April 18th - Tower Theater (2 shows!)

The place where all the 2009 North American Tour is now living. Gig threads, pre and post gig threads, meet and greets, the works. All found here.
Cuse
Registered Rhymnecologist

Re: April 18th - Tower Theater (2 shows!)

Postby Cuse » Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:36 am

Jemaine's face is like "Help!" :lol:

I think I asked my uber nerd friend once if there's a way to extract vid from facebook, and he didn't have an answer. I suppose you could try to capture it. Or easier, just make a facebook account. :p

PatK
Giving the paper to the people

Postby PatK » Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:39 am

As promised, my friend's photos. She got in trouble for "professional camera" a little bit into the show, so there are a lot less than we thought we'd have.

PatK

Postby PatK » Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:41 am

Aaaand the meet & greet:

And this is a funny story. My friend's name is Carrie Anne (2 separate words). Bret wrote it as Carrieanne, then asked if it was right. She said it's actually 2 words, but don't worry about it, it's great. So he did this:

mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby mockingbird » Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:57 am

Pat, those pictures ROCK. The Sugalumps pics especially crack me up - very expressive. :lol: Thanks for sharing!

PatK

Postby PatK » Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:16 am

mockingbird wrote:Pat, those pictures ROCK. The Sugalumps pics especially crack me up - very expressive. :lol: Thanks for sharing!

All credit goes to my date to the show (the aforementioned Carrie Anne) for the pictures. Not sure if you are referring to the guys' sugalumps or the song sugalumps, but yes, they are expressive (they were taken during the end of Too Many Dicks on the Dance Floor). Glad you liked them!

Cuse
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby Cuse » Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:54 am

Nice pics. You were in the first row, right? I think I woulda just put a t-shirt over my camera and taken pics without looking through the view finder heh.

I think the Kristen with the pots and Jemaine signing (his arm looks a lil weird though), are the best of the bunch.

I have a show coming up at Radio City in the first row, and not really sure what to do about the camera situation. Might just bring my HV20 video camera and do the t-shirt dealie with that.

LSully9
Getting lewd with the food

Postby LSully9 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:49 pm

Pat!!! :hug: Please thank Carrie Anne for sharing those! Especially the robot pics! I had a weird angle and couldn't get good pics there.
Two struggling musicians, living in poverty and despair, selling their...instruments.

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:24 pm

Thanks for sharing those pics PatK, they're great! The disco balls are hilarious :lol:
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:59 pm

My friend's vid and pics are in. Thanks to Jackie for these:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4Yn7m-p9AM

http://www.flickr.com/photos/37643081@N04/

:D

90% evil
ImageImage

LSully9

Postby LSully9 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:15 pm

I shall have to check the video when I get home, but her pics are incredible! I am especially in love with this one:

Two struggling musicians, living in poverty and despair, selling their...instruments.

mockingbird

Postby mockingbird » Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:17 pm

PatK wrote:Not sure if you are referring to the guys' sugalumps or the song sugalumps, but yes, they are expressive (they were taken during the end of Too Many Dicks on the Dance Floor). Glad you liked them!

Ha ha ha - yeah I think I was a little overcome, there. :wink: I MEANT to say the disco ball/robot heads pictures. The expressions on the guys' faces are too funny!

mockingbird

Postby mockingbird » Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:18 pm

Thanks for sharing those awesome pics, SheWolf! :thumb:

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:31 pm

LSully9 wrote:I shall have to check the video when I get home, but her pics are incredible! I am especially in love with this one:

I didn't think to crop pix. I'll have to add my Bret one on Flickr coz he looks so good. The vid is great but from her angle you can't see the discoballs too well. PatK's friend's pics are the best I've seen of them yet. I'm glad Jackie got some pics of Jem sugalumpin' it in my face coz I was a bit too overcome at the time to do so. :lol:
90% evil
ImageImage

LSully9

Postby LSully9 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:31 pm

SheWolf wrote:Didn't think to crop pix. I'll have to add my Bret one on Flickr coz he looks so good. The vid is great but from her angle you can't see the discoballs too well. PatK's friend's pics are the best I've seen of them yet. I'm glad Jackie got some pics of Jem sugalumpin' it in my face coz I was a bit too overcome at the time to do so. :lol:

Yes please to the Bret pic. :) Whether you crop or not, I probably will. ;) lol! I have some sugalumpin pics too. Will do some lightening and send you the steamy sultry one where he's lookin at me. :wink:

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:46 pm

LSully9 wrote: I have some sugalumpin pics too. Will do some lightening and send you the steamy sultry one where he's lookin at me. :wink:
Can't wait (though I'm sure he was looking at me, he had his eye on my knee) :twisted:
90% evil
ImageImage

Return to “2009 Tour Archives”