April 15 New York City

The place where all the 2009 North American Tour is now living. Gig threads, pre and post gig threads, meet and greets, the works. All found here.
kellysouthpaw

Re: April 15 New York City

Postby kellysouthpaw » Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:38 am

Alright - I watched the clip showing the death of LR.

It hurt just as much as I thought it would. I seriously loved that little thing!

Just because it was such an accident. No one meant for it to happen :( I could almost hear Bret's heart shatter when he saw what happened :(

ASmallTurnip
-- MASTER CRIMINAL -- Root Vegetable Violence a Specialty

Postby ASmallTurnip » Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:41 am

kellysouthpaw wrote:Alright - I watched the clip showing the death of LR.

It hurt just as much as I thought it would. I seriously loved that little thing!

Just because it was such an accident. No one meant for it to happen :( I could almost hear Bret's heart shatter when he saw what happened :(

It's okay, dude! You know how Bret's all about that crazy mixed-nut rock-and-roll lifestyle! He's just going through his Jimi Hendrix phase right now. He'll be setting fire to one of Jemaine's omnichords and doing an awesome prog rock version of Albi at the next gig. Little Red was a noble sacrifice to the mighty gods of great music. He's up in instrument heaven right now, looking fondly down at his curly-haired friend, and plinking happily away to himself. It was meant to be. :goodman:

.:: She's got two jobs. She's a pastry chef and a sniper ::.

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:56 am

Oh my gosh, I had a 500 word post ready to submit, and my computer just went haywire and I lost it all!!!!!!! :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

I wrote about the little red piano's end being preserved on tape, so we'll never really be without it. :cry:
I turned to the girl next to me with my hands on my face, horrified, and said, Oh no, he used that little red piano so much last night, what'll he do? He loved that little guy! Out came little whitey piano, the understudy, with plenty big shoes to fill. You did well, whitey. :whitey: Welcome to the big time!

Anyway, I mentioned that I loved both shows, but Wednesday's definitely rocked more, especially for me because of the songs they did. I could understand Stana better in row FF than in the pit, but I have to say it was a joy to be that close on Tues. :nod: Musically they were truly on top of their game both nights, and I was happy they did Sello Tape and Prostitute. SW nailed it as far as the highlight songs. They both really wailed on Demon Woman!!! Way to go, guys! :thumb:
The New Zealand Orchestra (Nigel :wink: ) was a real treat. I can't wait for you future concertgoers to experience the wonderfully tasteful musical additions he brings to the show. Just thinking about the original approach to Motha'uckas makes me smile. :clap: I'm glad I'm seeing them again tomorrow in Boston. :D

Also, the more I thought about it, I realized, they've got to be in Philly Saturday for two shows, so I will be very surprised if they do a meet and greet after Friday's show. I promise I'll post if they do.
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!

halokiti
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby halokiti » Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:02 am

I'm halfway done with editing the photos for this show. Lots of cropping, I also get the satisfaction of photoshopping the head off of that drunkard in front of me. I also brushed over a bald guy's head, it's part of the stage now. lol. I'm guessing there'll be around 90+ photos for this show.

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:40 pm

I'm giddy with anticipation.
90% evil
ImageImage

claire
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby claire » Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:12 pm

aw cute avatar sw, have fun tomorrow!

i'm assuming posting setlists would be considered spoilers? i'm trying to remember the songs from each night but i don't think i have everything and i wanted to post what i have so everyone can tell me what i'm missing but i don't want to spoil it for people who haven't seen the show yet, altho they seem to be doing different setlists each night anyway...
that's frozen cool...

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:15 pm

There seem to be slightly different setlists every night - I don't think they'd be considered spoilers. If someone doesn't want to know about shows leading up to their own show, they wouldn't be reading the gig threads anyway, methinks :D

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:32 pm

claire wrote:i'm assuming posting setlists would be considered spoilers? i'm trying to remember the songs from each night but i don't think i have everything and i wanted to post what i have so everyone can tell me what i'm missing but i don't want to spoil it for people who haven't seen the show yet, altho they seem to be doing different setlists each night anyway...

Set lists are not spoilers :) If people don't want to know about the gigs they just don't read them. Hence me asking that all the gig stuff was posted to the threads here in this forum and not elsewhere. Means its easy to find for everyone and also easy to avoid should people wish.

Nothing is a spoiler so long as its in the proper thread here.

People are posting set lists, clips, pics and stories. So its one massive spoilerfest :lol:

claire
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby claire » Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:40 pm

kay thanks sherry, i'm on another band's board where we get our butts chewed out when we post setlists so i wasn't sure, LOL

here's what i have for 4/15 (in no real order) but i feel like i'm missing something:

Too many d*cks
Hurt feelings
Jenny
Carol brown
Prostitute
Demon woman
Think about it
Freaky
Sugalumps
Stana
I’m not crying
Beautiful girl
Sexy lady
Bus driver
Business time
robots
sellotape
that's frozen cool...

Carol

Postby Carol » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:59 pm

I'm viry jealous of that set list. Mainly due to (of course) I'm Not Cryin', but also, Prostitute and Demon Woman. It's all good though. Truly. :cry: No, I'm fine. Honestly. I've just been cuttin' onions.

Shovelin'Melvin
New arrival

Postby Shovelin'Melvin » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:00 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGSlEqdv4_A

Very Spinal Tap! :macarena:

Well done/handled Bret.

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:56 am

Posted in the 'Live' album of Flight of the Conchords' Myspace page:

Source
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

halokiti

Postby halokiti » Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:35 am

Those photos have to be from that photographer that came out towards the end.

halokiti

Postby halokiti » Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:19 am

Ok, here are my photos. Enjoy.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby mockingbird » Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:32 am

These are some awesome pictures, helokiti - can I save a few, please? I'm going to assume you said yes... :wink:

Awww, yeah, sing it Jemaine.

So - let's talk about this shirt, for a minute. I am convinced this is a woman's t-shirt. What do you think?

Return to “2009 Tour Archives”