May 10th Show In Vancouver!!

The place where all the 2009 North American Tour is now living. Gig threads, pre and post gig threads, meet and greets, the works. All found here.
LauraK
Boom King!

Re: May 10th Show In Vancouver!!

Postby LauraK » Tue May 12, 2009 3:25 pm

Corrine- yep, they did indeed say it. "Oh, we'll be back..." :) They've said it at other M&G's too, so my fingers are crossed that we'll get to see them again/for the first time!

Jack, I'm really sorry you couldn't get in. At least there are tons of videos of the shows to watch....I know that's cold comfort but it's sure better than not being able to see them other than on the tv, eh?

Cheer up Jack!
Don't let it get you down
Pick yourself up off the ground
It's gonna be alright
Cheer up Jack
You look a little sad
Your life ain't so bad
Just think of all the good times
You've got all your limbs
You make good videos
Well, tomorrow is another day...:D
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

Dragonflie
New arrival

Postby Dragonflie » Tue May 12, 2009 6:34 pm

Hey guys,

I am trying to post some pics but I can't get the pictures to load??

As soon as I figure it out I'll post some.

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Tue May 12, 2009 6:56 pm

jackvancouver wrote:Hey people of WhatTheFolk, My name's Jack Zhang. I was the guy out front of the Centre holding the sign that says "Will Perform FOTC Songs for Spare Tickets". I was in a Insomniac Games shirt and using a Canon HV30 HDTV camcorder on a tripod. You might recall that on the 08 tour, a LA fan held a sign saying "Will Dance Robot For Spare Tickets". I was very much inspired by that.

I'm glad that all that got in had a good time. I unfortunately didn't since I didn't get in.

But I saw you Dandy, and even filmed you taking a picture. I have filmed the whole adventure that I had that day (in HD) and posted it on Vimeo (edited the first 2 Jemaine pics posted by M-DOG in this thread into my video.)

I wept all night after heading home after the show started and no one had tickets for me, only one kind samaritan said "Maybe". :'(

I have no idea how much sympathy people here would have for me (I guess is very little), But I consider myself one of the hardcore fans and not getting in is true heartbreak.

I think I need a hug...

Oh Jack, I'm so sorry to hear you didn't get a ticket in the end. :goodman: Did you see someone asking about you on the Flight of the Conchords facebook fanpage? Read the caption. Link: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3 ... 515&ref=mf

Looks like you obviously made an impression on the fans at least :)
Don't give up though. Let's hope your time comes soon :)
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

sergejg
New arrival

Postby sergejg » Tue May 12, 2009 7:11 pm

Im glad that you guys liked my video of Bret falling down during Sugalumps, its amazing that dragonfly (the girl that Bret invites on stage and later gets in trouble) found herself there, lol.

I also uploaded a video of the opening song (with dave singing his part!) here :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdMvJCzDJcA

Im still surprised of how good the concert was. Definitely funnier than on the tv! (and they are already hilarious on the show!). I got my tickets 4 days before the show on ticketmaster website, which was a miracle taking into consideration that they sold out during the presale. My tickets were in the third row right in the center! From what I've heard I think even some people that bought them on the presale didn't manage to get such a good place. If only they didn't had that stupid orchestra pit that made them another couple of rows further away.

I feel like the setlist was almost perfect, but I would have traded hurt feelings and bus driver song for Carol Brown and Ladies in the World. Its such an honor that they wrote too many dicks based on a real experience here in Vancouver! although I have always thought the male-female ratio here is actually very favorable for us guys, hehehe.

Does anyone has a pic of the dolphin painting that we passed to them at the end? it was hilarious. I managed to get 2 of their guitar pics when the show eneded but they don't have anything special, they are just regular turtle brand orange guitar pics :(

I didn't waited long enough to see the guys after the show, but I did see Dave and took an amazing picture with him there, he should have a spin off tv show just about him and his pawn shop adventures, lol:

Serge

jackvancouver
New arrival

Postby jackvancouver » Tue May 12, 2009 10:54 pm

LauraK wrote:Corrine- yep, they did indeed say it. "Oh, we'll be back..." :) They've said it at other M&G's too, so my fingers are crossed that we'll get to see them again/for the first time!

