*Updated April 24* Held back tickets now appearing online

The place where all the 2009 North American Tour is now living. Gig threads, pre and post gig threads, meet and greets, the works. All found here.
vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Re: *Updated April 24* Held back tickets now appearing online

Postby vmh » Tue May 19, 2009 3:49 am

There's a single for the Santa Barbara show (SEC L, Row 3) available on TM right now.

I would definitely go if Ian Svenonius was not playing at The Smell the same night.
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

eorious
Consistently Mediocre

Postby eorious » Tue May 19, 2009 9:24 pm

4everconchordsfan wrote:
Eorious, Im flying in from Chicago also. I must be crazy, I'm marathoning on this trip. What a riot if we were on the same flights. Im flying into Vegas Friday after work, on United. Im gonna be beat, im working a really long day, then a 4 hr flight. Im still trying to work out how to get to LAX or SFO on Sunday. Monday, Berkeley show (no ticket or hotel yet) then fly home San Fran/Chicago Tues on a lousy UA connecting flight. Im flying out of SFO early early morning with connections arriving home late night Tues. then get up early to be at work Wednes morning. Yikees. All worth it for the privilege of Jem & Bret. I am very excited. So hoping for a meet n greet, but even if we dont get one, the experience of being in a room with them is just the happiest & best feeling EVER! Keep me posted on your progress with your air/hotel arrangements.

Wow 4ever, that's hard core! Do you have LA or Berkeley tickets yet?

I'll be flying out on United too, but not until Saturday morning. Then it's back to Chicago first thing Sunday. I just finally booked the trip today (I was holding out hope that a friend might join me, and that last-minute flights might get cheaper). The trip is going to suck with connecting flights each way and less than 24 hours on the ground, but it will be worth it to see the boys one more time. After all, who knows how long we'll have to wait for them to come back? Plus there's something especially exciting to me about the idea of them performing in Vegas. I keep imagining Jemaine coming out in an Elvis costume circa Tongan Ninja. :pray: Well, a girl can dream...

Oh, and since my friend is not going to be coming with me, I now have a spare ticket. If anyone is interested, let me know. It's in row JJ, basically dead center. The only catch is it's Will Call, so we'd have to meet up before the show and walk in together. Oh, and you'd have to sit next to me. But I regard that as more of a perk. :lol:

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Tue May 19, 2009 9:37 pm

eorious wrote:Oh, and since my friend is not going to be coming with me, I now have a spare ticket. If anyone is interested, let me know. It's in row JJ, basically dead center. The only catch is it's Will Call, so we'd have to meet up before the show and walk in together. Oh, and you'd have to sit next to me. But I regard that as more of a perk. :lol:

!!!!! :D

Is that for the Vegas show? ::starts planning a way to get out of work on Saturday::
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

eorious
Consistently Mediocre

Postby eorious » Tue May 19, 2009 10:01 pm

vmh wrote:

Is that for the Vegas show? ::starts planning a way to get out of work on Saturday::

Yep, Vegas show this Saturday 5/23. :D

alysaanne
Giving the paper to the people

Postby alysaanne » Tue May 19, 2009 10:14 pm

pair of will call seats up for San Deigo (row HH, 8th row)

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Tue May 19, 2009 10:28 pm

eorious wrote:
vmh wrote:

Yep, Vegas show this Saturday 5/23. :D

I might take you up on that offer if I can figure out a way to get to Vegas and back.

alysaanne

Postby alysaanne » Tue May 19, 2009 11:16 pm

(I can't figure out how to do the little boxes to show who I'm replying to, sorry)

VMH - My brother and I are taking the 3am Greyhound bus back to LA after the Vegas show, it gets into LA around 8:30 am. it's $43 one way. I'm not sure how much it costs round trip or what time the bus leaves LA to go up to Vegas Saturday morning (I'm another one flying into Vegas from Chicago).

It should allow plenty of time to see if there's going to be a meet and greet after the show and avoids having to get a hotel in Vegas.

