April 7- Coral Gables, FL

The place where all the 2009 North American Tour is now living. Gig threads, pre and post gig threads, meet and greets, the works. All found here.
ASmallTurnip
-- MASTER CRIMINAL -- Root Vegetable Violence a Specialty

Re: April 7- Coral Gables, FL

Postby ASmallTurnip » Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:19 pm

Venus wrote:Ooh yes I would like some kind of merchandise from a concert! You have no idea how much I'd appreciate that, thanks so much Turnip! I'm willing to pay whatever but if anyone has any idea of roughly what the merchandise costs I'd be very grateful. When are you going to see them? I'll have to decide what exactly I want and get back to you :D

Oh, no problem! I'm seeing them in Toronto on the 21st and 22nd of April. I'd be more than happy to pick up anything you'd like, my friend! :D I'll PM you my email, and you can let me know whenever you like.

.:: She's got two jobs. She's a pastry chef and a sniper ::.

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:55 am

ASmallTurnip wrote:
Venus wrote:Ooh yes I would like some kind of merchandise from a concert! You have no idea how much I'd appreciate that, thanks so much Turnip! I'm willing to pay whatever but if anyone has any idea of roughly what the merchandise costs I'd be very grateful. When are you going to see them? I'll have to decide what exactly I want and get back to you :D

Oh, no problem! I'm seeing them in Toronto on the 21st and 22nd of April. I'd be more than happy to pick up anything you'd like, my friend! :D I'll PM you my email, and you can let me know whenever you like.

:prayer: You're the best, thanks again! :D
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

ardy
Redheads not warheads

Postby ardy » Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:16 am

ok...after seeing this video.....i'm almost speechless....almost....i was thinking this could be a most unforgettable experience for my two daughters. but since the reviews, videos and pictures have been coming in, i'm pretty sure they're going to remember the detroit show for the rest of their lives. which is all i've ever wanted for them...they're such huge fans of J & B....

*tears up...happy tears*
...Detroit - City of Tomorrow...

take this sinking boat and point it home..we've still got time...

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:20 am

Just putting it out there that if anyone across the pond wants me to pick something up for them I will do it for them as well :) I'll be at the 4/24 Detroit gig...so...right after Turnip's show ;) And hopefully the guys will be refreshed from their almost 2 days off between the Toronto and Detroit shows to be peppy and do lots of dancing with the audience members :nod:

And by audience members, I mean: ME ;)

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:41 am

I could lose it if that actually happens...... :worry: :tonqe: :oops:
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

Spumony5000
Stop touching the monkeys

Postby Spumony5000 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:35 am

ardy wrote:

ok...after seeing this video.....i'm almost speechless....almost....i was thinking this could be a most unforgettable experience for my two daughters. but since the reviews, videos and pictures have been coming in, i'm pretty sure they're going to remember the detroit show for the rest of their lives. which is all i've ever wanted for them...they're such huge fans of J & B....

*tears up...happy tears*

I was trying to be good and not look at the videos but I couldn't resist. What lucky girls! :thud:
Do you want to borrow my jumper Bowie?

The Talking Stove
Giving the paper to the people

Postby The Talking Stove » Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:15 am

ASmallTurnip wrote:

Oo! Can I get in on the export of Conchordian paraphernalia to the UK, please? :D

Also, thanks for collecting all the reviews and vids Venus, they're going to help keep me amused over the bank holiday weekend!
Have you ever been told that you look like a llama?

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:26 pm

I've watched this 5 times in a row and I'm still laughing. Something about them dancing with robots heads just sends me over the edge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VO0CYpwdW6s
90% evil
ImageImage

WomanInThePark
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby WomanInThePark » Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:41 pm

:roll2:
I had been resisting watching concert videos, but... that is amazing.
Beth, did you really need to fake your death?

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:46 pm

It's glorious!
90% evil
ImageImage

Venus

Postby Venus » Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:59 pm

No worries Talking Stove :)

And yes I can't get enough of watching the Too Many Dicks performances too SheWolf! Love the way Bret keeps on repeating 'dicks' :lol:. I enjoyed the Orlando performance because they're dancing more and I found it quite cute and funny the way Bret's robot head fell off towards the end :lol: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZjkUzYeuUg
&

Venus

Postby Venus » Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:08 pm

More pics:

&

Venus

Postby Venus » Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:47 pm

A girl asked a few questions after the Miami performance. Really appreciate the info about a possible UK tour :D
Flight of the Conchords rocked Miami!

Bret Mckenzie and Jemaine Clement are even more amazing in person than I could ever have imagined. I attended their Miami show on Tuesday and had the wonderful opportunity to chat with them and their opening act Kristen Schaal who plays Mel on the HBO hit Flight of the Conchords after the show.

I started laughing when they came out in their robot costumes and sang Too Many Dicks on the Dance Floor and I did not finish laughing until their encore finished. The entire crowd was mesmerized by their style of laid back comedy and frequent “band meetings.” They would glance at a set-list on the floor but when you have a packed room screaming “Bowie!” what could they do but oblige.

After the show I had the pleasure of chatting with the boys a bit. One of the most surreal situations for me. Is it possible that Bret and Jemaine have no clue how famous they are? My first glimpse of Bret was before the show when he was unloading his own equipment!

So I managed to ask the boys a few important questions that I know many of you will want to know the answers to. Firstly I asked whether or not there would be another season of the Flight of the Conchords. After seeing the ending of Season 2 I was pretty sure there would not be. But Jemaine assured me that they simply have not decided yet. He asked whether I was happy with the way the second season ended and I assured him that I felt they did the show justice with the ending though I’d love to see many more seasons!

Secondly I asked on behalf of all my friends in the U.K., when they’d be performing for them. Bret told me this year will be quite busy for the boys, this being their first tour in the United States. But he promised they are working on getting over to U.K. sometime in the next year.

Lastly I congradulated Jemaine on the birth of his son and his recent marriage. I found it so touching the way he spoke of his son. I asked him to prounounce his name for me and he proudly said “Sophocles.” I’m sure he is an amazing dad!

I also spoke to Kristen Schaal who plays Mel and I have to say her opening act was hilarious! Meeting her I instantly wanted her to be my friend. I told her how happy so many fans were that Mel, Dave, and of course Murray had bigger parts this season. She said it was great fun being able to sing with the guys.

If you are not yet a fan of the Flight of the Conchords you are definitely missing out.

Check out their performance of “Business Time,” one of the most requested songs of the evening!

Source

:D
&

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:38 am

Clip of backstage with the guys after the show

Jemaine and Bret action for you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMYP-Q1IVLY

From there is a clip of Bret after wrap back in Dec. No sound.

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:47 am

:heart: Jemaine's laugh

It's my favorite :)

Return to “2009 Tour Archives”