North American tour 2009 - general chat

The place where all the 2009 North American Tour is now living. Gig threads, pre and post gig threads, meet and greets, the works. All found here.
kellysouthpaw

Re: April 19th 2009, Kent Oh

Postby kellysouthpaw » Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:57 am

LSully9 wrote:
kellysouthpaw wrote:
arto wrote:And FOTC'ed out.

I don't believe I'll ever reach this point.

Ever.

Does this make me pathetic? Possibly. Probably. More than likely...

Nah... I haven't gotten there yet either... I'm contemplating blowing my refund on a west coast tour. :wink:

Yay for what sounds like another great show!

Here's an idea - come to Detroit with me, Laura and ardy! I have an extra in the OR pit for you ;)

Cuse
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby Cuse » Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:46 am

kellysouthpaw wrote:Here's an idea - come to Detroit with me, Laura and ardy! I have an extra in the OR pit for you ;)

Whaaaaaat?

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:29 am

She's serious, dude. It's for the 11 pm show, I believe, which we are certain will be an awesome show with a loooong meet and greet where Jemaine and Bret will invite us WTF'ers onto the bus to hang out afterwards..... :whistle:

Sorry...I keep slipping into dreamstate..... :rolleyes:
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

LSully9
Getting lewd with the food

Postby LSully9 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:50 pm

kellysouthpaw wrote:Here's an idea - come to Detroit with me, Laura and ardy! I have an extra in the OR pit for you ;)

:hrm: What day is that again?

No more reports? Aaaaaatooooooom!!
Two struggling musicians, living in poverty and despair, selling their...instruments.

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:45 pm

This Friday!

And :nod: yep! I have one that's right next to me (that'll be right in front of Jemaine 4 rows up) or one that's on Bret's side but kinda off to the side in the second row.

So you could both take one if you wanted ;)

C'mon, you SO know you want to!

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:47 pm

LSully9 wrote:Nah... I'm contemplating blowing my refund on a west coast tour. :wink:
I'm having these crazy thoughts myself coz after seeing 3 awesome shows last week I simply can't accept that there are no more for me. Berkeley anyone??
90% evil
ImageImage

ardy
Redheads not warheads

Postby ardy » Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:58 pm

SheWolf wrote:
LSully9 wrote:Nah... I'm contemplating blowing my refund on a west coast tour. :wink:
I'm having these crazy thoughts myself coz after seeing 3 awesome shows last week I simply can't accept that there are no more for me. Berkeley anyone??

i've seen this happen with other bands. people see one or two shows and get hooked and need more. so, it's onto the next nearby shows and a few more. then it's all out tramping across the country to see every show possible, with or without tickets....or a place to stay... not that i know anything about this personally....;)
...Detroit - City of Tomorrow...

take this sinking boat and point it home..we've still got time...

Rhymnoserous
Giving the paper to the people

Postby Rhymnoserous » Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:03 pm

Haha I actually looked up how close they are to me for the rest of the tour because I had such a good time and want to go again.

Cuse
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby Cuse » Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:11 pm

I definitely want to see some more. The only one I can't do is Minneapolis. Very busy month for me, concert-wise.

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:25 pm

I've contemplated on flying out to see them for the weekend shows. I've even checked expedia.com for flight + hotel prices. I would if I had the money.

I would be down for Berkeley though. I can travel there without breaking the bank and I have friends up there I can stay with.
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:25 pm

I don't want to hijack this thread but even of Sully is able to come to the late Detroit show with me and uses up a spare ticket of mine, I still have one more extra in the Orchestra pit someone can have. And my hotel room has an extra bed if anyone wants to claim that as well (Sully I'm looking at you here ;) ). Wow that sounded creepy of me

LSully9
Getting lewd with the food

Postby LSully9 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:46 pm

LauraK wrote::( for Arto- no meet and greet.

:cry: for Sully, too. No go?

I'm also wondering- where are all of the pics?? :D And the meet and greet accounts??

No... :cry: :kicks lacrosse ball which bounces off wall and hits her on the shin:

I haven't really gotten anything from twitter about Kent State either. And yet, we know it happened because there was a review... :dunno:
Two struggling musicians, living in poverty and despair, selling their...instruments.

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:11 pm

Bad Atom wrote:I'm actually on vacation for the rest of the week now. Did someone say "Detroit" and "free ticket"? :worry:

I did! And it's yours if you want it - just PM me and let me know :) I'll let you have it for free because I REALLY don't want it to go to waste and I'm not able to sell it (because it's a single ticket next to me apparently). As long as you don't mind sitting next to me in the orchestra pit then yeah! :D

Bad Atom
The "Play Whatever You Want!" Guy

Postby Bad Atom » Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:01 am

Well, now I am going to both Detroit shows (thanks to Kelly!) and I really want to meet them this time (Third time's a charm, right?). I don't do the autograph thing, I'd rather get a picture.

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:06 am

The weather is supposed to be awesome and there's only a side exit and the main exits for them to leave from. So I'm thinking the chances are pretty good for all of us :D

I'm the autograph type just because Jemaine usually writes a little quip to go with his signature and then he and I would always have our own little "inside joke"...well I'd have one - I'm sure he'd forget the second I walked away.

BUT STILL!

Return to “2009 Tour Archives”