May 5, Nokia Theatre, Dallas TX

The place where all the 2009 North American Tour is now living. Gig threads, pre and post gig threads, meet and greets, the works. All found here.
mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

May 5, Nokia Theatre, Dallas TX

Postby mockingbird » Tue May 05, 2009 3:41 pm

I hope someone comes along and posts some goodies from the show. Is anyone from here going?

tvldiva
Feeling much better now...

Re: May 5, Nokia Theatre, Dallas TX

Postby tvldiva » Tue May 05, 2009 9:40 pm

Has anyone heard if JP is going to this show??
Why don't you accept me as your God!?

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Wed May 06, 2009 3:56 am

tvldiva wrote:Has anyone heard if JP is going to this show??

JP as in JP Richardson!? Big Bopper's son!? Cause I'll die if this is so

Die.

dandy lyons
Consistently Mediocre

Postby dandy lyons » Wed May 06, 2009 5:38 am

kellysouthpaw wrote:
tvldiva wrote:Has anyone heard if JP is going to this show??

JP as in JP Richardson!? Big Bopper's son!? Cause I'll die if this is so

Die.

LOL!!!

I'm thinking it's JP "The One Guy". (haven't heard)
Gar·funk·ling (verb) Funky cuddling with the candles twinkling.

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Wed May 06, 2009 8:52 am

From Twitter, some random comments

macccccc flight of the conchords was awesome tonight
about 2 hours ago from twhirl

alexfloresxxl - just got back from the FLIGHT OF THE CONCHORDS...YES IT WAS SUPER DUPER
about 2 hours ago from web

Kaycieface just got back from flight of the conchords. Not gonna lie, the comedian that opened for them was my favorite part. It was all awesome though

GabeGuevara just saw FLIGHT OF THE CONCHORDS with @kayloveleigh and yes, they did play "Abli the racist dragon" and it was beautiful!

thespacebar Just got back from Flight of the Conchords! Awesome show, lots of fun. See 'em if they come to your lil' corner of the world.

NathanDilla RT @SimpleCap: Flight of the Conchords tonight. :) http://twitpic.com/4n4v7 It was cool running into you at the show. #FOTC were great!
about 3 hours ago from Tweetie

theotheraaron Flight of the conchords show was awesome! http://twitpic.com/4nagw

alyfleet loovvved the flight of the conchords show. "swine flu is one of the issues. somebody get those pigs some tissues."
about 3 hours ago from web

cabarette FLIGHT OF THE CONCHORDS FTMFW. Holycrapitwasamazing.
about 3 hours ago from web

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Wed May 06, 2009 8:55 am

Ok this one has me curious :lol:

Kimjangles The Flight of the Conchords concert was great! Seeing Jemaine perform shirtless and shake his suga lumps simply made my day.
about 3 hours ago from twitterrific

LSully9
Getting lewd with the food

Postby LSully9 » Wed May 06, 2009 1:36 pm

:shock: Really?!?! I wonder if it was that funky jacket thing that he wore the other day... :hrm: I can't imagine he would go totally shirtless... But then, to do it during that song?! :thud:
Two struggling musicians, living in poverty and despair, selling their...instruments.

Amanda
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby Amanda » Wed May 06, 2009 1:37 pm

Sherry wrote:Kimjangles The Flight of the Conchords concert was great! Seeing Jemaine perform shirtless and shake his suga lumps simply made my day.
about 3 hours ago from twitterrific

C'mon people..Jemaine is much more than just a hot, God-like, swoonworthy, athletic body..

:blush:

..what was I saying?..oh, yeah..so much more.. :nod:
But if you did I'd hold you tight / Into every single night
And we'd fall asleep together / And we'd wake up in the sunlight
Well, maybe I'm a dreamer / But maybe one day you'll see / That dreams are...

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Wed May 06, 2009 1:43 pm

LSully9 wrote::shock: Really?!?! I wonder if it was that funky jacket thing that he wore the other day... :hrm: I can't imagine he would go totally shirtless... But then, to do it during that song?! :thud:

No idea. It was only a few hours old and in amongst all the Dallas tweets about the gig. Guess we have to wait and see.

I've put out a shout on Twitter for more details anyways :waiting:

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Wed May 06, 2009 1:46 pm

Review: Flight of the Conchords soars in Metroplex debut
Preston Jones
GRAND PRAIRIE -- If folk-pop pair Simon and Garfunkel starred in a cult hit TV series, hailed from New Zealand, sang earnestly about racist dragons, rapped about rhinos and looked smashing in homemade robot costumes, there's an outside chance they could be mistaken for fellow folkers Flight of the Conchords.

Well, maybe not entirely: "Why so many condom shops, Dallas?" asked Bret McKenzie, one half of the self-described "digi-folk humorist" duo, not long after coming onstage. "We've been traveling for a month and we've never seen so many condom shops."

When is the last time you heard Paul Simon ponder that aloud?

McKenzie and Jemaine Clement, the comics who perform as Flight of the Conchords, made their north Texas debut Tuesday night before a raucous, sold-out Nokia Theatre.

Wielding, at various points, acoustic guitars, electric pianos, electric guitars and a tiny drum kit, McKenzie and Clement spent nearly two hours indulging a vocal audience with future classics like The Most Beautiful Girl (in the Room), Carol Brown, Business Time and Think About It (with its oh-so-timely nod to swine flu: "These pigs have issues/Can we get them some tissues?").

With only “Nigel,” a supposed member of the New Zealand Symphony Orchestra to back them -- Clement explained the Conchords had been touring with a larger contingent, but "budgetary cutbacks" had slimmed the organization -- the Conchords repeatedly demonstrated the droll, easy-going charm that's marked their two seasons on HBO.

Most of the evening’s more amusing moments are, sadly, unprintable in a family newspaper. Still, these Conchords made it all look utterly effortless, delivering, in the process, one of the best shows – musical or comedic -- so far this year.

Source

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Wed May 06, 2009 2:14 pm

90% evil
ImageImage

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Wed May 06, 2009 3:03 pm

No meet and greet apparently at this one. This may well signal the end of them for the tour if their management is worried about swine flu.

No Robots, but they did perform Bowie. Crowd well behaved also.

From @elenadavis on Twitter.

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Wed May 06, 2009 3:19 pm

Sounds like a great show! :)

SheWolf- those are some great photos- thanks for that link! Looks like Bret found himself a pimp-daddy coat (and headband??) to go with Jemaine's man-ho outfit... :lol:
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

mockingbird

Postby mockingbird » Wed May 06, 2009 3:21 pm

Sherry wrote:No meet and greet apparently at this one. This may well signal the end of them for the tour if their management is worried about swine flu.

:(

mockingbird

Postby mockingbird » Wed May 06, 2009 3:28 pm

SheWolf, thanks for the link - there are some great pictures of Jemaine in there. :drool: (And probably a few of Bret as well... he was there too, wasn't he? :hrm: :lol:)

Seriously - that picture at the end of Bret in his "outfit" was very nice. :clap: Where do you even find a full length zebra coat to go with your zebra spandex pants??? David Lee Roth must have had a yard sale. :lol:

Return to “2009 Tour Archives”