April 17 - Boston, MA

The place where all the 2009 North American Tour is now living. Gig threads, pre and post gig threads, meet and greets, the works. All found here.
SuzyBatt
Lucky for me I have a short attention sp ....

Re: April 17 - Boston, MA

Postby SuzyBatt » Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:20 am

Thanks for posting the link to your videos, they were really fun to watch. I especially liked the security guards one, and the Boston nicknames! :rolls:

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:59 am

Oh my gosh, Smuch, it was like being back at the show again! Thanks for these memories. I haven't watched all of them yet, but did you get Jemaine covering the pit with the remains of his water bottle?
Where were you sitting? I couldn't tell from the jumbotron angle. I wish we had had a chance to meet. Maybe for another gig. Are you from Boston? (Sorry if you've posted on the Introduce Yourself thread, I haven't had a chance to read it lately.)

Yes, the sweatshirt has definitely gotten a workout this week. It's such a nice warm one, it's been perfect for the weather. And I'm wearing it on the plane Monday to LA, then happily peeling it off for the 80 degree weather out there! 8)
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:36 am

Smuch- thanks so much for those terrific vids! Who cares if some were blurry- the sound was great and I smiled like a fool watching. :D I skipped some cuz I want some surprises when they get here, but they were really great! You got an awesome show.
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:42 am

Believe me, Laura, most of that banter won't be repeated - they really do a great job of mixing things up.

I keep on humming Too Many Dicks, Demon Woman, Stana, Bus Driver's Song, and Mutha'uckas constantly! :sing:
Oh, fish-like Lady

Lady-like Fish

La-dy-ish! Yeah!

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:54 am

I'm crossing my fingers that we get Jenny and Demon Woman and Motha 'Uckas. I was driving around with my windows down to day playing it really loud wanting everyone to hear it..... :lol:
ImageImage

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:06 am

kellysouthpaw wrote:I know - I really feel like I MUST know how to get my hands on these *finger quotes* "backstage passes".

Who do I need to schmooze to get one :wink: :lol:

Perhaps won in local compititions? Or if someone is a member of the theatre/venue? Or if they work for a certain type of business/job (ie press)? Bid for at a charity event?

Carol
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby Carol » Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:39 pm

What great vids--thanks so much for posting them. I love the profissional talking! It will never NOT make me laugh. The guys seemed viry relaxed and having a great time in your city. That's terrific.

Congrats to you, Boston, for your one beer policy. Maybe all venues should consider trying to enforce that.

Tell us more when you have time. So much fun to read the changes in banter from city to city. And fun to see them screw up and then recover!

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:41 pm

Thanks for posting those videos. Will watch them soon :)

And yeah I was thinking that people got backstage passes either through competitions or knowing a few people behind the scenes.

Here's the album of backstage photos Eugene posted on his facebook page. Looks like they had a good time! Thanks to Sara for uploading them:

http://tinypic.com/useralbum.php?ua=MXp ... V4Jg%3D%3D
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

Carol
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby Carol » Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:10 pm

Thanks for that link. What a great array of photos!
I'm SO jealous of those people who manage backstage passes.
It all seemed so relaxed and the guys certainly looked to be enjoying themselves. That's so great to see!
The sparkle seems to be back in Bret's eyes in these pics. Yea! Maybe he is feeling 100% after all. :supz: That could bode really well for future m & gs!

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:07 pm

I tried to stay away from some favorite songs so the way they play them live will be a bit fresher....especially Stana since I've already cheated and watched it twice from earlier shows. :oops:

I can't wait!!
ImageImage

smuchshypush
New arrival

Postby smuchshypush » Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:55 pm

Nancy, we were in the front row of F4, the second floor section back on the right. We saw you or your sweatshirt doppelganger in F1 before the show, near the person with the hair helmet :D I just uploaded the video of Jemaine getting the crowd with his water bottle.

Glad people like the videos! Have to take them bc it's the only way I remember anything :P

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:42 am

Wow, you had great seats on Jemaine's side. I was about 10 rows back on the inner aisle of Bret's side. The sound was awesome - I could understand every word Bret sang of Stana (even when he messed up :wink: ), which is the ultimate song test for good sound because the words fly by so quickly. In Radio City the sound wasn't as good in the pit - Bret sounded muddy on Stana. But 10 rows back the next night I could understand every word clearly.
Did you get wet, or was it the few rows of the pit in front of you that got it?

I thought of a couple of things I wanted to mention: We've talked about how well-behaved the crowd was, and someone thought the crowd was dead. I didn't think so. How wonderful was the middle of Bowie, when the rhythm changes before, "This is Bowie to Bowie, Can you hear me out there, man?", and the entire crowd of 7,500 started clapping in rhythm? And ultimately, after Sugalumps, the audience jumped up and gave them a standing ovation - not just a few stragglers starting it, but everyone in front of me rose to their feet almost in unison. That was pretty neat. :thumb:

I have to say I enjoyed all three shows for different reasons, and I'm especially glad I saw this Boston show! :nod:
Oh, fish-like Lady

Lady-like Fish

La-dy-ish! Yeah!

PhasersOnFunky
New arrival

Postby PhasersOnFunky » Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:43 am

Smuch- you saw Nancy when she was talking to me. The girl with the hair helmet was right in front of me. :)

I am loving reading about everyone's experiences, and I love how different people remember different things about the show.
Are you thinkin' what I'm thinkin'?
No, I'm thinkin' what I'm thinkin'.
So you're not thinkin' what I'm thinkin'?
No, cuz you're thinkin' I'm thinkin' what you're thinkin'.

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:27 pm

Venus wrote:Here's the album of backstage photos Eugene posted on his facebook page. Looks like they had a good time! Thanks to Sara for uploading them:

Oh my lord - Jemaine. :shock: :prayer:
90% evil
ImageImage

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:23 am

SheWolf wrote:
Venus wrote:Here's the album of backstage photos Eugene posted on his facebook page. Looks like they had a good time! Thanks to Sara for uploading them:

Oh my lord - Jemaine. :shock: :prayer:

I know, right? He is sizzling in those pictures 8)
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

Return to “2009 Tour Archives”