May 10th Show In Vancouver!!

The place where all the 2009 North American Tour is now living. Gig threads, pre and post gig threads, meet and greets, the works. All found here.
M-DOG
Giving the paper to the people

Re: May 10th Show In Vancouver!!

Postby M-DOG » Thu May 14, 2009 7:11 pm

Steve makes T-shirts and this was one of his first attempts. His company is called Felt-Up Designs (I love that name)
and his shirt in the pic says: Ya, I'm hot...but it's a dry heat.

:)
I love Humanity...oh the humanity!

jackvancouver
New arrival

Postby jackvancouver » Thu May 14, 2009 10:21 pm

M-DOG wrote:As for hugs. Jack...I am sending you a virtual one right...wait for it...NOW. If I had had an extra ticket I would have totally given it to you. Good effort! I love artsy people and lip-synchers (they never get props, same with mime guitarists and I have a fav of those too!)

I'm glad to hear many people here would have given one if they had one. And you haven't seen my Angry Dance series yet, that's my best Lipdub work:

Jack's Angry Dance
Jack's Angry Dance 2

and not part of the Jack's Angry Dance series, but still a Lipdub:

Petrov, Yelyena and Me at Crescent Beach, BC

And (just for WhatTheFolk) the film that was filming behind me on this video was Tron 2.

Edit: Whoops, nearly forgot my HBO One Night Stand Lipdub (well, it is a lipdub until I replaced some lyrics near the end)
Last edited by jackvancouver on Thu May 14, 2009 10:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

sergejg
New arrival

Postby sergejg » Thu May 14, 2009 10:28 pm

Wow I love all the new stories and the after show pics! keep them coming! Has anybody in all those meet and greets ask them about any plans they have after the tour? I hope one day they do a 3rd season and an episode for the song Jenny, that one is hilarious. They should have as special guest that girl from Eagle vs. Shark, she was hilarious in her role as Lily.

jackvancouver, I totally understand your frustration, I wasn't able to get a ticket when the presale and normal sale started even though I was sharp at 10 trying, but as I mentioned it was like destiny when I tried again thursday afternoon and got 2 tickets from the TM website at the original cost! (I wouldn't have helped the scalpers buisness either, those guys ruin the fun of so many cool concerts)

vmh, I recommend to you that you check constantly the TM page just like I did, they release tickets whenever you least expect it! so don't loose your hope.

Dragonflie, you are so lucky! 1st row ticket, Bret dances with you, and then pics with them! you are like a fan-celebrity now, if I see you on the street I will ask for your autograph, hehe.

SuzyBatt, LauraK, Dave (Arj) didn't do his part on sugarlumps unfortunatley. I was hoping for that too. I can't wait either for that HBO special.

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Thu May 14, 2009 10:40 pm

Great pics M-Dog! Thanks for sharing :D
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Thu May 14, 2009 11:40 pm

Jack- I just watched your first angry dance and while I was laughing my son came in and enjoyed it, too! :) Very well done! You're quite the lip-syncher and your editing skills are terrific. :D

Will watch more in a bit...

I hope you've put these on your MySpace.....;)
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Fri May 15, 2009 12:39 am

Thank you, sergejg! I actually had some luck yesterday and found a pair released on Ticketmaster. Whew! I can relax a little now. But I'm still checking back to see if I could upgrade them.

And M-DOG-amazing scarf! What a great find!
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

cassandrasnow
Consistently Mediocre

Postby cassandrasnow » Fri May 15, 2009 3:18 am

Jack, I too witnessed your heartfelt video. I am so sorry you didn't score a ticket. I know that if Dandy Lyons or Top Gun Sara (both in your video) had a spare one, it would have been yours.

sergejg
New arrival

Postby sergejg » Fri May 15, 2009 3:19 am

Congratz vmh!!! I knew nothing can beat that constantly checking again TM site technique! Are your seats very far away from the stage? Hope you get to upgrade them.

Jack, interesting lipdub vids, I think I will start my own with freekie. I will cover my self with honey and money and paint the wallpaper pattern on my wifey's body :partyman:

dandy lyons
Consistently Mediocre

Postby dandy lyons » Fri May 15, 2009 4:41 am

Just caught up on this thread, finally.

M-DOG: I kept an eye out for you but somehow totally missed you! Love the scarf! What a find! Thanks for sharing your photos and recap.

Dragonfile: I saw you! I mentioned to my friends I liked your tights! I didn't realise you were the one Bret attempted to pull on stage as I was a bit preoccupied with Jemaine's sugalumps and preventing him from falling on me. ;) lol Glad it was caught on video. Lucky girl!

Monsterinlove: That's so rad that Jemaine knew you were in a band. What a dude! Your recap and photos are so cute!

jackvancouver: I wondered if you managed to get a ticket. I'm sorry things didn't work out for you this time. Your video is really well done though... sad, but well done. Fingers crossed for next time, yeah?

NortherSoul: Thanks for the recap! Welcome, welcome. Forget about it. ;)

Everyone else: Thanks so much for your kind words and excitement!! It was such a wonderful night and I'm so glad I could share it with you all :D :heart:
Gar·funk·ling (verb) Funky cuddling with the candles twinkling.

NorthernSoul
New arrival

Postby NorthernSoul » Fri May 15, 2009 4:53 am

Dandy: Thanks for the welcome! Glad to have shared the night with you too - albeit unknowingly :D

M-DOG: That scarf is amazing! So fantastic. I'd wear it all the time too! And I love Steve's t-shirt; it made me laugh :lol:

jackvancouver
New arrival

Postby jackvancouver » Fri May 15, 2009 5:00 am

LauraK wrote:I hope you've put these on your MySpace.....;)

I'm not on any social networking sites, but I do have a blog for 3 (closing on 4) years.

Fingers crossed for next time, yeah?

IF there is a next time, and that's my biggest fear still...

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Fri May 15, 2009 5:13 am

Well, Jemaine handles their MySpace and if you had an acct you could send him a link.....:)
ImageImage

jackvancouver
New arrival

Postby jackvancouver » Fri May 15, 2009 5:24 am

Viral word of multiple fans might be better than just me sending a link.

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Fri May 15, 2009 5:29 am

Ok. Just sayin.
ImageImage

jackvancouver
New arrival

Postby jackvancouver » Fri May 15, 2009 5:52 am

By the way, kind of like Coco, I'm a little "really arty" too:

http://jack-y-zhang.deviantart.com/art/ ... s-87788240

This was last year, done on paper and then scanned in and vectorized, I have a tablet now.

Return to “2009 Tour Archives”