May 24 Los Angeles Greek

The place where all the 2009 North American Tour is now living. Gig threads, pre and post gig threads, meet and greets, the works. All found here.
prettyrobyngirl
Registered Rhymnecologist

Re: May 24 Los Angeles Greek

Postby prettyrobyngirl » Mon May 25, 2009 6:12 pm

Oh... I just watched sugalumps from the same youtube person who posted Issues...

Jemaine's little shoulder wiggle is so cute. Someone threw something at him at the end of the song... what was it?

vmh, you teasers are killing me. out with it lady!
Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination.

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Mon May 25, 2009 6:18 pm

Ok, I see their names were right there in the info:
PatricioCastillo and Waldo Valenzuela. :D Again- they rocked.
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Mon May 25, 2009 6:20 pm

Here's the link for Sugalumps:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdcZ57vQ ... re=channel

I can't tell either, robyn. maybe a tshirt? It was white and cottony-looking...??
ImageImage

skipsabn
New arrival

Postby skipsabn » Mon May 25, 2009 6:23 pm

2:00 am wow! We definitely weren't going to hang that long.

They had the white stickers again. They also had colored carry bags. The poster was cool. I forget the artist but the run was 500 and mine is signed by the artist. Santa "Brabara" was only 200. Going to get them framed today or tomorrow.

One part was funny because they were playing the Greek Theater, Jemaine kept saying we're playing in the Pantheon Of The Gods. Bret was saying how it must have been just like this in Ancient Greece. Then some dude shouted (I'm pretty sure he said) "Freebird", but Jemaine cut right in and said "Caesar? No he was Roman! Totally different but it's okay. There's only 3 other americans that actually know that. Pow! Zing!"

They started the banter on "The Issues" right before Think About It. After Matt was done playng drums on Business there was a little bit of feedback, so they were ribbing Matt about how he's now out signing autographs and boobs when he should be minding his duties at the monitor board. Jemaine started talking about famine and there was a huge swell of feedback. Bret jumped up and ran offstage and Jemaine said Bret's going to sign the other boob. Then as quick as he ran off he was back and Jemaine said "luckily they were small". Bret apologetically said "Sorry just had to get a quick blowjob. When Jemaine starts talking about famine I'm out of here".

It was great seeing them as always. They seemed really comfortable with the big crowd. The crowd was probably the best behaved in regards to shouting and what not. Jemaine was funny when a girl from way back shouted "I love you Jemaine" he shot back instantly "I love you too. I've learned from past experience it's best to respond right away to that one". All in all, the cold hard fact it's over is setting in. 2 shows in 3 days and no tickets in hand for future as of yet...

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Mon May 25, 2009 6:27 pm

:clap: Love the retelling of banter- great!
"Sorry just had to get a quick blowjob. When Jemaine starts talking about famine I'm out of here".
:rolls:
ImageImage

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Tue May 26, 2009 3:47 am

A fan got Bret a new red toy piano :bounce:

songbird
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby songbird » Tue May 26, 2009 4:01 am

kellysouthpaw wrote:A fan got Bret a new red toy piano :bounce:

Haha, what a thoughtful gift!!

That red piano holds a special place in my heart...but I get to see it every time I visit my family in NYC, as my four year old cousin has one of her own that is EXACTLY THE SAME as Bret's original...I might have to steal it the next time I'm there... :worry:
"We're addressing the issues but we're keeping it funky."

Image Image

ravenhpltc24

Postby ravenhpltc24 » Tue May 26, 2009 4:55 am

kellysouthpaw wrote:A fan got Bret a new red toy piano :bounce:

YAY!! :dance: :nana: :yay: Little Red is back in action!
He's gonna wake up in a smoothie.

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Tue May 26, 2009 5:01 am

Little Red II

Lest we forget :cry:

ravenhpltc24

Postby ravenhpltc24 » Tue May 26, 2009 5:13 am

Indeed. *moment of silence.*

Might I just add that the Spanish version of Think, Think About it with Patricio and Waldo is possibly the funniest thing I've seen in recent memory. Absolutely fantastic. Those two had it spot on!
He's gonna wake up in a smoothie.

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Tue May 26, 2009 5:16 am

prettyrobyngirl wrote:Oh... I just watched sugalumps from the same youtube person who posted Issues...

Jemaine's little shoulder wiggle is so cute. Someone threw something at him at the end of the song... what was it?

vmh, you teasers are killing me. out with it lady!

Before the show, I think it was Matt who came out and handed a few white cotton v-neck tees to audience members in the first two rows. I'm assuming he instructed them to throw them on stage at some point during the show as a prank. It was pretty funny. One got thrown at Bret and he said the tee shirt was heavy and it almost knocked him over. Then Jemaine and Bret started telling audience members to be more careful about what they throw on stage. Jemaine implied that he was actually 2-dimensional and the weight of objects thrown on stage could knock him down. Their crew signed stuff all over the shirts.
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby mockingbird » Tue May 26, 2009 5:19 am

:lol:

alysaanne
Giving the paper to the people

Postby alysaanne » Tue May 26, 2009 5:47 am

They dedicated Prince of Parties to James and another guy... I'm assuming James was James Bobin, who was sitting front and center about 5th row.

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Tue May 26, 2009 5:51 am

8)
ImageImage

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Tue May 26, 2009 5:52 am

I saw James there too. He was sitting 2 rows in front of me. I was going to say hello to him after the show but right before they came back on for the encore, I looked over and James disappeared (probably went backstage). I saw him later while we were waiting near the tour buses but he was with a girl so I didn't want to bother him.
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

Return to “2009 Tour Archives”