2009 Tour - Camera/Cellphone/Bag Policies

The place where all the 2009 North American Tour is now living. Gig threads, pre and post gig threads, meet and greets, the works. All found here.
kellysouthpaw

Re: 2009 Tour - Camera/Cellphone/Bag Policies

Postby kellysouthpaw » Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:16 pm

onewithdog wrote:For those going to Radio City tonight

For concert events, this policy is at the discretion of the artist. Please call Guest Relations at 212-465-6225, any weekday during normal business hours, for more information.

Im not even going to call. Im sure the boys wont mind a small point and shoot camera. They have been asking for photos to be posted online (well who ever runs their facebook page has).

I think HBO runs their fb page. Jem does their MySpace

Carol
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby Carol » Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:23 pm

Oh how I wish that had applied at the Ryman! :( I had a feeling that it was the venue and not the guys who implemented that little restriction. :evil:

UhohSpaghettio
New arrival

Postby UhohSpaghettio » Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:12 pm

I've been to Radio City many times and have never had the slightest problem bringing in/using a point and shoot camera.

That said, people with flashes are very annoying. Turn yours off please!

onewithdog
Half a shapely halibut

Postby onewithdog » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:02 pm

Meh. Cant for the life of me find my camera charger. Oh well.

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:41 pm

kellysouthpaw wrote:I think HBO runs their fb page. Jem does their MySpace

HBO does indeed. Its very much HBO centric and aimed at the TV show fans. Nothing personal about it to indicate the guys have a hand. Wise move letting HBO run it. HBO did that a fair bit with promo for the show. Pages on networking sites etc. Even LastFM emailed me about HBO taking over the Conchords section to promote the second season. Pimping the background etc to match the artwork and so on. Never happened though. Guess it was one of the places they left alone in the end.

opsopcopolis
New arrival

Postby opsopcopolis » Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:16 am

I'm assuming that means that they have a no recording policy?

Bad Atom
The "Play Whatever You Want!" Guy

Postby Bad Atom » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:55 am

This time, I have a really nice digital camera, so I plan on getting some really nice shots (without the flash, of course. Who uses a flash? It's pointless!) Basically, I want better pictures than I got last year with my old camera...

ardy
Redheads not warheads

Postby ardy » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:31 pm

just got the official word from venue staff for the 4/24 gig:

I apologize for the delay in getting a final answer for you; I'm afraid there will indeed be a "no camera" policy per the artist / promoter for the Flight of the Conchords at the Fox Theatre on Friday, April 24, 2009. Thanks for taking the time to contact us and enjoy the show!

when i talked to her, i said i'd rather they enforce the 'no heckling' rule instead. she laughed and agreed.
...Detroit - City of Tomorrow...

take this sinking boat and point it home..we've still got time...

bjp4444
New arrival

Postby bjp4444 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:53 am

ardy wrote:just got the official word from venue staff for the 4/24 gig:

I apologize for the delay in getting a final answer for you; I'm afraid there will indeed be a "no camera" policy per the artist / promoter for the Flight of the Conchords at the Fox Theatre on Friday, April 24, 2009. Thanks for taking the time to contact us and enjoy the show!

when i talked to her, i said i'd rather they enforce the 'no heckling' rule instead. she laughed and agreed.

....i'm having my contact (my girlfriend, who works for the detroit tigers part of the venue organization) get in touch with her contact that is in the know about this to confirm or deny this. can't hurt to get a second opinion! =)

ardy
Redheads not warheads

Postby ardy » Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:00 am

katie is who i was in contact with...she's in the public relations office. i talked to her in person(via phone) first, then she emailed me. both times she reiterated that the fox is not a 'no camera' venue - but - they will respect the wishes of the artist/management when there is a request for no cameras. she said she got final word from the FOTC management - absolutely no cameras during the show.
...Detroit - City of Tomorrow...

take this sinking boat and point it home..we've still got time...

mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby mockingbird » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:01 am

Really? So, the Conchords themselves don't want any pictures taken? :hrm: Hmmm. I wonder why.

I'm kind of bummed about that because I was looking forward to taking pictures during the show, being in the front row and all... of course if the Conchords themselves don't want that, then I won't, but I'm still not fully convinced that's the case.

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:03 am

I agree - I think they're blowing smoke up our :shock: :o

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:03 am

Didn't Jemaine or Bret say to one audience: "I appreciate how seriously you took the no-camera policy..." That is not a direct quote- paraphrased.....but that was the gist.

So! Obviously, we aren't the only venue with the no-camera policy but I'm darned if I'm going to miss getting some pics of them onstage. I've covered my flash with 4 layers of electrical tape (necessary as I could see the flash shining thru) and even covered the red-eye flash thingy. So it won't be obtrusive. I guess it depends on where the security dudes are in relation to me....but mine's going in. :)

Probably won't even get good ones but I promised my son pics from the show...
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

Cuse
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby Cuse » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:18 am

I would think that it's some kind of a BS answer.

And yes, the guys have joked about pictues (might have been about flashes? I forget).

But an interesting thing with the Philly show happened. I was taking pics all night with my "pro" camera. Nobody said anything. But then the one guy with a white shirt (all the other security guards had black shirts) made me stop. Maybe he was working with the band? I saw him stop a lot of other people from taking pictures (not even pro cameras), too.

Rhymnoserous
Giving the paper to the people

Postby Rhymnoserous » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:22 am

White shirted guy also told me to put away my "professional" camera in Philly (which isn't actually a profession camera at all, but whatever). My camera is quite large with a big lens, so I can understand the mistake. Despite my insistence that the camera was a point-and-shoot, he still said I needed to put it away.

He then spoke into a walkie-talkie, asked who else he needed to tell, and then tapped on (I believe) PatK's girlfriend in the front row and asked her to put away her camera as well.

I was kinda curious where the person was (and who they belonged with) that he was speaking with that was pointing out all the professional cameras.
Last edited by Rhymnoserous on Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “2009 Tour Archives”