May 12 - Seattle

The place where all the 2009 North American Tour is now living. Gig threads, pre and post gig threads, meet and greets, the works. All found here.
Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Re: May 12 - Seattle

Postby Venus » Sun May 17, 2009 2:25 am

Cool pics, thanks for sharing dandy. Haha that last one cracks me up too :lol:
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Sun May 17, 2009 3:45 am

Thanks, Dandy- you got some great shots! Laughing at that last expression and Ardy's 'teapot Jemmy!' :lol:

Yup, Bret you got it goin aww-on, you got it goin on........with that sixy shadow....Image
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Mon May 18, 2009 3:11 pm

Looks like this guy tracked Jem down at the Vaseline's show. I'd refrain from saying GAH HE LOOKS GREAT but I'm not very good at controlling myself.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wearethe80 ... 400255770/
90% evil
ImageImage

monsterinlove
New arrival

Postby monsterinlove » Tue May 19, 2009 2:16 am

dandy lyons wrote:
monsterinlove wrote:wow! sounds like a really sweet concert! Thanks for all the accounts! Dandy, would you mind telling me anything else you found that differed from the previous show in Vancouver? Length of the concert, songs, overall crowd energy, meet and greet stuff. Sorry if you already mentioned some of this before. Just curious! :D

No worries. All the shows were awesome, and there weren't too many differences. The acoustics in Vancouver were great... Seattle - not so much. The crowd in Seattle was definitely more energetic and it seemed like the guys were a bit more lively. The crowd shouted out a bit more, but generally just song requests - no specific heckling that I can recall. The concerts seemed to run about the same length although I think it was Tuesday that we got 2 maybe 3 encore songs. Umm... Glam rock gears on Monday, but not Tuesday. Monday, the lobby was PACKED - everyone seemed to be there early. Tuesday it seemed like hardly anyone was there. Also they were WAY more relaxed about taking photos. Speaking of which, Sara uploaded her photos from all three shows on flickr, including the "asshole" sign language. Here's the link:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/saramarie/ ... 123134711/

and here's the asshole :lol:

Thanks! It's really interesting to hear about all the different shows!
"You love the talking stove!
'Aww let's make a cake!"

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Tue May 19, 2009 2:16 pm

Here's what Wiki says about profanity in ASL....http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Profanity_in_ASL :lol:

I wonder if they've used that on any hecklers since learning it? :yawinkle:
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

Return to “2009 Tour Archives”