At the next meet and greet, you should ask...?

The place where all the 2009 North American Tour is now living. Gig threads, pre and post gig threads, meet and greets, the works. All found here.
prettyrobyngirl
Registered Rhymnecologist

At the next meet and greet, you should ask...?

Postby prettyrobyngirl » Fri May 01, 2009 1:13 am

Jemaine, when are going to start your new tv project with Taika?

Bret, when will the video kid make his return?

Are you going to include the half footage of the Bus Driver Song onto the DVD?

What is YOUR favourite conchord's episode? Favourite song to play? Favourite music video from the show? Season three? Another tour? Christmas special?

With half the tour over, we have heard some interesting information from the boys... like how the Bus Driver Song didn't make it because they only had part of the footage. I am wondering, if you had one question to ask each of them, what would it be?

And hey, maybe all you shy folk out there can get some back up ideas in case you get a little tongue-tied in front of all that awesomeness when you get your chance!
Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination.

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Re: At the next meet and greet, you should ask...?

Postby vmh » Fri May 01, 2009 1:23 am

Excellent topic! I was going to ask Jemaine if he knows when the release date of Gentlemen Broncos will be. I've been reading May 2009 but May is approaching.
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Fri May 01, 2009 1:24 am

You've covered most of the questions I had, Robyn! I really want another tour next year or the year after...I'd probably ask if they were planning to come back (even though Jemaine has said on several occasions throughout this tour that they'd be back) - and if so, if it would be months, years, or decades down the road. Not that they'd know NOW - but I don't think I'll get over my hump of PLCDS (Post Live Conchordian Depression Syndrome) until I know what kind of time frame we're looking at for the next tour.

Bad Atom
The "Play Whatever You Want!" Guy

Postby Bad Atom » Fri May 01, 2009 3:41 am

If I didn't already take up enough of their time with my game and whatnot, I wanted to ask them if they're worried about losing their NZ accents if they stay in America too long.

tvldiva
Feeling much better now...

Postby tvldiva » Fri May 01, 2009 3:46 am

OH..bus driver song. That's one I would really like to know. I know some have expressed that they were pleased that they didn't included the actual song but I think they came up short on that one. The entire show was a perfect setup for the song then..... nothing. Cruel, I tell ya. Love that song so much.
Why don't you accept me as your God!?

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Fri May 01, 2009 3:48 am

Bad Atom wrote:If I didn't already take up enough of their time with my game and whatnot, I wanted to ask them if they're worried about losing their NZ accents if they stay in America too long.

Speaking of the game - I played S1 and I'm stuck on the Business Time level :? I knew this would happen - didn't I tell you this would happen!? :lol:

Corrine
Consistently Mediocre

Postby Corrine » Fri May 01, 2009 4:18 am

I'd like to know if they would consider including a commentary on their DVD. That's one of my favorite things about any DVD, and was sad there wasn't one on the first series. Sadly, I doubt I will ever meet them. I suppose if I really did meet them, I would say "Thank you for making me laugh. It has been very healing."

tvldiva
Feeling much better now...

Postby tvldiva » Fri May 01, 2009 6:22 am

Corrine wrote:I'd like to know if they would consider including a commentary on their DVD. That's one of my favorite things about any DVD, and was sad there wasn't one on the first series. Sadly, I doubt I will ever meet them. I suppose if I really did meet them, I would say "Thank you for making me laugh. It has been very healing."

That's a great one! I will put that one on my list for sure. That was the biggest disapointment of the last DVD, absolutely no extras. Come on, what's up with that?
Why don't you accept me as your God!?

ardy
Redheads not warheads

Postby ardy » Fri May 01, 2009 6:25 am

i'm thinking there will be "extras" on the release of season 2...
here's hoping :)

perhaps the release of season 1 was a bit rushed and was
done to meet deadlines...i'm sure with the success of everything
there'll be more care releasing season 2...more attention to details...
...Detroit - City of Tomorrow...

take this sinking boat and point it home..we've still got time...

Whambi
Half a shapely halibut

Postby Whambi » Fri May 01, 2009 8:31 am

tvldiva wrote:
ardy wrote:i'm thinking there will be "extras" on the release of season 2...
here's hoping :)

perhaps the release of season 1 was a bit rushed and was
done to meet deadlines...i'm sure with the success of everything
there'll be more care releasing season 2...more attention to details...
That was the biggest disapointment of the last DVD, absolutely no extras. Come on, what's up with that?