Jack, I'm really sorry you couldn't get in. At least there are tons of videos of the shows to watch....I know that's cold comfort but it's sure better than not being able to see them other than on the tv, eh?

Cheer up Jack!
It's gonna be alright
Cheer up Jack
You look a little sad
Your life ain't so bad
You make good videos

Thanks for the adaptation of "Cheer Up, Murray" for me. That was heartwarming.

Did you see someone asking about you on the Flight of the Conchords facebook fanpage? Read the caption.

I'm not signed up on Facebook, you mind posting a screenshot of the page or something else?

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Wed May 13, 2009 12:19 am

jackvancouver wrote:
LauraK wrote:Corrine- yep, they did indeed say it. "Oh, we'll be back..." :) They've said it at other M&G's too, so my fingers are crossed that we'll get to see them again/for the first time!

Cheer up Jack!
It's gonna be alright
Cheer up Jack
You look a little sad
Your life ain't so bad
You make good videos

Thanks for the adaptation of "Cheer Up, Murray" for me. That was heartwarming.

Did you see someone asking about you on the Flight of the Conchords facebook fanpage? Read the caption.

I'm not signed up on Facebook, you mind posting a screenshot of the page or something else?

Sure :)

For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

monsterinlove
New arrival

Postby monsterinlove » Wed May 13, 2009 1:39 am

heres a couple more pics if you're interested

"You love the talking stove!
'Aww let's make a cake!"

SuzyBatt
Lucky for me I have a short attention sp ....

Postby SuzyBatt » Wed May 13, 2009 2:01 am

All the pics are so great. I'm so jealous!

Monsterinlove, that last one of you and Jemaine is adorable. What's your band's name, by the way? It's cute that Jemaine got a band-vibe from the three of you. A good sign, I'd think.

And thanks for the videos Serge. That looked like a bit of an awkward second, when Dave broke in. :oops: :lol: Did he come back to do his other part too?

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Wed May 13, 2009 2:02 am

monster- the pic of you and Jemaine is wonderful! I love how he skootched down and the sweet expression on his face. That's another perfectly framable pic!! :D

Who is the other woman? She looks really familiar to me for some reason.....maybe I've seen her in another pic but.....she reminds me of someone. I just don't know who..... (sorry to be weird...)

Jemaine....your awesomeness cannot be contained within that tiny jacket.....
ImageImage

jackvancouver
New arrival

Postby jackvancouver » Wed May 13, 2009 2:03 am

Well, if I were to reply to that caption in the Facebook photo, the answer as you just saw was obviously no.

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Wed May 13, 2009 2:15 am

Yes, thanks Serge! It was a bit awkward for a moment there. :)
(Did he get to do his part- slow-jammed- in Sugalumps?)
ImageImage

SuzyBatt
Lucky for me I have a short attention sp ....

Postby SuzyBatt » Wed May 13, 2009 2:17 am

LauraK wrote:(Did he get to do his part- slow-jammed- in Sugalumps?)

D'oh! :doh:
Of course, I was confused. You're right Laura, I was thinking of Sugalumps! :bang:

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Wed May 13, 2009 2:21 am

jackvancouver wrote:I was expecting a "free" ticket in doing this, since if money is exchanged, it's kind of like scalping. I don't want to be scalper bait.

Understandable. Believe me, I don't want to give my money to scalpers either. I'm hoping that Ticketmaster will still have some good seats available a few days before the show but the closer the event date becomes, the more nervous I get.

I already have my somber song picked out. If I don't get in, you'll find me in Griffith Park, lip synching to Harry Nilsson's Without You.
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Wed May 13, 2009 2:24 am

Oh, Suzy.....I was thinking he had another part in TMD, plus his part in SL. No worries! It'd be cool to see the added flava of Arj out there slow-jammin his Family Jewels to the crowd, Conchords style- :lol:
ImageImage

jackvancouver
New arrival

Postby jackvancouver » Wed May 13, 2009 2:28 am

I now found what inspired me to do what I did here: viewtopic.php?p=20431#p20431

So, Cankersaurous, this was done in honor of you. (Even though I failed)

Return to “2009 Tour Archives”