May 23 - The Joint - Las Vegas

The place where all the 2009 North American Tour is now living. Gig threads, pre and post gig threads, meet and greets, the works. All found here.
Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Re: May 23 - The Joint - Las Vegas

Postby Venus » Sun May 24, 2009 4:14 pm

There was a meet and greet! At least with Jemaine and Arj. If they really stuck around then they might have seen Bret and Nigel. Also I read that men's underwear were being thrown on stage with messages written on them! Someone please elaborate! :lol: Can't wait to read the recaps :D
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Sun May 24, 2009 5:00 pm

I just got back home about 10 minutes ago. Oh, man! All I have to say is: Did that really just all happen?

::pinches self::

It did! It did happen! And yup, I got my hug photo with Jemaine! I promise to write a comprehensive review of both the Las Vegas and the Los Angeles show on Monday. But right now, I really need to get some rest before tonight's show.
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Sun May 24, 2009 5:36 pm

YES!! :yay: :woohoo:

We can wait...after all, these are the last 2 shows. We'll have plenty of time to go over it all and to hear all the details. Rest up and do it all again tonight!

So happy for you guys!!
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

songbird
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby songbird » Sun May 24, 2009 5:59 pm

YAY!!! :clap:
Can't wait to hear all about it!

*sigh*...only a few shows left... :cry:
"We're addressing the issues but we're keeping it funky."

Image Image

songbird

Postby songbird » Sun May 24, 2009 10:25 pm

Image Image

4everconchordsfan

Postby 4everconchordsfan » Mon May 25, 2009 12:38 am

The JOINT ROCKED! It was AMAZING! Brilliant. :supz:

Yes, Jemaine & Arj did a meet & greet for a small crowd, maybe 25 people I'd guess. As usual the guys were generous, entertaining, accomodating, as nice as you could ever imagine. Ever. Best part omg they are so sexy & handsome. I was shaking all over, ive never been so nervous & giddy.

For me it was my favorite show so far. The Joint had a certain vibe, even Arj noted that in his set. By the way Arj was hilarious, the audience was totally into his set & he was so spot on. Yes he did rap for us on Too Many Dicks. It was classic. He looked pretty hot in a black t-shirt, jeans and sneakers. Everyone should get out to see him. He needs our support & afterall we love him too, so we need to show him the love. :lol:

Thanks go out to fellow WFT'ers eronious, vmh and Eliza (sorry if the spelling isnt right). I could not have met nicer girls, Im talking really 'good' people. Sharing this experience with them made it all the more special. A night I will never forget.

I dont have a set list, Im sorry but Im sure that someone will come through for us. I can mention that they did freebird & that Jemaine did a little bit of leggy blonde. They did Jenny, Most Beautiful Girl, Mutha Uckers, We're both in love with a Sexy Lady, Albi, Bowie, Kiss is not a contract, Business Time, uh im trying to remember, sorry. Bret joked that the show would go along really quick if they did just a portion of each song. LOL. I thought that they may have been a little nervous right at the beginning of the show but they gave us the best performance by far. The lighting at the Joint was amazing. I sat 6th row dead center. It was amazing. Jemaine had on one of his western shirts. It was red & white checked with horseshoes, jeans & his white sneakers. Bret had on his new fav western shirt the black one with the red details.

It really was one of the best nights of my life. Im still on an absolute high from meeting Jemaine. I wish so much that I could remember everything that was said but I was soooo nervous. I can tell you that I had been collecting, editing & collaging pics since the beginning of the tour. So I put together a photo album/memory book & card for them. Jemaine really seemed to appreciate it. I can hardly remember a thing that was said between us but eronious said that he teased me something about the fact that you usually buy a photo album and fill it up with pictures of yourself...Oh I dont know I will have to let her tell it. I do know that my girlfriend Nikki who was taking the pics asked him to kiss me on the cheek & I said no no no, because I was so embarassed & he said to her well she doesnt seem to feel comfortable with it, and he laughed. Poor Jemaine he was holding that big sized photo album, its a scrapbooking size & it was so akward. I didnt want to impose on him or embarass him, but yeah would have loved a pic that was a pretend kiss on the cheek. In the end eronious and I were the only ones left & we asked Jemaine if he would mind taking a pic with both of us, so there we were, beaming, Jemaine between us, two of the happiest girls in the world with our arms around him. I thanked eronious for sharing him with me. LOL. We were the last to leave there was no chance at all that Bret was coming out. We watched Nigel, Arj & the rest of the crew load their luggage & other belongings onto the bus. They were absolutely ready to leave when eronious & I left Jemaine, one of the managers was overseeing the meet & greet , it was clear that it was time to go. I got a pic with Arj too. At this point it was probably about 3am & they still needed to get to Los Angeles for the show tonight. Although it isnt that much of a trek, you know that they were tired. When the meet n greet ended eronious & I went back into the Hard Rock for some breakfast & when we came out the white tour bus was gone, the equipment truck was gone also.

