May 10th Show In Vancouver!!

The place where all the 2009 North American Tour is now living. Gig threads, pre and post gig threads, meet and greets, the works. All found here.
the_thriller
New arrival

Re: May 10th Show In Vancouver!!

Postby the_thriller » Sun May 17, 2009 9:44 am

These are some great accounts of the night! It was such an amazing concert. I am so glad we were able to go. And the Vancouver crowd was great! I was really worried there would be heckling and constant yelling of songs. I was a bit dissapointed that there was only one Encore, though... They totally could have gotten another encore as the crowd was cheering very loudly at the end.

I have to say, Stana is pretty much amazing. I WANT to have that on a CD!!! I was also very happy they played Jenny and Bus Driver Song as those are two of my faves!

We didn't stick around for the meet and greet as we were all bagged... Oh well.

dandy lyons
Consistently Mediocre

Postby dandy lyons » Sun May 17, 2009 7:34 pm

the_thriller wrote:
I have to say, Stana is pretty much amazing. I WANT to have that on a CD!!!.

I was just having the same conversation with a friend! We want live versions of "Stana" as well as the "Sexy Lady/Sugalumps" slow jam. That would be amazing! :rock:
Gar·funk·ling (verb) Funky cuddling with the candles twinkling.

songbird
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby songbird » Sun May 17, 2009 7:43 pm

Too true!! Those are the two songs that I would kill to see on a CD...those two and also Jenny. It's always better live when you can see the facial expressions and stuff, but I would still like to have a recording of it.
"We're addressing the issues but we're keeping it funky."

Image Image

sergejg
New arrival

Postby sergejg » Sun May 17, 2009 7:57 pm

Yes! I've never heard Stana before and it was hilarious, they could totally do a western episode with that song, haha. I have to confess I wasn't completly into Bus Driver song, that's one I would have changed in the set list for Ladies in the World or Carol Brown. I was expecting at least 2 songs in the encore, it was kind of sad, but hopefully they will come back again sometime :pray:

monsterinlove
New arrival

Postby monsterinlove » Tue May 19, 2009 2:21 am

Yeah, I had heard about stana before but deliberately didn't watch it before the show so I could hear all the jokes live for the first time and I'm so glad I did, that was such an awesome song. It was kind of reminiscent of Johnny Cash and his comedic songs.
"You love the talking stove!
'Aww let's make a cake!"

songbird

Postby songbird » Tue May 19, 2009 2:26 am

Stana reminded me a little bit of the movie "Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story"...though while that movie was relatively funny, Stana was HILARIOUS and GENIUS all at the same time :lol:

Image Image

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Tue May 19, 2009 2:11 pm

songbird wrote:Stana was HILARIOUS and GENIUS all at the same time

Agreed!

Wouldn't you have loved to have been a fly on the wall when they first started writing that? :rolls: Heck, I'd love to see the process....I'm sure it isn't all yuks but still. Imagine what doesn't make it into songs?? :lol:
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

songbird

Postby songbird » Wed May 20, 2009 3:37 am

LauraK wrote:
songbird wrote:Stana was HILARIOUS and GENIUS all at the same time

Agreed!

Wouldn't you have loved to have been a fly on the wall when they first started writing that? :rolls: Heck, I'd love to see the process....I'm sure it isn't all yuks but still. Imagine what doesn't make it into songs?? :lol:

I can't even imagine. I get the feeling that sitting in on the guys attempting to write one of their songs would be just as funny as seeing them live... :lol:

Image Image

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Wed May 20, 2009 4:05 am

MMMMM-HMMMMM!! :nod:
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

Return to “2009 Tour Archives”