April 25 - Bloomington, Ind.

The place where all the 2009 North American Tour is now living. Gig threads, pre and post gig threads, meet and greets, the works. All found here.
Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Re: April 25 - Bloomington, Ind.

Postby Venus » Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:15 am

Just saw this on twitter:

There was an on stage marriage proposal at the FOTC concert...sweet

Source

Cute :)
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:08 am

Awwww.....can't wait for Stank's account!
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

stank
Giving the paper to the people

Postby stank » Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:40 am

Alright. Just got back home. Hopefully this will be a sufficient recap. It probably won't be as long as some that I've seen on here.

I had seventh row seats. In the middle right in line with Jemaine.

Eugene was great. I didn't expect him to be as funny as he was. He made a remark about how all the people there had been drunk since 11 a.m. The "Little 500" took place down there today. It's a big bike race and an excuse for the college kids to drink heavily.

As they have in the other shows, the guys came out in their robot costumes and did Too Many Dicks. They then started talking about hurt feelings but Jemaine's guitar wasn't working properly so while that was being attended to, they sang Carol Brown. That's quickly becoming my favorite song. I lose it every time during the "I thought I told you to shut uh-uh-up" line.

They got the guitar situation taken care of and went through the rest of the setlist (I got a copy from a stagehand after the show - it's below).

There were a few hecklers. It wasn't too bad though. They called out a couple people that were taking video of pretty much everything. "I like how this lady didn't even bother to cover up the red light on their video camera," laughed Jemaine. He then pointed out someone else who was taking video and they brought Matt, the sound engineer guy, out to take a video of her. Jemaine said it makes him self conscious and he wanted her to feel that way too.

Umm, what else. At the end of Suga Lumps they were walking around the stage and Bret went out into the audience on top of the seats. He probably made it four rows in and was gyrating his after-dinner mints to the women there.

Their first encore song was Demon Woman. Then they sang Celotape (how it's spelled on the setlist - not sure if that's correct). As Bret was doing his speech about love, he told Matt to come out there and asked him if he knew anything about love. Matt said he did and said his girlfriend was right off the stage. He told her to come out and when she did he proposed. It was pretty sweet. Somehow I was right in the middle of everyone who knew them.

So after the show I went back to the car and got my good camera and my autograph items and went back to the stage door. We waited for about an hour and they came out and signed everything and took pictures. There were probably about 150 people out there. I asked Bret about the Tim and Eric Awesome Show Great Job! appearance and he said it was his favorite show. He seemed pretty excited that I asked about it. So we chatted about that for a minute.

I got my Under the Radar magazine signed, my 8X10 signed and my friend got one of the 7" albums signed. Bret drew a really cool guitar on that album.

I'll have to go through my pictures and see if there any worth posting. I don't think the ones in the concert will turn out very well. It might be tomorrow until I post them though. Sorry.

Here's the setlist I got. I put a * next to the ones they sang.

*Too Many Dicks
*Hurt Feelings
*Stana
*Carol Brown
*Jenny
*I told you I was Freaky
*Crying
Beautiful Girl
*Think About It
Bus Driver
Albi
*Same Girl
*Suga Lumps
-----------
*Demon Woman
If You're into It
*Celotape
Business Time
Angels
*Bowie
Robots
Prostitute
*Mutha Uckers
Fou Da Fa Fa

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:54 am

Yay!! So glad it went great for you! Jemaine having the woman videotaped is a riot....how'd she take it? Bret on top of the seats? Woo! Hoping to see the video of that!

And of course the proposal...that's very sweet. :)

Did you get pics with the guys? Did they use barriers? Looking forward to seeing all of your pics! :)
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

Cuse
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby Cuse » Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:03 am

Oh, THAT kind of proposal.

The stage guy just grabbed the setlist off the floor? I have two front row shows this year, and wondering how to go about getting the setlists. Who writes those things, anyway? heh.

Any pics of the poster for this show?

stank

Postby stank » Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:13 am

Cuse wrote:Oh, THAT kind of proposal.

The stage guy just grabbed the setlist off the floor? I have two front row shows this year, and wondering how to go about getting the setlists. Who writes those things, anyway? heh.

Any pics of the poster for this show?

Yeah, I was just hanging around until a stage guy came out to start to clean up and I asked him if I could get a setlist and he grabbed one and gave it to me. It's not as impressive as I hoped. Anyone could replicate it on Word. I was hoping there would be some markings on it from the guys. Oh well, it's still cool to me.

I didn't get a poster so I don't have a picture of it. But I know it was long rather than tall.

stank

Postby stank » Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:28 am

Picture time. Like I said, my pics during the concert were terrible.
Me and Bret:
Me and Jemaine:
My buddy Brian and Jemaine (he did that on purpose):
My autographed items:

mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby mockingbird » Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:38 am

Nice pics, Stank!

I particularly like how your t-shirt actually appears to be yelling angrily at B & J (but especially B) :lol: You both look so calm but your t-shirt is clearly annoyed! *tsk* Steve.

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:43 pm

Thanks so much stank for your account of the show and pictures! LOL at that girl being filmed! :lol: Great t-shirt by the way! And good job on getting the setlist even though it wasn't as impressive as you'd hoped ;).

Found a set of photos on flickr which includes pics of the marriage proposal:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/celeste76/ ... 232354797/
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

Bad Atom
The "Play Whatever You Want!" Guy

Postby Bad Atom » Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:39 pm

Hey, your pictures are great. Believe me, I've seen plenty of crappy ones.

"You Don't Have to Be a Prostitute" was on the set list? Aw, man, if they had played that at our shows...

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:41 pm

Bad Atom wrote:Hey, your pictures are great. Believe me, I've seen plenty of crappy ones.

"You Don't Have to Be a Prostitute" was on the set list? Aw, man, if they had played that at our shows...

Let me finished that sentence: Kelly would have squealed :)

Bad Atom
The "Play Whatever You Want!" Guy

Postby Bad Atom » Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:48 pm

Venus wrote:Found a set of photos on flickr which includes pics of the marriage proposal:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/celeste76/ ... 232354797/

The best part of those pictures is the tag "germane".

Carol
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby Carol » Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:47 pm

Ha! I noticed that too, bad atom.
Germane invites us to check out his sugalumps.

That's sad! :roll: (Unless she was just kidding.)

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:32 pm

Aww - he didn't shave! Hopefully no one else touched it so I can still say I was the last one to have touched it :roll2:

stank

Postby stank » Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:49 pm

Here's what I did with my autograph, pictures and set list.

Return to “2009 Tour Archives”