*Updated April 24* Held back tickets now appearing online

The place where all the 2009 North American Tour is now living. Gig threads, pre and post gig threads, meet and greets, the works. All found here.
vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Re: *Updated April 24* Held back tickets now appearing online

Postby vmh » Wed May 20, 2009 1:34 am

Rhymnoserous wrote:I PMed 4ever and SheWolf just in case their PM notifications are sent to their email and they see it. I'm not sure who Amanda is.

Well, Amanda's username is Amanda. Unexpected? I know. :lol: It's cool. I just sent her a PM.
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

Rhymnoserous
Giving the paper to the people

Postby Rhymnoserous » Wed May 20, 2009 1:41 am

Haha...well I guess I've shown off my n00b status. I pretty much recognize everyone on here (from their avatars and signatures) but haven't really committed too many names to memory. Now that I checked her profile...yup, I recognize Amanda's too. :lol:

4everconchordsfan
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby 4everconchordsfan » Wed May 20, 2009 1:55 am

Rhymnoserous wrote:*URGENT*

Ahh! 4ever I hope you log on and see this post soon but I just pulled up ORCH Row P (will call) for Berkley's 9pm show! I'm not able to afford to fly out there, but I was just looking out of curiousity (if I somehow was ever able to pull up front few rows, I'd find a way to get there :wink: )

I hope you see this in time! I'm going to PM you as well for good measure.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

Awww, you guys are the BEST. I had been checking since I got home from work, and well Rhym you have got my back. I got row P & seat 7. Im so happy & excited. Woo Hoo. I tried for the 6pm no luck, working in 2 windows trying for 6pm & 9pm. Working on it like a crazy, deranged ever-ready bunny, saw U come up & kept trying for that P seat until I snatched it.

Thanks again. Cant wait to meet all of you. I will never sleep tonight.
Last edited by 4everconchordsfan on Wed May 20, 2009 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
"they're my celebrities, they're what I care about"

Rhymnoserous

Postby Rhymnoserous » Wed May 20, 2009 1:58 am

Aww yay! I'm so happy you were able to snag it. When I tried, that Row P Seat 7 was the first I pulled up, and even after subsequent tries, it was the best seat that showed up out of them all.

I figure if I'm not able to make it over there for the last show, at least some other deserving WTFolkers should!

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Wed May 20, 2009 1:59 am

Thanks guys Amanda Sully & I are set for 9pm but we need 6pm. I just checked and got nothing but I'll keep at it.
90% evil
ImageImage

LSully9
Getting lewd with the food

Postby LSully9 » Wed May 20, 2009 2:00 am

I just tried for the 6 for Berkeley and didn't get anything... :( But Amanda, SheWolf and I all have tickets already for the 9 show so that's a start. :)
Two struggling musicians, living in poverty and despair, selling their...instruments.

4everconchordsfan

Postby 4everconchordsfan » Wed May 20, 2009 2:07 am

It looks like a round trip ticket will cost me about $62.40 if I left from Claremont (it's a little closer to home). Thanks for the suggestion! I've been looking at the schedules through Amtrak but Greyhound seems to be the cheapest option.

Just a quick note, JetBlue has a flight avail Long Beach/Vegas. Leave Long Beach 250pm arrive Vegas 400pm nonstop $129. Just an FYI, it may be too expensive but thought Id throw it out there. Then maybe greyhound one way returning to Claremont?

Cuse
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby Cuse » Wed May 20, 2009 2:20 am

:clap: :clap: :clap:

If there were rereleased tix now, then you'll probably see more later. And you got 9pm, which a) is probably the harder of the two shows to get, and b) is the true finale anyway.

4everconchordsfan

Postby 4everconchordsfan » Wed May 20, 2009 2:22 am

Cuse wrote::clap: :clap: :clap:

If there were rereleased tix now, then you'll probably see more later. And you got 9pm, which a) is probably the harder of the two shows to get, and b) is the true finale anyway.

C'mon Cuse, join us, we need your presence at this event too, what do ya say?

alysaanne

Postby alysaanne » Wed May 20, 2009 4:14 am

vmh wrote:alysaanne - If I book the trip, I'll be arriving in Las Vegas around 4 PM. I figure that should give me enough time to grab a bite to eat, hang out a little bit, and find the venue. And I'll probably be departing with you and your brother on the same bus at 3 AM.

This will be my first time traveling with Greyhound so I'm wondering...did you already purchase your tickets? On the website, it said something about reservations are not needed-you just need to show up at least an hour before departure and you can purchase tickets at the station. I'm wondering if this is the recommended method since having a ticket does not ensure you will have a seat (because it's first come, first serve). But I'm thinking that there are better discounts for tickets if you purchase them online. I just don't want to get left behind with a non-refundable ticket.

Anyone who is familiar with Greyhound, feel free to add anything.

Hey VMH - I'm not familiar with greyhound so I went ahead and bought the ticket online. I was afraid the $43 fair was an online special and I wanted to make sure it didn't sell out.

Has anyone seen will call level seats for LA come up yet? I've got no tickets for LA yet.

Cuse

Postby Cuse » Wed May 20, 2009 4:21 am

Hey, don't make me start feeling bad. Like people asking me to go! :lol: I'm sure I'll regret it later (and I bet! some pit seats come up and really make me wish I went), but the window has passed for me.

Plus I'm taking the gf to see this on the 24th lol.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2ZT_jEkEXQ&fea ... annel_page

I know I've said it before, but I really feel like this is the last big tour for them in the US. They won't have another tour like this unless there's a season 3, or movie, or something.

Rhymnoserous

Postby Rhymnoserous » Wed May 20, 2009 4:50 am

Cuse wrote:I know I've said it before, but I really feel like this is the last big tour for them in the US. They won't have another tour like this unless there's a season 3, or movie, or something.

I was telling my friend earlier about my annoyance at not being able to make it out to more than just one show, and she said it'll be fine because we can just catch them the next time they come around. I really must admit I agree with you Cuse. I really don't see another tour like this over here unless they release something equally as big as another season in the US.

Then again, we may be wrong...which won't upset me too much. :wink: To quote one of my favorite movies ("Say Anything"): "If you start out depressed, everything's kind of a pleasant surprise."

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Wed May 20, 2009 4:56 am

But they keep telling us all- "we'l be back, don't worry..."

I refuse to believe otherwise. :hrmpf:
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

songbird

Postby songbird » Wed May 20, 2009 4:59 am

I think it would pain me too much to accept that this is their last tour. I'm convinced they'll be back...it may not be for a very long time, but eventually, they'll be back. At least that's what I think (and hope...)
"We're addressing the issues but we're keeping it funky."

Image Image

Cuse

Postby Cuse » Wed May 20, 2009 6:43 am

Oh, they'll be back. Most likely. Just not a tour this size. If they don't have a season3/movie, then I predict they'll only do places like NYC/LA/SF/etc in the future. That's kind of the trend. The big tours are normally to either promote something, or take advantage of something that just happened (tv show/new album).

Return to “2009 Tour Archives”