April 10 - Nashville, TN

The place where all the 2009 North American Tour is now living. Gig threads, pre and post gig threads, meet and greets, the works. All found here.
Carol
Registered Rhymnecologist

Re: April 10 - Nashville, TN

Postby Carol » Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:59 pm

Jemaine and I

My daughter gave me this as an Easter gift--along with a pic from the show and the one of Bret and myself. The reason this one is posted is because she ended up with an extra. The others she had already put into a frame. Isn't she a nice daughter? I love her!

SW- he may need to shave before Philly if you don't want that stubble to turn beard-ish. Ain't he a gem? (no pun intended! :roll: )

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:52 pm

^ That's a really nice picture, Carol! Definitely a great Easter present :D

I've really enjoyed reading your accounts. Keep 'em coming if you do have any more but you've already given us a brilliant insight into your night :)
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

Carol Brown
Giving the paper to the people

Postby Carol Brown » Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:53 pm

Carol- I don't think I've ever seen him smile like that in a fan photo. There's just an all-'round sunny feeling to both of you... What a beautiful photograph ( and what a lovely daughter to have framed the others for you )! : )
Would you like a little cereal ?

Megan Brown
New arrival

Postby Megan Brown » Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:38 pm

It was a REALLY awesome show, and I'm SO glad that my friend and I waited outside the venue for 2 hours. It was worth being cold and dealing with the crazy drunken people who came out of the bars in the alley. Unfortunately, my friend's camera batteries died right when the guys came out and we started trying to take pictures with them. Most of these are pictures that she took with her phone after the batteries died. They're dark, but I think they look pretty good. The really clear looking ones were taken by a couple of really nice girls that we met, Alexx and Bailee. I was so glad they were nice enough to take some pictures for us and get our contact info!

My friend and I are both named Megan, and someone took a picture of us with Bret in between in a sort of "Megan/Bret" sandwich, but we didn't get their contact info so we may never see those. If you got any photos of a tall blond girl in a yellow jacket (me) or a girl with dark curly hair with a black jacket with silver stars on it, please post them! We will be eternally grateful!

I'll post about my little experience later.

Here are a few pictures.

jemaine.jpg

bret2.jpg

jemaine2.jpg
Last edited by Megan Brown on Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Megan Brown
New arrival

Postby Megan Brown » Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:39 pm

More

Megan Brown
New arrival

Postby Megan Brown » Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:41 pm

More

jemaine3.jpg

jemaine4.jpg

poster.jpg

Megan Brown
New arrival

Postby Megan Brown » Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:47 pm

:D Yay.

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:38 pm

Carol- that is a lovely pic! Now that is truly something to treasure- you'll look at that and always smile. A very nice gift!

Now you just need to take some pics of the pics in the frames- and post them, too! :D

Megan- great pics also! Look how close and huggy you gusy were- that had to be exciting!

These 2 guys are just so special. Over and over they give of their time and get right in there with their fans and mingle. :clap: :prayer: I've said it before- they do not have to do that....they could just take off and get a bite to eat/drink or call their families but nope. They share with the fans. So many other actors/comedians/musicians couldn't be bothered. Major kudos and positive karma to Jemaine and Bret. They're the best and I can't wait to meet them!
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

Venus

Postby Venus » Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:57 am

LauraK wrote:Carol- that is a lovely pic! Now that is truly something to treasure- you'll look at that and always smile. A very nice gift!

Now you just need to take some pics of the pics in the frames- and post them, too! :D

Megan- great pics also! Look how close and huggy you gusy were- that had to be exciting!

These 2 guys are just so special. Over and over they give of their time and get right in there with their fans and mingle. :clap: :prayer: I've said it before- they do not have to do that....they could just take off and get a bite to eat/drink or call their families but nope. They share with the fans. So many other actors/comedians/musicians couldn't be bothered. Major kudos and positive karma to Jemaine and Bret. They're the best and I can't wait to meet them!

Too right! I love the fact that they give up a lot of their time for their fans.

Thanks for sharing your experience and pics Megan! They came out great :D
&

Austin
Giving the paper to the people

Postby Austin » Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:08 am

These meet & greet pics were great! I'll probably get my autograph fix by sending a SASE to a venue somewhere down the line and hopefully the guys will oblige.

The show was just so awesome, that it's hard to remember some of my mishaps , especially the t-shirt which I am still sore over, but at least my fridge is adorned with FotC magnets!
They call it a fly because it takes you up to Heaven

I lurk left.... a lot.

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:00 am

MAGNETS!? They're selling magnets?? YES! I am a magnet whore! I love to get one for every place I go so this is great to hear! :)

Austin, that's a great idea on the SASE autograph request. What do you have to lose, other than a buck? :)
except for the fact that loads of us are going to steal your idea and do the same..... :oops:

I knew you'd lost your t-shirt but don't remember whether you told how....was it over your arm and then just gone? I think when you send the autograph request, you need to pen a quick note telling about your tshirt loss.
ImageImage

Venus

Postby Venus » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:19 am

Just found this link for an account of the show with lots of photos and audio clips. Megan, I think this is one of the girls you met at the show :) :

http://lordstarfish.livejournal.com/158329.html?#cutid1
&

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:52 am

Ok, I've seen them (magnets) but someone said they were stickers- cool! :)

Wow- that was an awesome read- I still have some clips to look at but she did a great job on her account, too! I'm loving reading all of these.

Just cements how wonderful B&J are.
ImageImage

Carol
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby Carol » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:45 pm

This is really late in coming, but this is the pic from our paper on Apr. 9. I suppose it's just a "stock" photo as Jemaine's sideburns are long.

Venus~ Thank you so much for posting that link. I was finding myself forgetting so much about the show here--you've just made my day!
I even saw the back of my daughter's head in one of the shots inside the theater. And I remember seeing a lot of those people at the meet and greet. Nice memories. :)

Venus

Postby Venus » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:58 pm

No worries Carol! It's wonderful that people are posting lots of articles, pictures, videos, audio clips etc so everyone can preserve their memories of the show :)
Thanks for sharing the newspaper clipping :)
&

Return to “2009 Tour Archives”