That was exactly what I asked Bret last May in Milwaukee, he said HBO had rushed it out. He said they'd probably release a deluxe set with outtakes. He said "we had some really good ones" (he chuckled so adorably when he said that)

Can't wait to see out takes from Season Two. Heck, they should just release a 3rd DVD with all outtakes. I'd buy it!

I'd like to ask, who got to keep which props from the set? Who gets the dog portraits? Or........is HBO holding it all just in case there might be a Season 3 or reunion show :pray:
If I did I'd hold you tight into every single night & we'd fall asleep together & we'd wake up in the sunlight. Well, maybe I'm a dreamer, but, maybe one day you'll see, that dreams are......
......Yeah, yeah she gets it, stop cockblocking me!

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Fri May 01, 2009 3:15 pm

Corrine wrote:I suppose if I really did meet them, I would say "Thank you for making me laugh. It has been very healing."
That's a lovely thing to say.

I can't be arsed to remember things to ask them. Both times I had a few questions in my mind but they went right out the window when the reality of them standing in front of me hit.
90% evil
ImageImage

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Fri May 01, 2009 3:43 pm

SheWolf wrote:
Corrine wrote:I suppose if I really did meet them, I would say "Thank you for making me laugh. It has been very healing."
That's a lovely thing to say.

I can't be arsed to remember things to ask them. Both times I had a few questions in my mind but they went right out the window when the reality of them standing in front of me hit.

Same. I'm amazed I remained standing or didn't puke on Jemaine's lovely shoes. I'm not usually star struck either. It's just something about actually having them right in front of you that just shocked me more than anything.

Corrine
Consistently Mediocre

Postby Corrine » Fri May 01, 2009 4:44 pm

I was just wondering, do they seem to genuinely enjoy meeting the fans? I imagine it can be very tiresome for them, and maybe a bit weird. Although, I suppose if they really didn't want to meet fans, they wouldn't, since people would come to their performances whether they did a meet and greet or not. I just read that article that Sherry just posted, where Bret said it can be creepy meeting fans. (Although maybe he's just talking about "Mel" fans.) Anyway, I hope his feelings are the exception, not the rule. I think one thing that would keep me from ever going to one of those meet and greets would be that fear that I'd be making them feel uncomfortable.

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Fri May 01, 2009 6:38 pm

+Corrine- they did. :) They didn't seem to want to rush on to the next fan, they looked you in the eye and were exceedingly gracious- that's the one word that stays in the forefront of my mind to describe them at our m&g. The only time we could tell Bret wanted to leave was after he'd thought he was done- he told us how extremely tired he was and you could see it in his eyes. Jemaine came out about 40 minutes after Bret and we figured he'd been napping because he was very refreshed-looking, animated and even in the face of a clingy, obnoxious fan- super-gracious.

I imagine it gets tiresome night after night knowing how "wanted" you are by people who don't even know you. But it's something that comes with their fame and popularity and the fact that they indulge us just reinforces how awesome they are. I like to think that at each meet and greet they've met a majority of polite fans who've made them laugh, given them something they genuinely like and maybe given them a comment or 3 to remember. It's the grabby-ass nasty fans who lend that creepiness factor, I think.

Whambi wrote:Can't wait to see out takes from Season Two. Heck, they should just release a 3rd DVD with all outtakes. I'd buy it!

Oh! Me too! We love outtakes, alwys watch extras of every movie looking for them, FotC outtakes would be a riot! :D
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

Corrine
Consistently Mediocre

Postby Corrine » Fri May 01, 2009 10:48 pm

LauraK wrote:+Corrine- they did. :) They didn't seem to want to rush on to the next fan, they looked you in the eye and were exceedingly gracious- that's the one word that stays in the forefront of my mind to describe them at our m&g. The only time we could tell Bret wanted to leave was after he'd thought he was done- he told us how extremely tired he was and you could see it in his eyes. Jemaine came out about 40 minutes after Bret and we figured he'd been napping because he was very refreshed-looking, animated and even in the face of a clingy, obnoxious fan- super-gracious.

It's the grabby-ass nasty fans who lend that creepiness factor, I think.

That's interesting that they came out separately. I wouldn't have expected that. Were there many people there when you met them? Were there many grabby-ass nasty fans, or were most well behaved? Did they have to be surrounded by security, or was it a fairly calm atmosphere? I'm glad that they actually take the time to meet fans and look them in the eye and talk to them. I guess that means that they probably do enjoy it, because they really wouldn't have to, especially if they are not comfortable with it. So, maybe there is a part of them that still enjoys it. Looking at their tour schedule I thought it was a bit sad that they didn't get much time between gigs. It must be exhausting.

Return to “2009 Tour Archives”