April 26 - Madison, Wisconsin

The place where all the 2009 North American Tour is now living. Gig threads, pre and post gig threads, meet and greets, the works. All found here.
mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Re: April 26 - Madison, Wisconsin

Postby mockingbird » Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:05 am

LauraK wrote:"It's a beautiful day for my sug-a-lumps
a beautiful day to check out my rump
would you be mine?
could you be mine?
Come check out my britches..."

HA! So funny, and yet so disturbing... Poor Fred is rolling over in his grave.

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:40 am

We need some more pics from this show. Didn't I read that he doffed the cardigan? helgecko is looking to see Jemaine in just the t-shirt....anyone have a link? *pretty-please?* :pray:
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

Whambi
Half a shapely halibut

Postby Whambi » Mon May 04, 2009 7:33 am

I didn't even know that I had this clip. Short but sweet...enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1evy8i4VVc
If I did I'd hold you tight into every single night & we'd fall asleep together & we'd wake up in the sunlight. Well, maybe I'm a dreamer, but, maybe one day you'll see, that dreams are......
......Yeah, yeah she gets it, stop cockblocking me!

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Mon May 04, 2009 8:05 am

:clap: Another great Sugalumps clip from Whambi! Very nice...love that little dance Jem did at the end... :lol:
I think I saw another clip of this but from an angle- Thanks!
ImageImage

yvettiefred
Giving the paper to the people

Postby yvettiefred » Wed May 06, 2009 2:28 pm

:( I used to live in Madison, so wish I could have gone to this show!! they need to tour Australia next!!! sounds like it'll be the UK tho.

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Mon May 18, 2009 4:24 pm

O forgot to post this email a fan sent in. Better late than never. She sent in some cool pics also which will be on the pics pages soon.

Hi there,

I was checking out your website and saw that you were interested in people emailing photos of the Concords and any interesting experiences at their shows. Well, I attended their show in Madison, WI and have attached a couple good photos of the guys. My favorite one is of Jemaine with myself, Jenny Bellrichard, and my boyfriend, Jarod Siefker. He was obviously super excited to see us. hahaha.

Anyway, I have one interesting story about the show. I was lucky enough to be there when the guys' bus pulled up. It was myself and two other fans standing there. Bret was the first to exit. I thought the turnout to greet them was a little pathetic, so I yelled out a cheer for Bret. Anway, he came over to the three of us and asked if we'd like some gifts. Of course we all agreed that that would be good. I'm not sure what Bret gave the two guys, but he gave me a jar of stuff called "flarp." It's a gooey substance that makes farting noises, I guess (apparently you can get it at Target for $1). The best part about this gift, though, is that after Bret gave it to me, he said that another fan had given it to him, but he didn't want it. Bret's a regifter. I told him that was really thoughtful of him to come with gifts...unfortunately it was from another fan. I suppose there's a lesson in this: don't give Bret McKenzie cheap gifts. He's too fancy of a man. lol.

Also, just thought I'd let you know Jemaine likes it when you call him "rugged." I said that he looked "even more rugged in person" as he walked away and he gave a little smile and chuckle. He seemed bummed when he got off the bus, so I tried to cheer him up. I think it worked.

Well, I hope that was interesting enough for your fantastic webiste. Sorry if those were boring stories and pictures...I tried. lol.

Thanks for reading!

Jenny

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Mon May 18, 2009 5:56 pm

Nice! It made me laugh....so thanks, Jenny. Looking forward to seeing her pics.

(Glad I didn't give the guys and dollar store gifts....) :rolleyes:
ImageImage

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Mon May 18, 2009 6:24 pm

Bret being a regifter made me giggle.
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Mon May 18, 2009 6:50 pm

Haha thanks Jenny for sending that in! Good to know that Jemaine likes to be called 'rugged' and Bret is a regifter, what a guy :lol:
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

songbird
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby songbird » Mon May 18, 2009 10:05 pm

I LOVE the fact that Bret is a regifter. I should've known :lol:
"We're addressing the issues but we're keeping it funky."

Image Image

Return to “2009 Tour Archives”