May 13- Seattle (3rd show)

The place where all the 2009 North American Tour is now living. Gig threads, pre and post gig threads, meet and greets, the works. All found here.
vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Re: May 13- Seattle (3rd show)

Postby vmh » Mon May 18, 2009 3:36 am

dandy lyons wrote:She'd definitely get along well here though! ;)

Yes, there's a fair chance that she would. Seeing that we all seem to share similar interests. :nod: :wink:
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby mockingbird » Mon May 18, 2009 3:54 am

Class move by Bret. :clap: SheWolf, shame on Jem for not being a gentleman and calling you in. :tsk: :lol:

Awesome account and great pictures, DaMango. Thanks for posting.

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Mon May 18, 2009 2:37 pm

mockingbird wrote:SheWolf, shame on Jem for not being a gentleman and calling you in. :tsk: :lol:
Well it might have had something to do with me not mentioning that I had been to 11 shows. :)
90% evil
ImageImage

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Mon May 18, 2009 3:16 pm

Welcome to the forum DaMango! I'm so glad you had a great time at the show and meet and greet. Kudos for writing both of them songs! 8) Thank you for sharing your story and pictures, they're lovely :D

What Bret did for Christy is incredibly sweet. I also want to know more about this girl, I hope she joins and is willing to share her account of attending their shows. Woah, going to 11 shows is absolute dedication!
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

DangerMouse
Consistently Mediocre

Postby DangerMouse » Mon May 18, 2009 7:14 pm

Venus wrote: Woah, going to 11 shows is absolute dedication!

Or unemployment :lol:

Sorry... I will go back to lurking. :worry:
...if anyone needs me I will be in my office doing madlibs...

DaMango
Stop touching the monkeys

Postby DaMango » Mon May 18, 2009 8:33 pm

Thanks guys for the very warm welcome! I'm glad you like the report and pics, I certainly enjoyed writing the post. Although I was in such a hurry, a few typos were overlooked, oops! :x Oh well.

I got an email from Christy, she did get into the Portland show and had a great time! I still can't get over how sweet that was of Bret. *sigh*

Amanda
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby Amanda » Mon May 18, 2009 9:51 pm

:yay: for Bret and Christy!! :yay:
Christy please join WTF!..we'd love to meet you and hear all about your stories.. :D
But if you did I'd hold you tight / Into every single night
And we'd fall asleep together / And we'd wake up in the sunlight
Well, maybe I'm a dreamer / But maybe one day you'll see / That dreams are...

MemphisQueen
New arrival

Postby MemphisQueen » Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:40 am

Hey guys,

Sorry for the long delay in me getting round to these parts. Rani told me about this thread and I quite honestly haven't had time to even sit down and put my pen to paper. I was working 70-80 hours a week pretty much throughout this whole thing, and then immediately left to Panama for the holiday weekend (which was awesome), returned and was back off for work. I had Saturday and sunday home this weekend (that's a first this year I think!) and finally wrote up a summation on my myspace page.

As I was, um, taking advantage of my work situation to make it to all the gigs, I prefer not to post it publicly lest it should fall into the wrong hands :) But I knew a few of y'all requested me as my profile is private (I pretty much only use it for band tour schedules and to post gig / travel reviews); so you can find every city listed there.

I fly back out tomorrow for work, but would love to browse around here. I only popped in twice to the boards b/c I had extra tickets to Seattle I was giving away (row F!) and thought people here might be in need, but otherwise I pretty much only get the tweets from the moderator. My job is at a peak at the moment; so my participation is pretty much passive on anything at this point. But hopefully at the end of June, I'll get my sanity (and life!) back and can lurk and chat and get to know others who likely share my quirky sense of humor :)

Christy

nonchalant obsession
WTF!'s Biggest Blasphemer. Apparently.

Postby nonchalant obsession » Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:06 pm

Oh I can't wait! The stories you must have... :D You sound so busy! You know the one about "all work and no play" right? Come play with us!
Image..Image..Image

DaMango
Stop touching the monkeys

Postby DaMango » Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:27 pm

Hi Christy! I'm so glad you found my thread. :) I had so much fun at this show, and getting to meet you and the guys. I can't imagine my excitement level multiplied by 12, LOL! Thank you for taking time from your hectic schedule to write up you experiences, you're awesome! :supz:

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:17 pm

MemphisQueen wrote:As I was, um, taking advantage of my work situation to make it to all the gigs, I prefer not to post it publicly lest it should fall into the wrong hands :) But I knew a few of y'all requested me as my profile is private (I pretty much only use it for band tour schedules and to post gig / travel reviews); so you can find every city listed there.

Christy

Hmmm this is the sort of thing for the Members area perhaps :hrm: :lol: Away from prying eyes :lol:

Crud I set guidelines for access :roll: I may be able to give you access if there were no objections from others posting there. So you can share if you so wished, without fear of the wrong hands getting hold of it.

Just a suggestion.

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:30 pm

Hi there Christy!

Wow sounds like your life is quite intense at the moment, hope you're not working yourself too hard! Yes there is the member's area if you don't want your post to be in public view. In response to Sherry's post, I wouldn't mind if you granted Christy access to the member's area :)

Feel free to post whenever you have some free time Christy. Really looking forward to reading about your experience :D
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

Return to “2009 Tour Archives”