good onya!

Return to “HBO TV series”