May 14 - Portland

The place where all the 2009 North American Tour is now living. Gig threads, pre and post gig threads, meet and greets, the works. All found here.
SheWolf
Boom King!

Re: May 14 - Portland

Postby SheWolf » Sun May 17, 2009 11:33 pm

Yay mock! Great pics. Love the one of you and Jem. OI he looks good. :drool: More please. :eyelashes:
90% evil
ImageImage

mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby mockingbird » Mon May 18, 2009 3:30 am

OK, these aren't as nice as the first batch but they're still fun to look at, for me anyway. :wink:

This is blurry (obviously) but I love the sweet expression of concentration on his face. :)
Another cute blurry pic of Nigel. I really wish I had a better camera.
Not a great picture of Bret but he needs some representation on this thread. :wink: Really most of my Bret pics came out very blurry. (Are you all noticing a theme?)
This would be an awesome picture if the mike wasn't there in the middle of his face.
I'm putting this one up because Jemaine looks so cute. You all can just photoshop me out of there, lol. Clearly I'm going to be killed soon by the girl from The Ring anyway, so it doesn't matter. :)

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Mon May 18, 2009 4:29 am

Lol, you aren't distorted, though....(do I hear your phone ringing?)

Viry nice......did Nigel put the pic on his MS yet?
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

deliriumtree
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby deliriumtree » Mon May 18, 2009 4:32 am

Yeah...ever since Samara opened her own youtube account that's become a real problem. :lol:

Awesome pics!
"Hey Ya'll, I'm destroying your city!" And the Bret and Jemaine angels looked on in approval.

mockingbird

Postby mockingbird » Mon May 18, 2009 4:33 am

I actually haven't sent it yet, but it's on my to-do list for tonight.

mockingbird

Postby mockingbird » Mon May 18, 2009 4:37 am

deliriumtree wrote:Yeah...ever since Samara opened her own youtube account that's become a real problem. :lol:

She's as bad as Stana. "Uses technological advances against people!" :lol:

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Mon May 18, 2009 4:44 am

mockingbird wrote:I actually haven't sent it yet, but it's on my to-do list for tonight.

Good timing since they're off tomorrow. :)

Man, it's going to be so depressing when the tour ends. I'm getting used to them just always being somewhere and hearing all of these great stories and seeing wonderful pics.....*snif*
ImageImage

songbird
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby songbird » Mon May 18, 2009 5:43 am

LauraK wrote:Man, it's going to be so depressing when the tour ends. I'm getting used to them just always being somewhere and hearing all of these great stories and seeing wonderful pics.....*snif*

Oh goodness, I know exacly what you mean...it makes me sad just to think about it :(
"We're addressing the issues but we're keeping it funky."

Image Image

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Mon May 18, 2009 1:57 pm

mockingbird wrote:Image
I'm putting this one up because Jemaine looks so cute. You all can just photoshop me out of there, lol. Clearly I'm going to be killed soon by the girl from The Ring anyway, so it doesn't matter. :)
Oh another pic of Jem looking very sweet with that weird little lump of hair in the middle of his head. You should have smoothed that down for him. :wink:
90% evil
ImageImage

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Mon May 18, 2009 2:32 pm

With some spittle maybe - just spit in your hand and smooth it down for him.

Not creepy at all :hrmpf:

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Mon May 18, 2009 2:47 pm

Last year I attempted to pick what I thought was some foreign object out of his hair but stopped just short when I realized it was his own silver hair glistening in the light. He felt me breathing down the back of his neck and turned around and said "I know you're following me." :o :oops: :lol:
90% evil
ImageImage

kikiexpress
Giving the paper to the people

Postby kikiexpress » Wed May 20, 2009 11:18 pm

mockingbird wrote:OK, these aren't as nice as the first batch but they're still fun to look at, for me anyway. :wink:

This is blurry (obviously) but I love the sweet expression of concentration on his face. :)
Another cute blurry pic of Nigel. I really wish I had a better camera.
Not a great picture of Bret but he needs some representation on this thread. :wink: Really most of my Bret pics came out very blurry. (Are you all noticing a theme?)
This would be an awesome picture if the mike wasn't there in the middle of his face.

I saw you at the concert actually :D
I had the Orchestra Section A row B seats and the view i got was diagonal from them but was good. I saw you in the front with your camera and I kept on thinking you were really lucky that you were so close to Bret and Jemaine. Felt bad though when security came and told you about your camera :/
Happened to me too but I got at least one picture which got me giddy. My friend and I went to the meet and greet and we were in between the buses and I'm not sure if you saw me but we were the youngest there and we left around 30 minutes before they came out...
It's ok though since I got to see them live in such great seats and Jemaine even pointed at me in one of there songs when he said to "your right" and looked straight at me twice :heartbeat:
Next time they come to Portland I will definitely stay and actually meet them.
Great pictures by the way!
ImageImageImage
We are one heart, one mind, one soul.
-Quote of my life

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Wed May 20, 2009 11:26 pm

Hi Kiki! Welcome to the board! :) Thanks for telling us how it was for you- I'm so sorry you didn't get to meet them but, ahhhhh...eye contact. It's niiiiiice. :love:

Could we maybe see the pic that made you giddy? We like to be made giddy here........
ImageImage

kikiexpress
Giving the paper to the people

Postby kikiexpress » Thu May 21, 2009 12:20 am

Aw thank you very much Laura for the welcome :)
I'm trying to format the picture I took but while I'm doing that here's some I got from a guy I met after the concert when my friend and I were waiting for them. He gave me his business card and told me to email him and so I did and this is what he gave me:
Great picture of the two together

Bret's quirky smile always makes me smile!

I don't know what Jemaine is doing there but it still makes me laugh :D

Yes that's them singing Too Many Dicks on the Dancefloor in their awesome robot costumes. Best opening ever from them :clap:

So cool seeing there name on the Arlene Shnitzer Concert Hall...

There's some more he sent me and I'll put them up later when I finally can upload and format my pictures :)
Hope you guys enjoy them!
ImageImageImage
We are one heart, one mind, one soul.
-Quote of my life

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Thu May 21, 2009 12:28 am

Darn...they aren't showing up for me, Kiki. Maybe his album is set to private?

Love your sig screencaps. :D
ImageImage

Return to “2009 Tour Archives”