Gosh, there is so much to write. Im borrowing time on a computer at the hotel. I will check in with you guys later today I hope. So tired I can hardly see straight Im on 3 hours of sleep. Gonna get something to eat, sleep and a shower and come back. It feels comforting to be in Berkeley, yet so sad. Dont wanna think about....I cant say it. You know what happens after tomorrow. I dont wanna be sad, still have 2 Berkeley shows to enjoy, ive got tickets for the 6pm & 9pm tomorrow night.

Oh someone mentioned the underwear, yes there were white mens jockeys flying onto the stage last night. The guys joked about it and Jemaine told Bret not to touch them.
Last edited by 4everconchordsfan on Mon May 25, 2009 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
"they're my celebrities, they're what I care about"

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Mon May 25, 2009 12:52 am

:yay: :woohoo: Yay 4everconchordsfan!! It sounds like a glorious night!! The pics you got sound great- can't wait to see them!

Revel in your high...write down what you remember from the show cuz man...it goes fast! (Maybe watching all of the other show clips helped with that tho...)

I'm very happy for you and look forward to hearing more.......
ImageImage

4everconchordsfan

Postby 4everconchordsfan » Mon May 25, 2009 1:07 am

Oops I stand corrected seems that 3 people did hang out for Bret & he came out just for a few minutes & did take pics & sign for them. Said he was inside doing a little gambling. Saw it over on another board & thought you guys would want to know.

Hopefully we will get details on that....
"they're my celebrities, they're what I care about"

songbird

Postby songbird » Mon May 25, 2009 2:40 am

YAY 4everconchordsfan!!! :D :cheer:
It sounds like the night was amazing!! I'm so happy that you got to meet Jem and Arj. They truly are the sweetest guys, aren't they? I can't wait to hear more from the Berkeley shows!

Image Image

mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby mockingbird » Mon May 25, 2009 3:21 am

That is so great, 4ECF! What a thoughtful thing to do, about the scrapbook. I can imagine Jemaine really liked it. Photos, please. :eyelashes:

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Mon May 25, 2009 3:21 am

Sugalumps: (Bret took a fan's camera and took a few pics of his lumps!) he probably knew they'd come out blurry...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vjjtv9u1GLU :lol:
ImageImage

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Mon May 25, 2009 3:42 am

Saw this on another board, taken by Shianne517. She said that she showed Jemaine the pic and said something like "oh I got your cleavage" and he then acted violated and tried to cover his chest, lol! (She thought it was a bad pic. I beg to differ and need to put this in the Jem photo thread. Thanks, Shianne!)

ImageImage

Whambi
Half a shapely halibut

Postby Whambi » Mon May 25, 2009 3:51 am

4everconchordsfan wrote:The JOINT ROCKED! It was AMAZING! Brilliant. :supz:

Yes, Jemaine & Arj did a meet & greet

At this point it was probably about 3am & they still needed to get to Los Angeles

Congrats on finally meeting Jemaine! At least you had a MUCH better outcome at 3am in Vegas than you did in Milwaukee.....at 3 am!

Got to start packing for Berkeley.....see you later :wave:
If I did I'd hold you tight into every single night & we'd fall asleep together & we'd wake up in the sunlight. Well, maybe I'm a dreamer, but, maybe one day you'll see, that dreams are......
......Yeah, yeah she gets it, stop cockblocking me!

songbird

Postby songbird » Mon May 25, 2009 3:58 am

LauraK wrote:Sugalumps: (Bret took a fan's camera and took a few pics of his lumps!) he probably knew they'd come out blurry...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vjjtv9u1GLU :lol:

Oh lord :shock:
Jemaine...thrusting...

*runs off to watch it again*

Image Image

hurt_feelings
New arrival

Postby hurt_feelings » Mon May 25, 2009 4:33 am

Amazing night!

Setlist:

Too Many Dicks on the Dance Floor
Hurt Feelings
Stana
The Most Beautiful Girl In The Room
Robots
Jenny
Freebird
I Told You I Was Freekie
I'm Not Crying
Mutha'uckas
Hipopopothamus vs Rhymenoceros
Business Time
Epileptic Dogs
Sexy Lady / Sugalumps
Albi
Bus Driver's Song
A Kiss Is Not A Contract
Bowie

We actually met Bret at one of the hotel malls on the strip some hours before the show. He was just looking around and when we spotted him we approached him. He was extremely nice and took a photo with us :). We were hoping to meet Jemaine as well so we stuck around for a bit more than two hours after the show with no luck (we did meet Arj, very nice as well). We would have waited longer but we had an early flight so had to leave, glad to read some of you did meet him though!

Return to “2009 Tour Archives”