May 17 - Salt Lake City

The place where all the 2009 North American Tour is now living. Gig threads, pre and post gig threads, meet and greets, the works. All found here.
LauraK
Boom King!

Re: May 17 - Salt Lake City

Postby LauraK » Mon May 18, 2009 6:24 pm

Yeah, good word, huh? I figured if B&J could be vincible, I could be umbraged on Jemaine's behalf.

I was viry umbraged by that assessment of Jem's musical prowess.

Plus, if he'd seen any recent pics it's obvious that right now, Jemaine is the more scruffy of the 2. :hrmpf:
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

Lettie
New arrival

Postby Lettie » Mon May 18, 2009 6:42 pm

LauraK wrote:Plus, if he'd seen any recent pics it's obvious that right now, Jemaine is the more scruffy of the 2. :hrmpf:

Jemaine said at the M&G he was probably shaving today...

Here are a few more pics from the show. I had an usher lady spending a LOT of time by us, so I didn't try to take a lot.

Lettie
New arrival

Postby Lettie » Mon May 18, 2009 6:43 pm

Last 2

dustdevil
New arrival

Postby dustdevil » Mon May 18, 2009 6:53 pm

@Plus 155, I love the complimentary patterns on your shirt and Jemaine's shirt. I sort of expect him to turn around and have a big "DG" cut out of the back of his shirt (ala the little jeans Bret made for the dolls.)

And I'm a shirt geek, but I checked and that shirt Jemaine was wearing in SLC was also a Rockmount Ranchwear shirt (http://www.rockmount.com/shirts/vintage.asp, search the page for "Vintage Horseshoe Plaid.")

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Mon May 18, 2009 6:58 pm

Thanks Plus155 for your recap and pictures. And welcome to the forum :D

Thanks for sharing those pictures Lettie and welcome to the forum. Haha that's cool that Jemaine picked up your brother. Picking up guys may be a running trend now, poor Jemaine :lol:
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Mon May 18, 2009 7:03 pm

Nice pics, Lettie!
It's funny, Jemaine told us he was going to shave but it took him a few days to do it.....:) I don't care- he looks good with or w/o facial hair.
ImageImage

Lettie
New arrival

Postby Lettie » Mon May 18, 2009 7:06 pm

And I'm a shirt geek, but I checked and that shirt Jemaine was wearing in SLC was also a Rockmount Ranchwear shirt (http://www.rockmount.com/shirts/vintage.asp, search the page for "Vintage Horseshoe Plaid.")

They were both wearing "country" shirts, saying they went shopping at a Western store so they could look more American. And after everyone cheered, Jemaine said that we must be so happy everyday when we go outside and there are so many Americans everywhere. And then they joked, but it looks like none of you dressed like us...

(And thanks for the welcomes. It is always fun to be part of a forum)

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Mon May 18, 2009 7:07 pm

The female Jemainiacs started it with the hug pictures. So all the male Jemainiacs wanted to find an equivalent to the classic "hug photo." That's my theory. Just another case of the battle of the sexes. So ladies...how can we top the lifting pictures without going too far?
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Mon May 18, 2009 7:44 pm

I've got an idea for our next pic but it shall remain top secret so as not to jinx it. I haven't seen my idea done by anyone yet so I don't want anyone to steal my thunder :yawinkle: :lol:

Lurve Jem's shirt. I'm too obsessed with these things. I saw a shirt in the mall the other day that I thought would have looked awesome on him then thought "what the hell is wrong with you?"

Laura, I never read concert reviews, hence my lack of umbrage in that regard.

I guess I'll resume BeardWatch2009. I'd hate to see it go but if he shaves now and lets it go he should be good and scruffy for Berkeley.
90% evil
ImageImage

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Mon May 18, 2009 8:19 pm

This is hands down my fave tour poster. I would have bought it. :nod: This person has some good pics all of which spell Jem's name wrong. I'm tired of correcting people so I'm letting this one go.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lephty/3540922929/
90% evil
ImageImage

Plus155
New arrival

Postby Plus155 » Mon May 18, 2009 8:26 pm

Thanks everyone for the welcome, and kind words.

I was a lurker here for awhile, so thanks for the advice on how to meet the guys. It was a blast, and meeting Jemaine made it perfect.

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Mon May 18, 2009 9:38 pm

Hm. I have a guess for what you're going to ask for but I won't say in case I'm right and then someone steals it before your show.....:)

Looks like your talk of the misspelling got it taken care of, SW! :lol: Nice pics- and I'm keeping my mouth shut about that poster cuz...well...I just see things that probably aren't meant to be seen the way I see them..... :rolleyes:
ImageImage

prettyrobyngirl
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby prettyrobyngirl » Tue May 19, 2009 12:25 am

I can't figure out why this posted twice... so I will just replace this with a new message:

I think that you are awesome. All of you. Truly spectacular!
Last edited by prettyrobyngirl on Tue May 19, 2009 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination.

prettyrobyngirl
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby prettyrobyngirl » Tue May 19, 2009 12:26 am

OOOOOOOOOOoooohhhh.... SW, I seriously sit and daydream all day about what pictures I could get with Bret and Jemaine. I have a few that I haven't seen yet, but I am not sure what would be the best. As much as I would love a picture with his lovely arms around me, I feel like I should attempt to "step it up" a notch when I eventually get my chance. Although, extreme physical effort a la giant man pick-up isn't in the cards.

Dandy, you might be in the lead for best Jemaine picture ever.

SW, re-establishment of BeardWatch 2009 is needed. Does it have its own thread yet? It should.

Oh, and excellent shirt Jem. Thanks dustdevil for pointing it out.
Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination.

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Tue May 19, 2009 12:28 am

SW - Since I won't get the chance to steal your idea, could you tell me pretty please? :eyelashes:

I promise to :silence:

:pray:

I'll beg if I have to...I will :waggle:

Return to “2009 Tour Archives”