Berkeley, CA - May 25th

The place where all the 2009 North American Tour is now living. Gig threads, pre and post gig threads, meet and greets, the works. All found here.
LauraK
Boom King!

Re: Berkeley, CA - May 25th

Postby LauraK » Fri May 29, 2009 3:39 am

Robyn and Whambi posted links to the videos of this a few pages back- Jemzilla!! That must have been so awesome to see live! :clap:

(Jemaine...a big-screen is not a mirror.....we won't see thousands of you for infinity, nice as that sounds.....) :lol:

Love that 3rd pic, Sully. :)
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Fri May 29, 2009 3:40 am

I sure never caught it before! That was brilliantly done.....creepy/hilarious! Stana=very bad man! :lol:
ImageImage

Amanda
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby Amanda » Fri May 29, 2009 4:58 am

These ladies met Bret BEFORE the show
4287_80988622606_514697606_1857363_5045243_n.jpg

4287_81323942606_514697606_1862982_4017634_n.jpg

source: facebook
But if you did I'd hold you tight / Into every single night
And we'd fall asleep together / And we'd wake up in the sunlight
Well, maybe I'm a dreamer / But maybe one day you'll see / That dreams are...

Amanda

Postby Amanda » Fri May 29, 2009 4:59 am

looks like Jemaine's been teaching Bret how shirts are meant to be worn.. :lol:
But if you did I'd hold you tight / Into every single night
And we'd fall asleep together / And we'd wake up in the sunlight
Well, maybe I'm a dreamer / But maybe one day you'll see / That dreams are...

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Fri May 29, 2009 5:07 am

Viry cute.....he sure protects his neck....I hope he hasn't been fighting a throat infection or problem the whole tour.....:( His voice always sounded great...

He looks small in pics but not in person! :)
ImageImage

mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby mockingbird » Fri May 29, 2009 5:10 am

Laura, I thought the exact same thing! "It's not a mirror, Jemaine!" :lol:

I am cracking up over here at Stana. He is one bad dude! I love the implication on Santa, as well, i.e. at least he leaves you presents after! Hee hee! I bet Santa's a bit peed off at that one, Jemaine might get coal in his stocking this year. ;)

Amanda - I couldn't tell what he was holding in the picture, now of course it's obvious it's a camera. Wow! I have to say if that were MY camera, forever after whenever I held the camera up to my face to take a picture I'd think, "This was in Jemaine's pants!" and I'd have a moment. :lol: Our lives would suddenly become much more thoroughly documented, lol.

ravenhpltc24
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby ravenhpltc24 » Fri May 29, 2009 5:12 am

mockingbird wrote:I have to say if that were MY camera, forever after whenever I held the camera up to my face to take a picture I'd think, "This was in Jemaine's pants!" and I'd have a moment. :lol: Our lives would suddenly become much more thoroughly documented, lol.

:roll2: I bet!!
He's gonna wake up in a smoothie.

Bad Atom
The "Play Whatever You Want!" Guy

Postby Bad Atom » Fri May 29, 2009 7:11 am

Pants camera? Reminds me of how I jokingly offered to sell my cell phone to some crazed fan because it had touched both the guys' beards.

helgecko

Postby helgecko » Fri May 29, 2009 7:21 am

sorry man, pants camera > beard phone
:wink:
It's all about the music.

Image Image Image Image

hippiechick76
New arrival

Postby hippiechick76 » Fri May 29, 2009 7:42 am

Hi, my name's Julia. I'm pretty new to posting to this forum, but I've been pretty much following this website ever since the 2009 tour started. Anyway, I went to the 6pm show and had a bit of an encounter. And when a say a bit of an encounter, I mean a tiny insy-bitsy encounter.

