April 17 - Boston, MA

The place where all the 2009 North American Tour is now living. Gig threads, pre and post gig threads, meet and greets, the works. All found here.
BJLarson
New arrival

Re: April 17 - Boston, MA

Postby BJLarson » Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:26 pm

I thought they were FANTASTIC last night! However, I have to say I was disappointed with the crowd... They didn't even respond much when asked to sing along to Girlfriends of the Past. I was so excited and stoked to laugh, sing along, generally enjoy myself, I think people in Boston need to loosen up! Even Jemaine commented on the Boston reserve... what up with dat?

PhasersOnFunky
New arrival

Postby PhasersOnFunky » Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:57 pm

Yes Sherry...Bret quit and rejoined the band 3 or 4 times in the span of about 30 seconds. I forgot about that part!! :lol:
Are you thinkin' what I'm thinkin'?
No, I'm thinkin' what I'm thinkin'.
So you're not thinkin' what I'm thinkin'?
No, cuz you're thinkin' I'm thinkin' what you're thinkin'.

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:05 am

PhasersOnFunky wrote:Yes Sherry...Bret quit and rejoined the band 3 or 4 times in the span of about 30 seconds. I forgot about that part!! :lol:

:lol: That sounds terrific.....any existing clips, perchance?
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:22 am

A few backstage pics :lol:

Apparently posted on Eugene's facebook page

Source

Source
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:26 am

Bret. Looks. GREAT!!

And obviously Jemaine looks heart-stopping, as per usual!

I love the first pic with he and Eugene holding hands :lol: how romantic!

Did those ladies have backstage passes? I've heard that from a few tweets about people getting their hands on backstage passes. I didn't even think those EXISTED...

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:30 am

kellysouthpaw wrote:Bret. Looks. GREAT!!

And obviously Jemaine looks heart-stopping, as per usual!

I love the first pic with he and Eugene holding hands :lol: how romantic!

Did those ladies have backstage passes? I've heard that from a few tweets about people getting their hands on backstage passes. I didn't even think those EXISTED...

Yeah those girls had backstage passes. One of them said she asked Bret to hold her zebra haha! I know, I wonder how they got their hands on them? Maybe part of some VIP package? It's just like the other lady who even took pictures with them in their dressing room.
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby mockingbird » Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:32 am

Nancy Hillner wrote:To you folks waiting to see the show and hopefully meet the guys, all I can say is go, enjoy the show, savor every moment, and if you happen to meet them afterward, it'll be icing on the cake. :D

That's good advice.

Nancy Hillner wrote:Bird, I LOVE your new avatar! So fitting. Understudy Whitey Piano (or UWP, for short :wink: ) did fine. :whitey: (Is it a he or a she? :hrm: ) The guys used Whitey to intro Business Time in a very different way, and Jemaine even stopped his beginning "Awww girl" to call attention to Bret's difficult, cumbersome shift from piano to guitar. It was hysterical. :rolls:

Thanks, Nancy! :thumb: Glad to hear UWP was up to the task... I hope he isn't afraid of Bret, after seeing what happened to Little Red. (I'm arbitrarily picking "he" to anthropomorphize Bret's new piano, BTW. It could be a she. Frankly I don't know how you would tell. :hrm: And it's certainly not the kind of thing you can just ask.)
Last edited by mockingbird on Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:33 am

I know - I really feel like I MUST know how to get my hands on these *finger quotes* "backstage passes".

Who do I need to schmooze to get one :wink: :lol:

mockingbird

Postby mockingbird » Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:37 am

kellysouthpaw wrote:I love the first pic with he and Eugene holding hands :lol: how romantic!

It is, isn't it? *dreamy sigh* And the way Eugene's arm is linked with Jemaine's in the next pic... I've never seen two friends like them. :lol:

Thanks, Venus!

mockingbird

Postby mockingbird » Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:43 am

Oh, and BTW - we have that same zebra. Three of them, in fact. We have a herd. :lol:

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:55 am

Wow, Eugene really has piercingly blue eyes....they're gorgeous. Mine just kinda....look out at you without piercing, in a blah way.

They look so cute holding hands....and poor Bret. Just look at his eyes. You can tell he's still not up to par there. Looks like he's not getting enough rest. {{{{Bret}}}}
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

mockingbird

Postby mockingbird » Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:13 am

LauraK wrote:Wow, Eugene really has piercingly blue eyes....they're gorgeous. Mine just kinda....look out at you without piercing, in a blah way.

Sometimes people just want to be looked at, without being pierced. :) Eugene does have pretty eyes, though.

Val2150
Stop touching the monkeys

Postby Val2150 » Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:30 am

I think Jemaine's khaki leisure suit is hilariously awesome. :lol:
"You do not choose sexy. Sexy chooses you." -mohumbai mania

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:49 am

Sherry wrote:I heard Bret quit the band.

And then rejoined :lol:

Heh, heh, :roll2: :rolls: :bounce:
I'd forgotten about that. Also, when Jemaine brought out the xylophone for If You're Into It, he said, "This is a xylophone. (Doing a sort of Vanna White demo of it) We have to play this song more often because we have xylophone t-shirts for sale." :lol:

Kelly, I've been in the business many years and I just don't know the right people to obtain passes from. You really have to know the right person,(tech, business, PR, whatever) or win some in a contest. (Like Tracey and Kipper. :wink: ) And that would be the official meet and greet, as opposed to the chance meetings we've had in the past.
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!

smuchshypush
New arrival

Postby smuchshypush » Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:56 am

Such a fun show! I had a great view of the screen and took some video:
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=smu ... iew=videos

Wish I'd recorded the whole thing, I tended to miss the really funny stuff and just get the aftermath :P But I have all of "Jenny" and "If You're Into It" (with "rockenspiel"), most of "Gingerballs", a bit of "Stana", some fun bits from the end of "Think About It", "Sugalumps", "In Love With a Sexy Lady" just after Bret screwed up, Jemaine nicknaming Boston... cute stuff! Some blurry pieces of the human pyramid discussion and the guys making whale noises will go up later unless someone has a better recording.

Nancy, my sister and I definitely saw you! Or your awesome sweatshirt, at least :)

Return to “2009 Tour Archives”