May 10th Show In Vancouver!!

The place where all the 2009 North American Tour is now living. Gig threads, pre and post gig threads, meet and greets, the works. All found here.
ravenhpltc24
Registered Rhymnecologist

Re: May 10th Show In Vancouver!!

Postby ravenhpltc24 » Wed May 13, 2009 3:02 am

Aww, Jack! Your plight moves me. It's terrible when you're so close... and yet so far. But Laura is right, there are bound to be dozens of clips from the show on youtube in the next couple days.

This one got a chuckle out of me: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COYNhLRn ... re=related
He's gonna wake up in a smoothie.

monsterinlove
New arrival

Postby monsterinlove » Wed May 13, 2009 3:42 am

SuzyBatt wrote:Monsterinlove, that last one of you and Jemaine is adorable. What's your band's name, by the way? It's cute that Jemaine got a band-vibe from the three of you. A good sign, I'd think.

My band's name is Painting With Ella. Yeah, I was so surprised he picked up on that. Maybe it was just a random wild guess but it was still quite flattering.

monster- the pic of you and Jemaine is wonderful! I love how he skootched down and the sweet expression on his face. That's another perfectly framable pic!!

Who is the other woman? She looks really familiar to me for some reason.....maybe I've seen her in another pic but.....she reminds me of someone. I just don't know who..... (sorry to be weird...)

Jemaine....your awesomeness cannot be contained within that tiny jacket.....

Yeah, he looks so sweet in that picture. Haha I just remember standing beside him then I felt him slump down. I was laughing so hard. The other woman is my mom. If you're in the education profession, you may have met her. She travels all over North America to speak at conferences about better teaching stategies and the like. And yes I cannot agree with you more about how Jemaine's awesomeness can't be contained in that little jacket. Haha that is so perfect!
"You love the talking stove!
'Aww let's make a cake!"

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Wed May 13, 2009 3:46 am

Has she ever been to MI and does she ever speak about Autism/Asperger's? I'm not a teacher, just an advocate for my son. :)
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

monsterinlove
New arrival

Postby monsterinlove » Wed May 13, 2009 4:18 am

Is MI michigan? (sorry I'm a canuck I don't know all the abbreviations, America has so many states... :?)
Anyways, she's been to most states and she used to teach special ed, but as far as I know, she doesn't travel to talk about it...
Maybe she just has "one of those faces" (haha!). :wink:
"You love the talking stove!
'Aww let's make a cake!"

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Wed May 13, 2009 4:47 am

You got it, I'm in Michigan. :) Yes, she must have one of those faces.....and that's a good thing. :)
ImageImage

Dragonflie
New arrival

Postby Dragonflie » Wed May 13, 2009 5:32 am

Ok- here's some pics:

Arj on stage
ARJ.jpg

Robots:
Robots.jpg

Regular Guys:
Guys.jpg

Dragonflie
New arrival

Postby Dragonflie » Wed May 13, 2009 5:49 am

And more:

Me and Jemaine:
Jemaine.jpg

Me and Bret:
Bret.jpg

Merchandise (signed undies):
Jem Undies.jpg

jackvancouver
New arrival

Postby jackvancouver » Wed May 13, 2009 5:51 am

Simple poll: How many people here actually saw me that day and knew before I started posting on this thread?

Dragonflie
New arrival

Postby Dragonflie » Wed May 13, 2009 5:55 am

I saw you! My husband and I were hoping you'd get in- if I had an extra ticket I would have given it to you in a flash. We walked by you at about 6 and said sorry.

jackvancouver
New arrival

Postby jackvancouver » Wed May 13, 2009 9:23 am

Would that happen to be the one on the video? It's a few seconds into the Hobo's spoon music performance part of the video.

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Wed May 13, 2009 4:54 pm

Great pics, Dragonflie! I love where Jemaine signed the undies... :lol:
ImageImage

NorthernSoul
New arrival

Postby NorthernSoul » Wed May 13, 2009 5:31 pm

Hey everyone! I'm new, but I was also at the show on Sunday and wanted to share my story too (thought it's not nearly as cool as anyone else's here!).

Dragonflie, I saw you get pulled up by Bret! I remember being insanely jealous :D And he did try to get you in trouble! Cheeky!
Dandy, that is so cool that Jemaine recognized you! Your story by far is the best.
Jack, my friends and I saw you outside too! I thought you were brave and if I had had an extra ticket I totally would have given it to you. You'll get to see them soon! I know it. :D

Anyway, I loved loved loved the show! I was giddy from beginning to end. Arj was fantastic - I'll definitely be catching his HBO show when it comes out! Afterwards, my friends and I waited outside. Two of them left (they didn't want to put up with the rain). But I was determined to stick it out! Bret was so friendly, and he is my favourite, and of course I got totally tongue-tied and couldn't say much :bang:

I had the black-and-white portrait photo of them from the April/May Bust magazine (which I found out about here on WTF!), so Bret signed that and I got a photo with him. I said "Congratulations on your marriage" because I am a TOTAL dork, but he said thank you. Jemaine was holding court near the top of the line, and he asked me if the photo I had was recent and I told him where it was from, and said "I think it really captures your good side" and he chuckled! I made Jemaine laugh! Then this other guy came up and said that his friend was on the phone, and she was at the concert but had to leave. Jemaine took the phone and said "Why'd you leave?" and then was on the phone with this person for about three minutes, while I stood there speechless. I didn't begrudge the guy, but I was still thinking "Um, you interrupted my moment with Jemaine!!!" But after Jemaine hung up, he came back over and I got my photo!

They were both so friendly and I also got Jemaine on video saying hi to my friend, who introduced me to them via a clip of "Bowie". She freaked out when she got it in her email! All in all, it was an amazing experience and now I'm just waiting for the next time they tour so I can hopefully meet them again - and this time, say something better than "Congratulations on your marriage" :doh:

Once I figure out how to post photos, I'll put up a couple!

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Wed May 13, 2009 5:32 pm

Arj has his own HBO show coming out!?

NorthernSoul
New arrival

Postby NorthernSoul » Wed May 13, 2009 5:41 pm

Not his own show - I think he has a special on HBO or something; Jemaine mentioned it in his intro. I could be remembering it wrong though :D

SuzyBatt
Lucky for me I have a short attention sp ....

Postby SuzyBatt » Wed May 13, 2009 5:50 pm

:welcome: Hi Northern Soul!

Thanks for recounting your story. Nice one-liner to Jemaine, had you practised that? Can't wait to see your pics!

Return to “2009 Tour Archives”