April 17 - Boston, MA

The place where all the 2009 North American Tour is now living. Gig threads, pre and post gig threads, meet and greets, the works. All found here.
kellysouthpaw

Re: April 17 - Boston, MA

Postby kellysouthpaw » Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:18 pm

I'll bet dollars to donuts the one beer limit is the reason for this :lol:

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:41 pm

One drink beer limit is one of the oddest things I've ever heard. I wonder how they enforce it? Do they stamp you with permament ink after your first drink or something?
90% evil
ImageImage

czell
New arrival

Postby czell » Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:49 pm

[quote="Venus"]It might just be me but I can't see the link you posted czell.[/quote]
Sorry about that. Thanks for fixing it.

Chris

slut_angel22@yahoo
Stop touching the monkeys

Postby slut_angel22@yahoo » Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:13 pm

Having once lived in Boston, putting a one 'be-ah' limit on the crowd seems like it would be the most impossible thing in the world to do.

If Jemaine likes Boston, he's got great taste. :thumb:
Bret: Have been sheared.
Jemaine: Have been shorn.

LSully9
Getting lewd with the food

Postby LSully9 » Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:41 pm

Sooo glad to hear you had another great show Nancy! (And a safe trip back home.)

And I know it's super frustrating when you do this long brilliant post and it gets erased! It's happened to me a couple times, but only at school because if you leave the computer sitting still too long, it logs you out... :roll: So I've learned to copy and paste. :wink:
Two struggling musicians, living in poverty and despair, selling their...instruments.

JonOfTheShred
New arrival

Postby JonOfTheShred » Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:47 pm

That show was great. :supz: Stana was great, never heard that song until tonight. That rendition of Jenny was amazing, and when me and my friend started yelling "BUS DRIVERS SONG" they went into it a split second later. If anyone saw someone with a mini-keyboard playing and rapping "Hurt Feelings" and "Inner City Pressure" after the show, that was me and my associate. We are Worcester Countys 17th most popular comedic Flight of the Conchords tribute act. :rock:

Some good banter too. "How many rows would it take to make a 1,000 person pyramid? I guess whoever isn't enjoying themselves can figure that one out." "Can anyone at least figure out how long it'd take us to figure this out?" :lol:

All in all, extremely solid show. I was lost in Boston for a good hour before finding Boston University, and we thought it was sold out but luckily enough there were tickets left.

mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby mockingbird » Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:41 pm

Glad to hear you guys had a good time. I am getting more and more bummed out about the lack of meet and greets, though. Especially because I HAD tickets to Ryman, and I ended up not being able to go... if I missed my chance to meet them, I will cry. Yes I will be crying, it's not onions, it's not raining on my face - it's big fat honking tears of bummitude. :(

Sorry - I don't mean to be a little black cloud on y'all's fun concert thread. I'm sure I'll get over all this. And the show sounded awesome, so I guess I can't complain too much. (Or can I?.....) :lol:

mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby mockingbird » Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:43 pm

JonOfTheShred wrote:"How many rows would it take to make a 1,000 person pyramid? I guess whoever isn't enjoying themselves can figure that one out." "Can anyone at least figure out how long it'd take us to figure this out?" :lol:

Hee hee! Math jokes. :geek:

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:54 pm

mockingbird wrote:Glad to hear you guys had a good time. I am getting more and more bummed out about the lack of meet and greets, though. Especially because I HAD tickets to Ryman, and I ended up not being able to go... if I missed my chance to meet them, I will cry. Yes I will be crying, it's not onions, it's not raining on my face - it's big fat honking tears of bummitude. :(

Sorry - I don't mean to be a little black cloud on y'all's fun concert thread. I'm sure I'll get over all this. And the show sounded awesome, so I guess I can't complain too much. (Or can I?.....) :lol:

I'm the same way. I know I'll get over it eventually, and I know it's probably lame of me to be SO bummed about it, but I've just had my heart set on it for so long :(

slut_angel22@yahoo

Postby slut_angel22@yahoo » Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:05 pm

Oh Mock, Oh Kelly,
:goodman:
They'll be back again - you will have your chance.
:goodman:

PhasersOnFunky
New arrival

Postby PhasersOnFunky » Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:15 pm

I finally got home!! The show was great...my cheeks hurt after from smiling and laughing so much.