I wouldn't advise taking the middle of the night Greyhound on your own -especially from Vegas on a holiday weekend, but one hopes there's safety in (flightie) numbers.

alysaanne

Postby alysaanne » Tue May 19, 2009 11:32 pm

Will call seats (11th row) up for Santa Barbara

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Tue May 19, 2009 11:41 pm

alysaanne wrote:(I can't figure out how to do the little boxes to show who I'm replying to, sorry)

VMH - My brother and I are taking the 3am Greyhound bus back to LA after the Vegas show, it gets into LA around 8:30 am. it's $43 one way. I'm not sure how much it costs round trip or what time the bus leaves LA to go up to Vegas Saturday morning (I'm another one flying into Vegas from Chicago).

It should allow plenty of time to see if there's going to be a meet and greet after the show and avoids having to get a hotel in Vegas.

I wouldn't advise taking the middle of the night Greyhound on your own -especially from Vegas on a holiday weekend, but one hopes there's safety in (flightie) numbers.

It looks like a round trip ticket will cost me about $62.40 if I left from Claremont (it's a little closer to home). Thanks for the suggestion! I've been looking at the schedules through Amtrak but Greyhound seems to be the cheapest option.

If you want to use the quote option, there's a button for it at the bottom, right corner of every post.

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Tue May 19, 2009 11:43 pm

eorious - If your offer still stands, I would love the extra ticket.

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Wed May 20, 2009 12:33 am

alysaanne - If I book the trip, I'll be arriving in Las Vegas around 4 PM. I figure that should give me enough time to grab a bite to eat, hang out a little bit, and find the venue. And I'll probably be departing with you and your brother on the same bus at 3 AM.

This will be my first time traveling with Greyhound so I'm wondering...did you already purchase your tickets? On the website, it said something about reservations are not needed-you just need to show up at least an hour before departure and you can purchase tickets at the station. I'm wondering if this is the recommended method since having a ticket does not ensure you will have a seat (because it's first come, first serve). But I'm thinking that there are better discounts for tickets if you purchase them online. I just don't want to get left behind with a non-refundable ticket.

Anyone who is familiar with Greyhound, feel free to add anything.

4everconchordsfan
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby 4everconchordsfan » Wed May 20, 2009 1:09 am

Wow 4ever, that's hard core! Do you have LA or Berkeley tickets yet?

Well, im really sweating it now. Still no Berkeley ticket. Ive got a flight from Vegas to San Fran Sunday afternoon on Virgin America, thinking I might change that to Vegas/LAX. Would have to purchase yet another flight from LAX/San Fran or Oakland, have to fly home San Fran/Chicago. Cant change that return flight to Chicago. Ive lost my mind, I cant afford this. :hrm:

Your flights sound like torture, get that ipod or mp3 player loaded up with FOTC, as if it isnt already. LOL. Mine is set for the marathon. Im dreading Friday, working a really long day then have to race to Ohare (Lincolnwood-Ohare in Friday rush hour traffic) & then fly 4 hours. Are you a north sider or south sider?

Vegas, woo hoo, you're in JJ, im in GG center, will get to meet you. Yay. This is great news.

Will be hanging out here a lot, keep me posted.
"they're my celebrities, they're what I care about"

Rhymnoserous

Postby Rhymnoserous » Wed May 20, 2009 1:15 am

*URGENT*

Ahh! 4ever I hope you log on and see this post soon but I just pulled up ORCH Row P (will call) for Berkley's 9pm show! I'm not able to afford to fly out there, but I was just looking out of curiousity (if I somehow was ever able to pull up front few rows, I'd find a way to get there :wink: )

I hope you see this in time! I'm going to PM you as well for good measure.

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Wed May 20, 2009 1:21 am

I think Amanda and SheWolf are looking for Berkeley tickets as well.

I just pulled up ORCH, Row M for the 6 PM show.

Rhymnoserous

Postby Rhymnoserous » Wed May 20, 2009 1:22 am

I PMed 4ever and SheWolf just in case their PM notifications are sent to their email and they see it. I'm not sure who Amanda is.

Return to “2009 Tour Archives”