April 18th - Tower Theater (2 shows!)

The place where all the 2009 North American Tour is now living. Gig threads, pre and post gig threads, meet and greets, the works. All found here.
PatK
Giving the paper to the people

April 18th - Tower Theater (2 shows!)

Postby PatK » Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:28 pm

First show starts in a little over 2 and a half hours, second starts in about 5 and a half. I'll be sure to post all of the pictures we take as soon as they're on my computer!

But

that probably won't be until Wednesday, since I had to change around travel plans I had today and I'll be leaving for the airport right after she show is over (and hopefully a meet and greet) to go to Orlando!

Hope to see a few of you guys there!

Rhymnoserous

Re: April 18th - Tower Theater (2 shows!)

Postby Rhymnoserous » Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:29 pm

I'll definitely be able to post some pictures tomorrow afternoon if everything goes right. I'm hoping we don't have trouble getting cameras in. My camera takes really great video and it'd be a shame if I can't bring it in or get caught with it during the show (This is a video it took last year at DC when I was trying to be stealthy in the farrrr left second row: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIL6A6IlaoA)

Here's hoping they come out for a meet and greet since it's so unbelievably nice outside and will be quite warm tonight!

Pat, I'll definitely see you tonight because I'm pretty sure I'm sitting directly behind you for the 10pm show! :lol:

PatK

Postby PatK » Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:00 am

Rhymnoserous wrote:I'll definitely be able to post some pictures tomorrow afternoon if everything goes right. I'm hoping we don't have trouble getting cameras in. My camera takes really great video and it'd be a shame if I can't bring it in or get caught with it during the show (This is a video it took last year at DC when I was trying to be stealthy in the farrrr left second row: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIL6A6IlaoA)

Here's hoping they come out for a meet and greet since it's so unbelievably nice outside and will be quite warm tonight!

Pat, I'll definitely see you tonight because I'm pretty sure I'm sitting directly behind you for the 10pm show! :lol:

I'm hoping the same thing. We might have a problem because the girl coming with me is a photographer and has a very nice camera. But we got in with it last year, so we have hope.

And yes, I believe you are directly behind me. BBB on the aisle on Bret's side of the stage, right?

Rhymnoserous

Postby Rhymnoserous » Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:28 am

Yup! That's where I am...provided the will call window stuff goes correctly.

I've tried calling the theatre to ask them about their camera policy but it just rings and rings.

Oh well, I'm off now to pick up a bunch of people and head to Upper Darby!

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:58 am

I'm hoping that you're enjoying a wonderful show and the meet and greets start back up tonight! :D
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:59 am

About a minute until the Late show starts! :clap: Got some interesting tweets regarding the first show.

Regarding Bret pouring water on himself, Jemaine doing the same. Bret crawling around and breaking some lighting...sheesh!

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:03 am

Aw, I hope that doesn't mean Bret's feverish......hoping the lights are just too hot, well, not really.....more like I hope it's just hot in there.....you know what I mean! :rolleyes: I want him to be better!
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:07 am

I'm pretty sure it was accidental water pouring. Something about Jemaine accidentally splashing some on Bret. Then feeling bad and pouring some on himself.

The tweets were pretty vague, I'm sure the WTF reports to come in will clear it all up!

I would give the source url but her tweets are set to people following her only :(

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:16 am

The way I understood the tweets is that Bret messed up during a song so he threw water over himself. Then Jemaine threw water over Bret as well but felt bad and threw water over himself haha! :lol:
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby mockingbird » Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:51 am

kellysouthpaw wrote:...Bret crawling around and breaking some lighting...sheesh!

What's up with Bret breaking everything? :lol:

Rhymnoserous

Postby Rhymnoserous » Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:15 am

Just got back from the late show and I wanted to let you guys know that we DID get a meet and greet! Bret, Jemaine, Kristen, and Nigel all came outside after about...I'd say 30 minutes to 40 minutes after the show ended. I assume they came out so quickly since the show started late and didn't even end until nearly 1am.

I can't give a full update now (I have to be awake in 5 hours for a baptism!) but it was an amazing show. I saw them in DC last year and this was above and beyond. Some highlights included them playing "Mermaids" (after some prodding from an audience member), a quick dance version of "Who Likes to Rock the Party?" and a "Too Many Dicks" reprise halfway through the show. Also, Bret paid an audience member $20 U.S and 10 in New Zealand currency for a tour shirt that the girl and her friend had signed, and Jemaine was in rare form almost all night...he even danced for us...about 6 different times.

I'll post more (and pictures, and a video) tomorrow afternoon.

PatK

Postby PatK » Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:23 am

Hi everyone! I'm on my iPhone on the way to the airport, so I'm afraid this will be very short. First off, Kristen was exceptional. I love love loved it. The guys were great as usual, and the banter was hilarious as usual. At one point, a girl brought up a shirt with a note on it. Not sure exactly what it said, but it was something about paying 25 dollars and wanting a signature, so bret pulled out his wallet and gave the girl that brought it up a 20 dollar bill and a new Zealand 10 bill, saying "that equals 25." jemaine continued that with something about making transactions at concerts. Brilliant.

The best part may have been for the girl who was with. As jemaine said "most beautiful girl that I've ever seen with a kebab," he focused his gaze right on her. Good old jemaine.

And what you've all been waiting for...

Meet and greet! Got to see bret, jemaine, and kristen and got pictures with all of them. Great experience.

Set list (not in order) from what I remember:
Mermaids (Philly loves mermaids, apparently. The creature, not the song)
Too many dicks
Robots
Most beautiful girl in the room
Were both in love with a sexy lady
Sugalumps
(P)epileptic dogs!!!!!!!!!
Who likes to rock the party!!!!!!
Albi
You don't have to be a prostitute
Hurt feelings
Carol Brown
If you're into it
I told you I was freaky

I feel like I'm missing some. Pics will be up in a few days, when I'm back from Orlando!

Rhymnoserous

Postby Rhymnoserous » Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:31 am

^ Off the top of my head there was also...
Demon Woman
New Stana song
Mutha Uckers

LSully9
Getting lewd with the food

Postby LSully9 » Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:36 am

I can't sleep... So I'm editing and uploading a few. Will post with story once finished. :D
Two struggling musicians, living in poverty and despair, selling their...instruments.

Cuse
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby Cuse » Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:58 am

From my iPhone too. Lol short post my ass pat!

Due to procrastination and getting lost plus wtf is up with market street? Iwas pretty late. Iwalked into the first show at the end of I'm not crying. What'd I miss?

I loved this show. Mighta. Got caught up in the momentt but I thought the second show was stellar. Maybe
My fave evar. It got weak aat the end tho. 2nd ny show ending was the best. :D

I was able to take a good amount of pics with my nikon and zoom lens until the camera Nazi security guard in the white shirt stopped me at the last encore. Jemaine fans will be pleased. I'll upload maybe Monday when I'm back in NYC

Return to “2009 Tour Archives”