Alternate lyrics to songs

Erm, music, lyrics and tabs. Asking about Conchords music, lyrics or tabs please post here.
baconandeggs
New arrival

Alternate lyrics to songs

Postby baconandeggs » Wed May 20, 2009 6:18 am

I'm performing the Most Beautiful Girl with my friend tomorrow night and since we're not quite creative enough to come up with our own jokes to add in I wanted to know if there are any other alternate lines and such which Bret and Jemaine have used in live performances, etc. I already know a few different ones but If there were any others I don't know of it would be great if someone could help me out with some extra lyrics and possibly post a video of it if there is one.

In some performances instead of: "I do my dance moves" Jemaine sings "I do the robot" (followed by a robot dance and "RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!")

And later on in the song lines like:

"You're like one of those girls I've definitely been chatting to in the chat rooms......wildslutangel22@yahoo"

"Like some ceramics"

and

"You could be a part time model, but you probably still have to keep your normal job....but I could see you in your undies in a catalog"

"I could see you at an auto show dancing on a car"

Those are all that come to mind at the moment. I recall a video where Jemaine goes into this thing about a Persian rug but I can't remember how it went.

Oh and I think this is my first post here. So hi. :D

mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Re: Alternate lyrics to songs

Postby mockingbird » Wed May 20, 2009 6:22 am

It's really funny to me that you mention this, because I have spent some time thinking of lyrics that would fit this song if sung to the opposite gender. I'm sorry that I have no info regarding the specific topic you are talking about, but if you ever want to rewrite this song from a female perspective, let me know. :lol:

mockingbird

Postby mockingbird » Wed May 20, 2009 6:24 am

baconandeggs wrote:"You're like one of those girls I've definitely been chatting to in the chat rooms......wildslutangel22@yahoo"

!!! :shock: SA, have you been having secret internet chats with Jemaine?? Fess up, lady! :lol:

Hi, BTW, baconandeggs.

dandy lyons
Consistently Mediocre

Postby dandy lyons » Wed May 20, 2009 6:27 am

Hi baconandeggs :wave:

IIRC Jemaine sang "you could be a tree..." or "you're like a beautiful tree" as well. I think possibly right before "or some nice ceramics!" or "you could be a high class prostitute".

ETA: Just checked my itunes and I have 6 separate versions of this song in my library! :shock:
Gar·funk·ling (verb) Funky cuddling with the candles twinkling.

songbird
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby songbird » Wed May 20, 2009 12:57 pm

I've seen one version (I think from their show at Amoeba) when Jemaine says something like "you could be a really nice rug...and I could just lie on the floor and rub my face on it..." or something along those lines. You might want to check out the video to get the words 100% right, because what I wrote for sure isn't the exact thing, but it's something along the lines of that...
"We're addressing the issues but we're keeping it funky."

Image Image

mockingbird

Postby mockingbird » Wed May 20, 2009 3:51 pm

songbird wrote:I've seen one version (I think from their show at Amoeba) when Jemaine says something like "you could be a really nice rug...and I could just lie on the floor and rub my face on it..." or something along those lines. You might want to check out the video to get the words 100% right, because what I wrote for sure isn't the exact thing, but it's something along the lines of that...

"You're like a Persian rug..." Then it's something about lying on the floor "rubbing my face on that beautifully made rug." Mmm, I love the way he rubs against the microphone during that line, and it kind of catches his lower lip a little... hummina. :drool: It kind of distracts me from what he's saying a little bit. :wink:

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Wed May 20, 2009 4:59 pm

I couldn't find a closer-up one.......yet:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjcHAzFPz_k
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

crishgirl
New arrival

Postby crishgirl » Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:39 am

Searching this song "you could be a really nice rug" with Google, I reached here... Anyone can share the youtube link. I am from Melbourne, Australia.
Buy rugs online in Australia: http://www.elanlinen.com.au/rugs

MVL
Lost but happy at sea

Postby MVL » Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:24 pm

crishgirl wrote:Searching this song "you could be a really nice rug" with Google, I reached here... Anyone can share the youtube link. I am from Melbourne, Australia.

Hi crishgirl, the song "Most Beautiful Girl (In the Room)" by FotC is one where they add different lyrics in their live performances; I think "you could be a really nice rug" has been one such line. There are many live versions of the song on YouTube, can't direct you to the specific one but as preceding posts have noted, the gig at Amoeba Records seems a good place to start (there's one in LauraK's post just before yours).

Welcome to the forum!

ItsAllRyche
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby ItsAllRyche » Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:55 pm

FOTC have several lyrical changes for that song "Most Beautiful Girl..." I also have heard several versions on youtube. :rock:

Return to “Music, lyrics and tabs”