I had been borderline obsessing about the finale show and had this crazy delusion in my head that I'd actually meet Bret and Jemaine and get to talk to them or just bask in their glory or something :rolleyes: so, I convinced my friend to come with me to the show 3 hours early so that we could meet the guys on their way in. (I didn't want to risk the disappointment of no M&G). We arrived at the venue at the same moment the first fire alarm went off and we were a bit confused about what was going on. To my complete surprise the tour buses were already there! A group of girls waiting by the stage door told me that they had been there for a while and that J&B had been walking back and forth between the venue and the buses for some time. I was a bit ticked because I thought I had lost my opportunity, but to my surprise the stage door opened and out came Arj! He came and talked to the group and handed out his promotional postcards. I was so caught up listening to Arj speak, that I was caught off guard when my friend elbowed me sharply in the side and pointed to the white tour bus. Jemaine had come out of the bus and was slyly trying to walk pass the group of girls and make it to the stage door. I had two options at this point. I couldn't breath because I was so excited and if I opened my mouth, there was a high possibility that my voice was going to squeak. So, basically I could either talk to one of my idols in a ridiculously high-pitched voice or I could just remain quiet and let him walk by. I chose to speak. "Hi Jemaine!" I said like fangirl I am. He stopped and turned around and kind of stared at me. "Hey guys." He said back to me and my friend and then he was gone. It's so incredibly embarrassing that I couldn't manage more than that. :oops: BUT it was my first time seeing him, IN PERSON, and I just couldn't contain myself... So, after I got a pic with Arj and a sig, me and my friend went across the street and sat on a bench that had a good view of the stage door. After a little bit, Arj came back out and crossed the street to where me and my friend were. He was talking on his iphone and was sneezing a lot. Poor guy :( Anyway, after he got off the phone he kind of began to stretch his arms and was staring in my direction. I'm kind of shy, but I know an opportunity when I see one, so I waved at him and he waved back. This is kinda how our convo went.
Arj: Hey guys.
Me: We're really excited for your set tonight, I love your stand up.
Arj: Oh yeah, it's great to be back in my hometown. I love it here... etc.
Me: You're from SF, right?
Arj:Yeah, yeah, inland. I live in Marin...etc. etc.
My friend: That's cool. We're from Walnut Creek.
Arj: Ha! That means we're like this *pounds the knuckles of both his fists together* Yeah, we're tight... etc.
... but then this lady came up and interrupted us and asked Arj some questions. He seemed put off by this and left after that. After that, another fire alarm went off and Bret came out of the building with another woman. He looked really tired. We went and tried to talk to him. He said hi and asked how we were, but then he left with the women to his bus. I'm a bit disappointed that i didn't get a pic with either J or B because I had basically dreaming of that moment for three months and it's a bit of a let down that it didn't turn out like I had been imagining it. It's all so bittersweet. At least Arj is awesome.

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Fri May 29, 2009 7:59 am

Hey Julia! Welcome! Thanks for sharing!

In your defense, at least you said something to Jemaine in your first encounter! I could tell you from experience, you would have regretted even more if you had said nothing at all. I couldn't muster up the courage to say anything to him the first two chances I had. But the third time was a charm.

Plus, you and Arj are tight now!
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

nonchalant obsession
WTF!'s Biggest Blasphemer. Apparently.

Postby nonchalant obsession » Fri May 29, 2009 12:42 pm

Amanda wrote:These ladies met Bret BEFORE the show
4287_80988622606_514697606_1857363_5045243_n.jpg

4287_81323942606_514697606_1862982_4017634_n.jpg

source: facebook

I thought Bret didn't like coffee?

Oh, Bret. Come to my house and I'll make you some homemade pasta. You look a bit thin. Hot, but thin.

I'm seriously glad/hoping that the guys get a break. It prolly burns a million calories shaking your sugalumps like that!

That tiny little girl can get her arm practically all the way around Bret! :(
Image..Image..Image

helgecko

Postby helgecko » Fri May 29, 2009 1:10 pm

He really looks flipping gorgeous in those photos.
I think maybe they belong in the Bret photo thread...

He looks thin, but I don't think he looks unhealthy. And anyway, he's probably home now, resting up and eating lots of spaghetti :D
It's all about the music.

Image Image Image Image

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Fri May 29, 2009 2:05 pm

LauraK wrote:Ok, that's my favorite Stana fro the almost-cracking-up-Jem factor.

OMG, I just watched it again and figured out something. Jemaine said "where as Santa would come down your chimney and bring you wonderful gifts, Stana............. Stana would just come down your chimney." :shock:

*He makes a fake-wtf look to an audience member.........Nod to audience members reacting while making "ewww" face.........trying to keep it together......*

Then Bret says "Stana climbs down your chimney".......Jemaine almost loses it again and says to audience member/s: "what did you think?" smiling, almost laughing....

Not sure if Bret was trying to nip it in the bud or just move the song along as what Jem said went over his head (doubt that!) or what.....but Jemaine! You dirty boy! :tsk: :lol:

Listen/watch again....you'll see....

Oh my gosh yes! Watching Jemaine trying not to crack up is cute but tut tut Jemaine- you and your dirty mind :lol: That video is hilarious haha :D
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Fri May 29, 2009 3:05 pm

nonchalant obsession wrote:I thought Bret didn't like coffee?

It's probably hot tea.
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

Return to “2009 Tour Archives”