Calling all Chicagoans

The place where all the 2009 North American Tour is now living. Gig threads, pre and post gig threads, meet and greets, the works. All found here.
Val2150
Stop touching the monkeys

Re: Calling all Chicagoans

Postby Val2150 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:32 pm

I did ask but didn't want her brother (who is also a huge fan) to feel left out so gave them both tickets. Tbh I kind of spoiled it for myself by reading all the reviews and watching all the videos from the shows so far anyway, and I knew they'd have a great time since they really wanted to go, so I'm ok with it.
"You do not choose sexy. Sexy chooses you." -mohumbai mania

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:41 pm

You are a much better person than I, that's for sure!

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:05 pm

From Twitter

@WesleyStace Off to Chicago to guest with @eugenemirman at the flight of the conchords show. Not flying Delta.

I've never heard of him, but hopefully people going tonight will have :lol:

tvldiva
Feeling much better now...

Postby tvldiva » Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:25 pm

I remember John Wesley Harding from the early 90's. He had a couple of small hits but he came along right before grunge, so his pop/folk music was all but drowned out. Here is a snippet from his Wikipedia page-

Wesley Stace (born 22 October 1965) is a folk/pop singer-songwriter who goes by the stage name John Wesley Harding and who has called his style of music "folk noir" and "gangsta folk". Under his real name, he has recently written two bestselling novels.

He was born in Hastings, East Sussex, England. His given name, Wesley, comes from John Wesley, the founder of Methodism, who preached one of his last sermons in the town where Harding was born.

Why don't you accept me as your God!?

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:18 pm

tvldiva wrote:I remember John Wesley Harding from the early 90's. He had a couple of small hits but he came along right before grunge, so his pop/folk music was all but drowned out. Here is a snippet from his Wikipedia page-

Wesley Stace (born 22 October 1965) is a folk/pop singer-songwriter who goes by the stage name John Wesley Harding and who has called his style of music "folk noir" and "gangsta folk". Under his real name, he has recently written two bestselling novels.

He was born in Hastings, East Sussex, England. His given name, Wesley, comes from John Wesley, the founder of Methodism, who preached one of his last sermons in the town where Harding was born.

Hmm interesting! No idea who he is but I hope people who're going to see him enjoy his act.

Aww Val you are such a generous person. You should really try to go to a show if you can :)
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

tvldiva
Feeling much better now...

Postby tvldiva » Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:17 am

Just saw this on John Wesley Harding's tweet-
Have mustered a memorable Delta chorus: Mekon Jon Langford, Mike the Conchords manager & Neil, their cellist. Thought: too well rehearsed?

I sure hope this means they are playing something at the show. If they are, you are all lucky bastards. Jon Langford(formally of the Mekons/now of the Waco Brothers) is totally awesome!
Why don't you accept me as your God!?

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:25 am

The name is Nigel, dude. Tsk tsk! :tsk:

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:41 pm

I've moved the gig talk to the Chicago gig thread, so continue with it over there :)

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=2354

Return to “2009 Tour Archives”