May 10th Show In Vancouver!!

The place where all the 2009 North American Tour is now living. Gig threads, pre and post gig threads, meet and greets, the works. All found here.
the_thriller
New arrival

May 10th Show In Vancouver!!

Postby the_thriller » Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:21 pm

Hey, just wondering who else is going to the show in Vancouver. The only western Canadian show! I'm excited that they are actually coming anywhere near me (8hour drive away). Maybe some of us fans can have some fun afterwards?

monsterinlove
New arrival

Re: May 10th Show In Vancouver!!

Postby monsterinlove » Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:42 am

Yeah I'm going there, and I'm excited beyond belief! I'm so happy they're coming to Canada, I'm flying out there from Edmonton, how about you? I really hope they do meet and greet afterwards!
"You love the talking stove!
'Aww let's make a cake!"

dandy lyons
Consistently Mediocre

Postby dandy lyons » Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:02 am

I'll be there! :boogie:
Gar·funk·ling (verb) Funky cuddling with the candles twinkling.

ASmallTurnip
-- MASTER CRIMINAL -- Root Vegetable Violence a Specialty

Postby ASmallTurnip » Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:09 am

I'm so damn happy for Canadian Conchordians! I mean, if New Zealand IS the Canada of the South Pacific, then it's only right that the boys show a little Kiwi love for the Great White North.

Also? I have the worst mutha'ucking craving for a large double-double and some sour-cream glazed Timbits. I love being home in London, but I MISS my Timmies. And now I'm wondering what kind of donuts the boys will go for when they're in Canuckistan. I see Bret as honey cruller kind of guy. Jemaine? Jemaine is tougher. Maybe pink glazed with sprinkles. He does like to surprise people, after all. :D

What's the concert venue like in Vancouver? Has anyone been there before? Have you, Dandy?

.:: She's got two jobs. She's a pastry chef and a sniper ::.

the_thriller
New arrival

Postby the_thriller » Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:33 am

monsterinlove wrote:Yeah I'm going there, and I'm excited beyond belief! I'm so happy they're coming to Canada, I'm flying out there from Edmonton, how about you? I really hope they do meet and greet afterwards!

I'm coming down from Prince George. Not sure if I'm flying or driving yet. It depends on time constraints and money I suppose.

dandy lyons
Consistently Mediocre

Postby dandy lyons » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:36 am

ASmallTurnip wrote:I'm so damn happy for Canadian Conchordians! I mean, if New Zealand IS the Canada of the South Pacific, then it's only right that the boys show a little Kiwi love for the Great White North.

Also? I have the worst mutha'ucking craving for a large double-double and some sour-cream glazed Timbits. I love being home in London, but I MISS my Timmies. And now I'm wondering what kind of donuts the boys will go for when they're in Canuckistan. I see Bret as honey cruller kind of guy. Jemaine? Jemaine is tougher. Maybe pink glazed with sprinkles. He does like to surprise people, after all. :D

What's the concert venue like in Vancouver? Has anyone been there before? Have you, Dandy?

Yay!! I'm so happy too, Turnip! I almost died when I found out they were coming to my city! Canada gets some Conchord lovin' again! :heart:

Eeep! :shock:

The show is at The Centre for Performing Arts http://www.centreinvancouver.com/
It's a really nice venue... Quite new (built in 1995 I think?) There are 1836 seats on three levels. I've seen a few shows there before. I'm so flippin' excited to see them in a proper concert! :bounce:

BTW - I can totally see Jemaine as a pink glazed with sprinkles kinda guy. ;)

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:01 pm

Be great if you can work something out to meet up and make an evening of it :)

Welcome to the forum, hope you stick around for a bit :)

monsterinlove
New arrival

Postby monsterinlove » Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:21 am

haha! Conchords and timbits, what more could anyone ask for!
'Aww let's make a cake!"

the_thriller
New arrival

Postby the_thriller » Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:00 am

dandy lyons wrote:
ASmallTurnip wrote:I'm so damn happy for Canadian Conchordians! I mean, if New Zealand IS the Canada of the South Pacific, then it's only right that the boys show a little Kiwi love for the Great White North.

Yay!! I'm so happy too, Turnip! I almost died when I found out they were coming to my city! Canada gets some Conchord lovin' again! :heart:

Eeep! :shock:

The show is at The Centre for Performing Arts http://www.centreinvancouver.com/
It's a really nice venue... Quite new (built in 1995 I think?) There are 1836 seats on three levels. I've seen a few shows there before. I'm so flippin' excited to see them in a proper concert! :bounce:

BTW - I can totally see Jemaine as a pink glazed with sprinkles kinda guy. ;)

So how is the view from around the area where the balcony's start? I looked at a lot of pictures of the venue and it does look really gorgeous.

Sherry wrote:Be great if you can work something out to meet up and make an evening of it :)

Welcome to the forum, hope you stick around for a bit :)

Thanks, I had an account before, but I've no idea what happened to it. OH WELL! I've been coming to the site for quite a while, though. I'm a lurker.

dandy lyons
Consistently Mediocre

Postby dandy lyons » Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:40 am

the_thriller wrote:So how is the view from around the area where the balcony's start? I looked at a lot of pictures of the venue and it does look really gorgeous.

The venue is fairly small, so I reckon it's a decent view from mid-orchestra. Sorry I can't be more helpful - the furthest back from the stage I've been there is row K.
The venue is gorgeous though... the lobby is amazing! :)

Dragonflie
New arrival

Postby Dragonflie » Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:35 pm

I'll be there too! I'm coming in from Edmonton too (monsterinlove) and I'm super excited. I got really lucky and was able to get front row seats!

dandy lyons
Consistently Mediocre

Postby dandy lyons » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:39 am

Dragonflie wrote:I'll be there too! I'm coming in from Edmonton too (monsterinlove) and I'm super excited. I got really lucky and was able to get front row seats!
I'm in the front row too. See you there! ;)

monsterinlove
New arrival

Postby monsterinlove » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:21 am

You lucky guys in the front row. I'd kill for those seats, I'm at the back of the dress circle, because of a ticket buying mishap. But I'm just so lucky to be able to go. The date is approaching, I'm starting to get really excited! :D :D :D
'Aww let's make a cake!"

dandy lyons
Consistently Mediocre

Postby dandy lyons » Tue May 05, 2009 4:56 am

Less than a week now!

So stoked! :D

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Tue May 05, 2009 5:01 am

Not a review per se, but thought I'd put it here since it's Canadian and references the upcoming Vancouver show. :) It was a nice read with only 1 tiny mistake.....Foux fafa. :)

Apologies if this has already been posted elsewhere:
http://www.canada.com/Flight+Conchords+ ... story.html
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

Return to “2009 Tour Archives”