May 10th Show In Vancouver!!

The place where all the 2009 North American Tour is now living. Gig threads, pre and post gig threads, meet and greets, the works. All found here.
NorthernSoul
New arrival

Re: May 10th Show In Vancouver!!

Postby NorthernSoul » Wed May 13, 2009 5:55 pm

Sorry for hogging the thread - here are my photos!

Suzy - I hadn't practiced it, it just kind of happened when he asked where the photo was from :D

SuzyBatt
Lucky for me I have a short attention sp ....

Postby SuzyBatt » Wed May 13, 2009 5:58 pm

Aww, those are great! Was Jemaine laughing at what you said? Great that your friend was able to capture that moment and his great reaction!
And I just love your pic with Bret. You're beaming!

NorthernSoul
New arrival

Postby NorthernSoul » Wed May 13, 2009 6:10 pm

Yes, he was laughing at what I said - I definitely remember a chuckle :) And yes, I was so thrilled to meet Bret, hence the huge smile :D

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Wed May 13, 2009 6:13 pm

Adorable!

And don't be sorry for hogging anything! Hehe. We all love stories and photos. It's the next best thing to being at the show.
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Wed May 13, 2009 7:50 pm

NorthernSoul- terrific account!! Hog all you like- we want to know every minute detail.....:)

LOVE the pic of Jemaine reacting to your comment- that's a beautiful, genuine smile. And your pic with Bret is just glowy! Have you framed it yet? You should.

Thanks for the info on Arj- I didn't know that.....another reason I need to get HBO aside from True Blood. :wink:
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

NorthernSoul
New arrival

Postby NorthernSoul » Wed May 13, 2009 8:29 pm

LOVE the pic of Jemaine reacting to your comment- that's a beautiful, genuine smile. And your pic with Bret is just glowy! Have you framed it yet? You should.

Hee! I haven't yet. I want to frame the magazine photo that they signed, so I might try to find a frame that's big enough for that, plus the photos. My boyfriend may not like it up in the house - he always teases me for gazing at the photos so much! I can't help it though :oops:

Jemaine was totally genuine - my friend remarked on that about her video, because he looks right at it, leans in and says "Hi" and smiles and waves. She's over the moon about that :D

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Wed May 13, 2009 9:39 pm

Can we see the video?? You can PM it to me and I swear I won't share it with anyone..... :pray:

The pic of Jemaine and I hugging is taped to the wall in my kitchen....it's my avatar at more places than just here......and it's my Desktop. :) And I'm not going to be embarrassed! :D

Someone here (I'll try and find the pic for you) framed their M&G pics, stage pics, signed pic, and showtix together and it looked great!
ImageImage

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Wed May 13, 2009 9:48 pm

Here you go! Stank's fabulous frame-job:

It's from the Bloomington, Indiana show thread. :)
ImageImage

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Wed May 13, 2009 10:29 pm

I would ALSO love to see that video with Jemaine saying "Hi". He is really genuine - they both are - we're all incredibly spoiled for having them - as I've said before :D

NorthernSoul
New arrival

Postby NorthernSoul » Thu May 14, 2009 12:28 am

LauraK - that is amazing! That's a great frame job. I'll definitely do the same with mine.

I'll PM the video to you once I figure out how to do it :D

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Thu May 14, 2009 12:33 am

Thank you!! :D
ImageImage

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Thu May 14, 2009 12:44 am

Wow thanks Northern Soul for your account and your pictures. Aww picture of Jemaine chuckling is cute and that's a great pic of you and Bret too! :D
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

M-DOG
Giving the paper to the people

Postby M-DOG » Thu May 14, 2009 9:56 am

Hey guys,

Sorry I disappeared for three days. We were visiting my hubby's parents and I couldn't get wireless. I almost DIED.
I don't think I have gone three days without my inter-comfort-zone in several years. It was really scary and I could use some consoling. ;)

As for hugs. Jack...I am sending you a virtual one right...wait for it...NOW. If I had had an extra ticket I would have totally given it to you. Good effort! I love artsy people and lip-synchers (they never get props, same with mime guitarists and I have a fav of those too!)

I am still coming down from cloud 7, 8 & 9 and trying to get back to normal life. I forgot to mention that my friend Amie was the second girl who WOOHOOed and got Jemaines awesome "YOU SHUT-UP!" heckle. She was so thrilled!

I am attaching my picky with Bret, My autographed limited vinyl, and my rockin kiwi scarf that I was beckoned too. My friends are still creeped out that I knew it was there before I found it. I wear it everyday. It will be mid July, me at the beach in Nanaimo. Image : Flip Flops/ Itsy Bitsy Teeny Weeine Yellow ...well you get the idea/ sunscreen/ rockin Tongan Ninja elvis/Jemmy shades and my Kiwi Scarf. I love that the kiwi's eyes are hearts.

Yes. Kiwi Scarf. That is all.
I love Humanity...oh the humanity!

M-DOG
Giving the paper to the people

Postby M-DOG » Thu May 14, 2009 9:57 am

Love M-DOG
I love Humanity...oh the humanity!

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Thu May 14, 2009 5:32 pm

Man....i LOVE that kiwi scarf! That was a score!

Great stuff.....I'm laughing about your friend being thrilled at Jem saying "You Shut Up!"....I probably would have cried! :lol:

You and Steve (who is rocking the Jemaine-style specs, btw) look good together......what's his shirt say? :)

Whew, I can understand the need for the interwebs....I've had withdrawals at going w/o for 24 hours, so 3 days?? :shock:
Glad you made it....:)
ImageImage

Return to “2009 Tour Archives”