Highlights for me:

-The crowd was GREAT. I almost think Bret and Jemaine weren't quite sure what to do with a non-obnoxious crowd. Jemaine even made some comment about "reserved Bostonians" or something like that. They kept calling Boston "Boston City" which was cute. And Jemaine kept making cracks like "Boston Space" and "Boston Powers". :D

-Even though the crowd was good, there were still a few people yelling out stuff in between songs...someone yelled out "GINGER BALLS" and Jemaine immediately replied "Ginger balls isn't a song." BUT THEN Jemaine started strumming his guitar :rock: and he and Bret started singing "Ginger baalllllssss..." It was pretty funny. :lol:

-At one point...and I wish I could remember what song it was... Jemaine was singing, holding a note at the end and Bret was just playing the guitar. Jemaine stopped and looked at Bret and said something like "Bret needs to harmonize here" and Bret started singing. :lol:

-One of the funniest versions of "Jenny" I have ever seen. My friend, who knows about FOTC but isn't as obsessed (?) as I am had tears rolling down his face.

-There was a girl sitting in front of us that had a "hair helmet" on. Nancy took a picture of her and I hope she posts it.

-Got to meet and chat with Nancy quite a bit. Nancy was working the ushers trying to get the inside scoop on any potential meet and greet happenings. :prayer: to Nancy for getting the inside scoop.

-Eugene was a nice suprise and I really liked Kristen. They were both very funny.

That's it for now!! I will get pics up soon. And I was able to video part of "Think About It" so I will try and get that up too!
Are you thinkin' what I'm thinkin'?
No, I'm thinkin' what I'm thinkin'.
So you're not thinkin' what I'm thinkin'?
No, cuz you're thinkin' I'm thinkin' what you're thinkin'.

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:23 pm

Yay! I'm glad you had such a great time! :)

What did Nancy find out? Did they give a reason for no meet and greet or just that there wasn't one?

Can't wait to see the pictures!

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:31 pm

To you folks waiting to see the show and hopefully meet the guys, all I can say is go, enjoy the show, savor every moment, and if you happen to meet them afterward, it'll be icing on the cake. :D
Don't let it dictate your experience - it's a maybe situation, and we all know their health is most important anyway. :goodman:

My long, deleted post dealt with the fact that I had befriended a couple of security guards who were extremely nice, and the opposite of the Radio City guys. (Although they had to deal with the nasty weather, so I shouldn't fault them too much.) These guys were very helpful, and told me where the meet and greets usually take place. They kept me updated about what plans had been made, scrapped, and what would probably happen.

The one beer rule means you can only go and buy one beer at a time instead of a lot at a time like at Radio City. Sure, if you totally wanted to miss the show, you could keep going up and back, but the traffic was much less than at Radio City, so I guess they preferred to watch the show and get their money's worth. :yay:

Bird, I LOVE your new avatar! So fitting. Understudy Whitey Piano (or UWP, for short :wink: ) did fine. :whitey: (Is it a he or a she? :hrm: ) The guys used Whitey to intro Business Time in a very different way, and Jemaine even stopped his beginning "Awww girl" to call attention to Bret's difficult, cumbersome shift from piano to guitar. It was hysterical. :rolls:

Thank you Sherry and all for tips on how not to lose a post again - sorry if I was a little miffed, but losing it at 3:30 in the morning just did me in. I'll take your advice and check my settings and copy and paste long ones in the future. :nod:

Enjoy tonight, Philly City! (Bret called us Boston City!, and punny Jemaine called us Boston Space - a la Lost In Space :roll2:, Boston Powers, loved it!) Ooops, sorry Phasers, you already mentioned this.
That song you were thinking of was the end of You're So Beautiful.
I love it - between the two of us, we remembered a lot! :thumb:
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!

slut_angel22@yahoo

Postby slut_angel22@yahoo » Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:35 pm

So Nancy, is this the end of "your" 2009 Amirican Tour? You've been all over and have worked very hard. You deserve a nice vacation in NZ for all your effort.

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:20 pm

I heard Bret quit the band.

And then rejoined :lol:

Return to “2009 Tour Archives”