At the next meet and greet, you should ask...?

The place where all the 2009 North American Tour is now living. Gig threads, pre and post gig threads, meet and greets, the works. All found here.
deliriumtree
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Re: At the next meet and greet, you should ask...?

Postby deliriumtree » Sat May 02, 2009 1:40 am

SheWolf wrote:I can't be arsed to remember things to ask them. Both times I had a few questions in my mind but they went right out the window when the reality of them standing in front of me hit.

This is why I want to hand them a typed up note with everything I want to say next time! lol
"Hey Ya'll, I'm destroying your city!" And the Bret and Jemaine angels looked on in approval.

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Sat May 02, 2009 1:41 am

I can't exactly speak for Laura, but I was at the same m&g so I can tell you what I noticed. I think Jemaine was napping because honestly, they just did two shows in one night. It was after 2 am at this point, and they had a show the next night. It was incredibly sweet of them to come out anyway. There weren't many of us out there (40 tops), and my overall impression of the fans out there that night was incredibly polite and well behaved. We were all out on the sidewalk talking with our 'inside' voices - some even whispering! There were MAYBE two rude fans. One of them was obviously drunk and clung onto Jemaine and completely monopolized him. But he was kind and patient with her - much more than I could've been in his shoes. At this point it was going on 3 am. The other wasn't exactly rude, she was just way loud and obnoxious. But overall at our m&g everyone was very well behaved, grateful and polite to the guys. And they were just awesome to all of us.

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Sat May 02, 2009 4:05 am

Yup....I think it's more rare of them to come out separately. Most of the M&G's I've read about they come out together or very close to it and they each work a side of the crowd. At some, there have been barriers but you almost can't see them in the pics because they're so good about leaning over and in for the pics. :)
I read some people say that they waited for a Jemaine sig and pic, and then ran over to get in the line for Bret. :)
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Sat May 02, 2009 4:14 am

I also love at the Detroit m&g how laid back it was as far as security goes. It was just them and us, standing on the sidewalk (and at some points out in the deserted street), chewing the fat together, signing stuff and taking pictures. When Bret came out there was one security guy tailing him, but no barriers at all. By the time Jemaine came out, the security guy just stood behind the fence and kept watch. It was SO laid back...

Bad Atom
The "Play Whatever You Want!" Guy

Postby Bad Atom » Sat May 02, 2009 4:19 am

Yes, we got lucky - no barrier, no nothing. One little security dude. And in scary downtown Detroit, no less. :) I've met a number of famous folks and Bret and Jemaine are hands-down the nicest. They are genuine, which is the highest compliment I can give someone. I couldn't send them a MySpace thank-you note fast enough. Followed by a slightly longer thank-you email. :wink:

As long as you're not rude, monopolizing and/or drunk, they will take their time to talk to you, and listen. So don't be afraid to ask a question. Or even two.

Corrine
Consistently Mediocre

Postby Corrine » Sat May 02, 2009 8:40 pm

Wow, that's great to hear. How did people even know where to be? Did you have to wait a long time after the show was over? I was thinking maybe they wait until most people leave and just the dedicated fans are left over to say "Hi". It's good to know that people were well behaved.

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Sat May 02, 2009 9:05 pm

There was only 1 way out on the sidestreet of the theater. There was more than 1 door but their buses were locked in the fenced-in yard, so everyone just gravitated over there. Like Kelly said- it was either come out and say hi or run us all over trying to leave. :lol:

Since our show started at 11 pm (I think it started late tho due to the out and then in again rush) it was about 1:30 when we got out there and I think it was about 30 minutes only until Bret came out. When he went to his bus, we waited an additional 30-40 and Jemaine came out.

I'd have waited hours. :) We all would have.
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

prettyrobyngirl
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby prettyrobyngirl » Sat May 02, 2009 9:42 pm

Oh, I am so happy this thread is popular! It just makes me want to meet them both more and more. Here's another question for you vintage fans...

What bits and pieces of interesting information have you found out through these meet and greets from last tour?

Like the season one extras bit, or the Bus Driver Song having some footage out there meant for that episode. That stuff is fan GOLD.

Also, does Jemaine actually read the myspace? I have heard that he is the one that does the site, but that is a lot of work for one man with a busy schedule. Speaking of which, Dandy is in the Top 40 Friends! So nice to see one of the WTFers alongside the likes of Arj, Kristin, Demetri and others from the Conchord world! Bravo! :clap:
Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination.

Bad Atom
The "Play Whatever You Want!" Guy

Postby Bad Atom » Sun May 03, 2009 4:27 am

Crap, I should have asked Jemaine to put me in his top friends... :bang:

dandy lyons
Consistently Mediocre

Postby dandy lyons » Sun May 03, 2009 4:42 am

Bad Atom wrote:Crap, I should have asked Jemaine to put me in his top friends... :bang:

:oops: I actually never asked to be put in the Top Friends. I left a comment last summer congratulating them on something and happened to mention that Liam Finn looked lonely all by himself on the last row. Next thing I knew I got a message back saying that Liam would be fine now and there I was. :lol: I reckon Jemaine was in a silly mood when he read my comment.
Gar·funk·ling (verb) Funky cuddling with the candles twinkling.

prettyrobyngirl
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby prettyrobyngirl » Sun May 03, 2009 7:26 pm

dandy lyons wrote:
Bad Atom wrote:Crap, I should have asked Jemaine to put me in his top friends... :bang:

:oops: I actually never asked to be put in the Top Friends. I left a comment last summer congratulating them on something and happened to mention that Liam Finn looked lonely all by himself on the last row. Next thing I knew I got a message back saying that Liam would be fine now and there I was. :lol: I reckon Jemaine was in a silly mood when he read my comment.

Jemaine messaged you... DIRECTLY! He must have made your day, week, and potentially month!!! How lovely.

Just one more week lady. I cannot wait to hear your recap about the Vancouver show!!!!
Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination.

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Mon May 04, 2009 3:58 pm

Bad Atom wrote:Yes, we got lucky - no barrier, no nothing. One little security dude. And in scary downtown Detroit, no less. :)

I believe LA was the only place where there was a barrier last year and word was the security guys were dicks too so that may have had something to do with the barrier. I was surprised to see a barrier at a few of the early shows this tour, generally there are no barriers and personally I wouldnt' want to see them at all if there were.

Corrine, if you look through the tour threads they are filled with detailed meet and greet stuff - all of your questions answered there and some.
90% evil
ImageImage

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Mon May 04, 2009 4:01 pm

dandy lyons wrote:
I actually never asked to be put in the Top Friends. I left a comment last summer congratulating them on something and happened to mention that Liam Finn looked lonely all by himself on the last row. Next thing I knew I got a message back saying that Liam would be fine now and there I was. :lol: I reckon Jemaine was in a silly mood when he read my comment.
That's cute. I've heard of him doing little things like that before. The other day I asked to see one of the pics they took at Radio City & voila the next day it was there. :)
90% evil
ImageImage

poptartgirl
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby poptartgirl » Mon May 04, 2009 4:11 pm

Why do otherwise normal people lose their cool and composure around you ? :P :hrm: :lol:
“We tell you lies, and if you laugh, they’re jokes.”

"all I wanted to say is "May I rock you ?"

stank
Giving the paper to the people

Postby stank » Mon May 04, 2009 4:22 pm

I asked Bret about their appearance on Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job! and he seemed excited that I asked about it.

Return to “2009 Tour Archives”